5 eggs retrieved - panicking

(152 Posts)
RedPandaFluff Fri 05-Apr-19 12:54:21

Hi everyone - this is our 4th donor egg IVF cycle and the clinic called earlier to say that 5 eggs have been retrieved. I'm devastated because I know what a numbers game this is - we've previously had 12+ eggs and watched that number drop drastically over the following days, so I'm terrified that we won't have any embryos to transfer and the latest cycle of drugs and anxiety has all been for nothing, not even a chance of a BFP.

I'm so upset . . . any success stories out there with 5 or fewer eggs? Thank you x

OPโ€™s posts: |
dreichuplands Wed 08-May-19 20:04:25

I just came on to tell you that we had 7 eggs and have two dc.

Congratulations, try not too worry too much.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 08-May-19 19:24:17

So many congratulations again, and I'm thrilled you got to see a heartbeat grin

WildFlower2019 Wed 08-May-19 18:55:21

Ahhh congrats with your BFP and seeing baby's heartbeat today ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

VenusStarr Wed 08-May-19 18:41:43

Brilliant news @RedPandaFluff, congratulations! Will you have any more scans before the 12 week one?

RedPandaFluff Wed 08-May-19 16:34:49

Thanks everyone! Downloaded the book, @AliceAbsolum, and I definitely want to know if it's a boy or girl, @HotChocolateLover - I'm a planner ๐Ÿ˜

I also feel really nauseous right now and even that makes me happy ๐Ÿ˜†

Candleabra Wed 08-May-19 12:51:25

Brilliant news, so pleased for you

Advertisement

HotChocolateLover Wed 08-May-19 12:46:53

Just found your thread and my heart was in my mouth with excitement waiting for the BFP update! So pleased for you OP! Do you think youโ€™ll find out if itโ€™s a B/G??!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

AliceAbsolum Wed 08-May-19 12:43:30

@RedPandaFluff YAY very pleased to hear this. Whoop whoop.

If you buy the book "expecting better" its got evidence based advice about flying. Can't remember what it says though.

MrJollyLivesNextDoor Wed 08-May-19 12:43:15

Brilliant news ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

pineapplepatty Wed 08-May-19 12:36:05

Yay!!!! Go enjoy your pregnancy OP, brilliant update x

DaisyMay25 Wed 08-May-19 12:35:50

@RedPandaFluff so so happy for you! I wouldn't think the flying will be a problem, can always call your clinic to check?

PrayingandHoping Wed 08-May-19 12:34:54

@RedPandaFluff fantastic news!

Can't help with the flying.... I think it's on the ok list at this stage?

RedPandaFluff Wed 08-May-19 12:31:53

Hi everyone! I'm so, so happy to be able to tell you that I had the scan this morning and there was a heartbeat! It's amazing, I can't believe it - and DH is over the moon, I think he's finally allowing himself to believe that we could actually end up with a baby after all this!

Thank you for all the support and good wishes, I'm so grateful for them.

I, on the other hand, am just finding new things to worry about - we're supposed to be flying to the US on Saturday. Should we cancel?

twinkledag Tue 07-May-19 21:57:52

That sounds scary! Keeping fingers crossed for next scan. Keep us posted ๐Ÿคž

PrayingandHoping Tue 07-May-19 09:18:38

@RedPandaFluff heartbeat isn't certain until 7 weeks so if there isn't one at 6+4 don't think it's over. I'm sure if things have developed they will be happy with that

Have everything crossed for you ๐Ÿคž

Candleabra Mon 06-May-19 22:52:15

Have been thinking of you. Hope the scan goes well on weds.

RedPandaFluff Mon 06-May-19 22:28:44

Hi @twinkledag - thank you for asking! It's been a rough week, if I'm honest - had an episode of bad cramps and bleeding so went to the EPU. They checked my hcg levels, which were fine, and scanned me the following day, which was 5+4, and they could see a gestational sac and yolk sac but no foetal pole or heartbeat. The sonographer wasn't too worried as it's still early. I have my scan at the clinic on Wednesday morning - that's crunch time, I'll be 6+4 so we need to see a little heartbeat flickering away!

No idea why I was bleeding - but it didn't last long, so I'm taking it as a warning to take it easy and not try to do too much running around. I feel positive though ๐Ÿ˜

twinkledag Mon 06-May-19 16:30:24

How are you getting on @RedPandaFluff?

5BlueHydrangea Tue 16-Apr-19 09:41:54

Just come across your thread and read through the rollercoaster! So pleased you have a BFP, fingers crossed for the future. flowers

Theredjellybean Tue 16-Apr-19 09:29:31

I was coming on to post that I had only three eggs, and all three made it to transfer stage, (yrs ago when they happily put back multiples)
The surviving sticky one is now 23...
Second time around had 2 eggs, 1 embryo to transfer and she is just doing a levels.

But I have seen your wonderful news... You just need one!!!!!

Lifeaback Tue 16-Apr-19 09:28:21

Have been watching this thread with everything crossed for you... congratulations!

Candleabra Tue 16-Apr-19 09:17:18

Wow that's amazing, so pleased for you x

SnapesGreasyHair Tue 16-Apr-19 08:16:20

Absolutely thrilled for you. Xx

OberJean Tue 16-Apr-19 08:10:32

I've been checking back as yourvpost really got to me, I'm thrilled for you, Just fantastic! Huge congratulations!! Xxx

resipsa Mon 15-Apr-19 23:19:12

That's fabulous! What a strong line, too. Many, many congratulations!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in