Talk

Advanced search

SMEP - feel free to join! :)

(595 Posts)
danielasummer Tue 03-Dec-19 07:34:40

Hi everyone, just making this thread as it seems a few of us will be trying SMEP to TTC! Adding these lovely ladies in from another thread but I hope everyone feels free to join! All welcome smile

@Devgirl31 @fayy123 @NCON @MrsKJW19

Some stats about me:

TTC #1
27 years old, DH is 28 years old
Missed miscarriage in October 2019 at 7+2 weeks
Still in that cycle (no AF yet)
Long and irregular cycles, some anovulatory
Suspected low progesterone/hypothyroidism (I think this based on symptoms, not diagnosed yet!)

Hope we can all provide support for each other in this crazy TTC journey.

Feel free to introduce yourselves smile

bluemoon2468 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:05:08

@danielasummer thank you 😊 I'll try and wait until the weekend at least!

danielasummer Tue 21-Jan-20 07:57:08

@bluemoon2468 no problem, so I would say then that you O'd between CD14 or CD16. I'm personally an advocate for waiting until AF is due to test but if you couldn't wait, I'd try to make it to at least 10DPO. Let us know how you get on! Crossing my fingers for you x

bluemoon2468 Tue 21-Jan-20 07:53:33

@danielasummer interesting theory! Thanks so much for taking time to look over it! You might be right... I really hope so! I did get positive OPKs on CD14 and 15
and potentially 13 (very strong line but just about negative). Temps are back up to 36.6 today. Do you think it's worth me testing tomorrow or should I just wait?

danielasummer Tue 21-Jan-20 07:46:04

@bluemoon2468 hi lovely, I had a look over this last night and this morning. My only guess would be that NC have placed your coverline too high and you actually o'd on CD14. If you look at the temps after that, they are elevated. That would make you 6DPO on this chart, which is in timing for an implantation dip. What's your temp like this morning? x

danielasummer Tue 21-Jan-20 07:43:46

@ChampooPapi hi, thanks lovely. AF punched me right in the face at about 7pm last night, was hoping my temp was just 'off' and I would make it until this morning with no show.. nope! At least since the mc I have no PMS which is a positive.

Thank you so much for your support, bless you x I'm feeling ok-ish, but going to turn to the CB digi dual OPK system now as I feel I need a helping hand. Sex-marathons are exhausting and I really want to pinpoint ovulation next cycle.

You're totally right about keeping positive but realistic. I built up hope for this cycle but also kept my feet on the ground and decided I wouldn't test until AF was due. I'm so glad I did and will carry this feeling forwards for my next cycles. It is a totally different ball-game when you've had a loss. For my first pregnancy, I did a big family surprise announcement, filmed it, wrote it in my dad's birthday card, the lot! The next pregnancy will be kept quiet until at least 12 weeks, maybe even 16 until we tell extended family. So sad that I've lost the 'zing' of pregnancy without a previous loss. Glad I have you to talk to although, of course, I wish it had never happened to you (or both of us).

For me, I'm heading now into my third proper cycle of TTC. Well done for not testing yesterday! You don't have long to wait. Have you had any symptoms or is it too early? How many DPO are you? Can I also ask, how do you fill the time in your TWW? I wasn't too bad this cycle but can imagine I'll get progressively worse! x

ChampooPapi Mon 20-Jan-20 09:04:05

@bluemoon2468 I didn't want to leave you hanging as I'd just posted but I really don't understand these things I'm afraid. Hopefully me posting will help in the way as it'll bump the thread so you can get help!

bluemoon2468 Mon 20-Jan-20 08:50:58

I've posted this on a couple of threads but I'm super confused and desperate for answers (or guesses)! I'm CD20, and supposedly 4DPO. The first picture is my chart this cycle. I had positive OPKs on CD8, 14 and 15, and two rises in temp (which happens to me every month), but Natural Cycles ignored the first one and says I ovulated on CD16. Today my temp took a massive dip as you can see - if it were in a few days time, I'd say possible implantation dip? But it's too early. This never happens to me really - I've attached two of my other charts from months I wasnt pregnant for a comparison. Can anyone shed any light on what might be going on?

ChampooPapi Mon 20-Jan-20 08:34:54

@danielasummer I know it's said a lot on here but you are not out until your period arrives. The body is a weird and wonderful thing and you could test tomorrow and get that line.

But if af does arrive we are all here for you so please update us, we are here to support you too! After all the love and kindness you've shown on here with this amazing thread you started, it's our turn to hold you 🤗

Keeping realistic is so important for us as well I know because over excitement builds so much hope and although we obviously can't control ourselves thinking 'just maybe I'm pregnant this time' because of our losses we have to keep our feet on the ground too. Such a different experience this ttc then the last time we caught isn't it? I do think that not being pregnant this month going into February we can both feel really positive because statistics are by month 6 like 75 percent of women get pregnant and have babies in their arms 9 months later.

