Talk

Advanced search

Got any interesting scars????

(90 Posts)
flamesparrow Mon 04-Apr-05 08:58:22

Bein nosey... have you got any interesting scars?

Mine is a nice boring one where my belly button piercing went nasty and I took it out.

Have you seen the dove advert with the woman with the star shaped scar? It looks much prettier than most

fastasleep Mon 04-Apr-05 09:02:19

My bellybutton scar is bigger and better than yours

flamesparrow Mon 04-Apr-05 09:04:24

LOL

Thought I should move to another thread before we get told off on the glasses one

JoolsToo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:04:40

not a one!

fastasleep Mon 04-Apr-05 09:04:55

My son's got a big kidney op scar, we've already started inventing the cool stories! Lol....talking of son's mine's after his breakfast...sigh

WigWamBam Mon 04-Apr-05 09:05:53

I have:

one where a breast lump was taken out;
one shaped like a W on my thumb where it was almost severed when I was 5;
one between my thumb and index finger where I stabbed myself with a can opener trying to put some holes in a jar to put butterflies in when I was about 6;
small scars on my knees from knee surgery;
my caesarean scar.

My mum has a big scar on her arm when she fell into a fire when she was little; she also has a tracheotomy scar from when she had diphtheria as a child.

expatinscotland Mon 04-Apr-05 09:07:22

I've had four knee surgeries - two on each leg. Have a beautiful one on my right knee from anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.

JoolsToo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:09:26

expat! dh has had right lef anterior cruceat lig - done too - bloody footy!

JoolsToo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:09:37

leg even!

megandsoph Mon 04-Apr-05 09:13:26

just a war wound on me knee from my army days... whilst on exersise had to wade up to our shoulders in sewage then wash off in a stream with a dead animal at the bottom of it. Then one of my instructors dragged me up a gravle hill and cut my knee so it got badly infected...
but I wear it with pride

Titania Mon 04-Apr-05 09:13:57

i have a lovely one that runs from the top of my hip down to my knee on my right leg....but im not telling you how i got it!!!!

flamesparrow Mon 04-Apr-05 09:14:01

Owwwwwwwwwwwww!

dyzzidi Mon 04-Apr-05 09:14:37

I have 5 overlapping scars on and above my bellybutton looks a bit like a star. also have two penny shaped ones on right hand side of body 45 degrees of belly button and a scar like a caesarian scar but a couple of inches longer!

Damn Gynae surgeries any more and i will look like a map of britains motorways

Titania Mon 04-Apr-05 09:15:36

not really flamesparrow.....i just scar far too easily! lol

flamesparrow Mon 04-Apr-05 09:17:51

Posts crossed Titania - it was the gravel one that was a big owwww, although yours sounds painful too!!!

I did have a scarred nipple for ages, but it seems to have finally disappeared now... handy hint - never put a freshly filled Zippo lighter into your bra....

Titania Mon 04-Apr-05 09:18:44

oops sorry fs

EEK!! that sounds painful!!!!

triceratops Mon 04-Apr-05 09:22:11

I have a w shaped one on my hand where I was bitten by a seagull who wanted my picnic. And I have a birthmark shaped like a pig on my arm. Ds has a birthmark on his chin and neck which makes strangers do a double take and kids want to put a plaster on him.

HappyDaddy Mon 04-Apr-05 09:38:32

I don't have any scars but my collarbone healed at an angle, after I broke it when I was 13.

marthamoo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:42:23

I have one on the back of my leg - from my heel to midway up my calf (27 stitches) - from surgery to lengthen my Achilles tendon when I was 5 (mild Spina Bifida).

I have a line down the middle of my eyebrow from walking into the bathroom door handle while telling my Mum how fantastic Star Wars had been at the cinema (1977, so I was 7)

I have a faint line under my bottom lip where I tripped up, aged about 12 months, and put my one and only tooth through my lip.

I have a bumpy scar (4 stitches) just below my hairline where my brother was chasing me round the garden and I tripped over the swing and onto the low wall round the flowerbed.

And I had a lot of stitches somewhere else after having ds2 but I won't go into that...

marthamoo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:43:24

Ds1, not ds2 (like to be accurate!) Ds2 just kind of fell out

JoolsToo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:44:30

bloody hell - you're a clumy bugger aren't you

I don't believe the eyebrow one - just admit its a fashion statement!

JoolsToo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:44:42

clumsy even

nailpolish Mon 04-Apr-05 09:48:12

when i was little my brother pushed me onto a plug (of a hairdryer) that was lying on the floor, the plug was plunged into my knee and i now have 3 round scars on my knee like a plug, where the holes were!

JanH Mon 04-Apr-05 09:58:00

Nice one on neck that looks as if I might have been knifed - wasn't though (surgery)

Teethmarks on cheekbone from getting too close to a nasty Scottie aged 4.

Several at bottom of R leg from tripping over broken barbed wire fence while scampering on S Downs (aged 19!!!).

C section.

Small one where small lump was removed from L breast.

Large V-shaped one from lumps and lymph gland removal on R breast.

They have all faded to white now though.

DillyDally Mon 04-Apr-05 09:58:03

I have two tiny ones
One on an ankle from a shell going into my foot and the other from being dropped on a barb wire fence when i was little. Well not dropped so much maybe mishandled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now