It'll month 4 for us won't it in Feb so chances are good 🌱👣🌈

I on the other hand after all the bfp fantastic news almost did a pregnancy test this morning , luckily logic prevailed! Supposed to test next Tuesday if no af Monday 🙄🤞

danielasummer Mon 20-Jan-20 06:51:03

So lovely to hear of some BFP stories! And it does certainly give me a boost 😊

14DPO and my temp this morning has dropped way below coverline ladies..so looks like I'm out this month. Such a shame, was starting to get excited to test. Haven't slept much the last few nights as I was excited to wake up and POAS! The body is cruel!

Hope you're all doing ok. Lashings of baby dust 💫

Lucy5546 Sun 19-Jan-20 22:13:44

@NCON my 12 week scan is 25th feb. I was thinking of gettin an early scan but like you i am afraid haha. So unless im worried i dont plan on gettin one. I will have a few things on over the next few weeks so im kinda breaking it down counting every two weeks. So far so good.

Congrats @HE88 yes my boobs just feel heavy all the time. OH has noticed they are bigger but i think its just in his head haha. Also my skin is lovely and soooo soft. Oh and i had a lot of extra CM and just wanted sex all the time. And it was always amazing ahah.

Yes i DTD every other day. Didnt use OPKs or anything but noticed EWCM so DTD every day for 5/6 days then back to every other day. Its so exciting that theres a few BFP. I hope it gives the rest of thw girls a boost.

HE88 Sun 19-Jan-20 21:56:15

@NCON thank you 😊. Aw my boobs are sore all day and night and have been since I found out the joys ha ha. It was my 1st time trying SMEP so stuck to it pretty much as it tells you too. How about you?

NCON Sun 19-Jan-20 21:34:46

@HE88 congratulations! So glad to hear there are others with no sickness 😊 I was a bit worried but seems like maybe morning sickness/nausea isn't as common as I previously thought 🤷 no mad CM for me, from time to time maybe but not constant at all. Boobs are fine during the day but at night oh my gosh they are so sore to the point it wakes me if I turn over 😂 did ye both (@lucy5546 too) stick to SMEP before your BFP's?

HE88 Sun 19-Jan-20 21:24:51

@NCON @Lucy5546 I'm 5 weeks 6days so a week behind you both but man the exhaustion is unreal and my boobs are so so sore and so full looking 😂. Plus I've also had loads of cm but no sickness yet!

NCON Sun 19-Jan-20 20:44:59

Thanks again @ChampooPapi I followed SMEP to the dot so I'm convinced that's what worked!

@lucy5546 my scan isn't till Feb 24th so feels like miles away. What about you? R u gonna have an early scan? I don't want to get one and I don't even know why 😂 think I'm afraid they will say there is nothing there so I'd strangely rather wait till 12 weeks so at least if all is good then I can breathe a sigh of relief 🤔

Lucy5546 Sun 19-Jan-20 19:52:08

@NCON oh i am 7 weeks 1day. And like you i am just exhausted and nipples are sore. Im so glad to hear somebody else isnt feeling sick yet. I was beginning to think there was something wrong. When is your scan?

Healthypositivity Sun 19-Jan-20 18:23:36

@champoopapi thanks for checking in and no I didn't. I was rather relieved to be honest.

ChampooPapi Sun 19-Jan-20 18:20:05

@NCON amazing news! Absolutely thrilled for you and now your seven weeks already!. I always obviously hope that people who don't update have got pregnant but this is such good news for our thread.

Major win for smep and all the best to you @NCON , fantastic news 👣✨

NCON Sun 19-Jan-20 18:16:00

Hi @ChampooPapi thanks for checking in! I got my BFP on Christmas day, 1st month of SMEP and using preseed! Ment to come back to update but it still doesn't feel quite real 🙈 7weeks 2 days now and no sickness at all, only symptoms is tiredness and sore boobs particularly at night. Counting down the days till 12 week scan lol.

How r u getting on?

ChampooPapi Sun 19-Jan-20 18:12:50

@Healthypositivity did you get your bfp yet 🤞✨

ChampooPapi Sun 19-Jan-20 18:10:15

<waves> @NCON @TunnocksTcake how are you ladies doing? Went back to the beginning of the thread by accident and realized hadn't seen you guys post in a while. @TunnocksTcake how's pregnant life treating you? Have you been bitten by the sickness, it can be the worst thing ever that's for sure

ChampooPapi Sun 19-Jan-20 17:35:48

God this month is dragging isn't it! I'm still a week away from af or testing for me. I hate wishing this time away!

How is everyone doing?

bluemoon2468 Sun 19-Jan-20 14:43:36

@Bunny2006 so sorry to hear that. Sometimes my BBT doesn't drop until the middle-end of my AF.

HE88 Sun 19-Jan-20 14:18:13

Aw @Bunny2006 sorry to hear that. Xx

Bunny2006 Sun 19-Jan-20 13:15:18

Sadly AF is here today sad Without a drop in BBT?!

HE88 Sat 18-Jan-20 22:29:06

@Bunny2006 thank you 😊. I really hope you get your bfp sending you lots of baby dust xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »