Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you craved through pregnancy?

(127 Posts)
Valdy Fri 22-Mar-19 16:38:30

And can anyone please help me with mine ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am 35 weeks today with my 2nd boy and I have the urge to eat chalk!! Crunchy chalk! I've tried to crunch on other things---- like ice, nuts, apples, but nope, always comes back to wanting chalk... what can I do and please help me before I order chalk and eat it

I also get the urge to smell cleaning products what is wrong with me ๐Ÿ™‚

EssentialHummus Fri 22-Mar-19 18:36:04

Ice or freezing cold water. And Big Macs blush.

sonlypuppyfat Fri 22-Mar-19 18:37:48

Oranges and fanta. I used to work next to a greengrocer's and I used to just stare at the oranges

FlagranceDirect Fri 22-Mar-19 18:41:52

Cornflakes with full fat milk. I usually find full fat too greasy in my mouth, but couldn't get enough when pregnant. So not really anything extraordinary.

Didyeeaye Fri 22-Mar-19 18:42:07

I craved fairly normal things by comparison. Coleslaw, crushed ice and lemon curd sandwiches lol

FedUpParent Fri 22-Mar-19 19:00:57

LikeACowsOpinion Mine was also Stress Relief Radox! I've never met another mum who craved it, i still use it 3 years later grin It's all i wanted to smell day and night

FedUpParent Fri 22-Mar-19 19:04:36

Food wise with DC1 it was fudge and orange juice, DC2 was celery (i mean an insane amount of celery) and ice blasts

Also with DC2 i reeeeeally wanted to lick rocks? Like the texture of it blush I didn't! But i really wanted to

My DM ate Pears soap when pregnant with me envy (not envy)

Crunchymum Fri 22-Mar-19 19:08:10

Flash Bleach spray really made my mouth water with DC2. I used to really be able to "taste" the smell if that makes sense. I was nonplussed about it before and after.

Had the same with cucumber with DC3. It was so fragrant and aromatic and tasted so succulent and juicy. I lived on it.

DC1 was Kettle Chips, nuff said

MotherofPearl Fri 22-Mar-19 19:20:12

In my third pregnancy I became addicted to the smell of Cool Citrus Listerine. I had dreadful HG but once I was over the peak of that I found that sniffing Listerine - only Cool Citrus - helped take the edge off the constant nausea. I had bottles of the stuff dotted all around the house. blush

GPatz Fri 22-Mar-19 19:25:33

Currently 37 weeks and LOVE standing in a brick corridor at work sniffing the brick dust. Just that particular corridor.

Anothertimesoon Fri 22-Mar-19 19:25:51

I craved sponges with all of my DC! And the green radox shower gel ๐Ÿ˜ฉ had to carry a sponge round everywhere with me and just take bites out then when it got bitty I spat it out and got another bite. Mil once caught me taking a bite of one of her fresh ones and the look on her face was priceless

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Fri 22-Mar-19 19:47:09

Original fairy washing up liquid,to sniff though not eat

Valdy Fri 22-Mar-19 19:55:27

@BillyAndTheSillies yes I loved the spicy Doritos at the beginning of my pregnancy! Loved them (and the crunch of course) then got Norovirus and got sick, all I could smell was Doritos... put off for life sad

Ragnarthe Fri 22-Mar-19 19:56:54

First time honey loop cereal. Cheerios were not acceptable, they had to be Kelloggs.
Second time Pink Lady apples (I don't normally like apples). Like 5 or 6 a day and Fanta which I normally hate and have never drunk since.

Tovisaornottovisa Fri 22-Mar-19 19:57:43

Leather.... i cravw the smell. I want to chew it. The only think to satisfy it is biltong. But it is expensive. Jerky is horrible. So i boughg a car air freshner that smells like leather in my kitchen and i eat my biltong in there. I have also been googling full grainnleather just to look at it blush

Valdy Fri 22-Mar-19 19:58:58

@Didyeeaye yours has made me want all 3 of those things ๐Ÿคค can't go out though as DS is in bed, so I suppose I'll make do with salt and vinegar crisps and get OH to run into co op when home from work ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

Thishatisnotmine Fri 22-Mar-19 20:00:30

Mozzarella, Cadbury Flakes, Vicks Vapour Rub. In the last few weeks of both pregnancies I was eating Vicks. Sniffed a lot of pink Windowlene too but resisted the urge to drink it.

Tovisaornottovisa Fri 22-Mar-19 20:01:11

Pg with dc4 and all 4 was the same and nothing wrong with my iron levels

mackerella Fri 22-Mar-19 20:01:19

DC1: liquorice all-sorts and apples. I went insane when I couldn't sleep one night, thinking about the perfect apple turnover, and imagining the cool, sweet apple contrasting with the crisp, sugary, flaky pastry.

DC2: gherkins. I used to buy massive jars from the Polish shop and as soon as I got home from work, I'd raid the fridge and stand by the worktop crunching them blush

Bamchic Fri 22-Mar-19 20:01:21

Meat. I was veggie for yonks.

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 22-Mar-19 20:02:08

Sponges, I ate dozens of them.

ahtellthee Fri 22-Mar-19 20:04:49

Salt and vinegar crisps. Except the crisps made me sick. So I used to suck the crisps and then put the wet crisp in the bin.

I once wanted something with the taste of a giant strawberry sweet but the sensation that you get when you bit into a king size prawn. DH wouldn't even go to the garage to see if they had anything to fit that criteria. Unreasonable git

Valdy Fri 22-Mar-19 20:05:34

@Hezz was the white chalk taste awful? I can't stop thinking about crunching on them, it's becoming a right problem for me ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

ahtellthee Fri 22-Mar-19 20:05:51

@mackerella is DC1 a girl and DC2 a boy? I had vinegary cravings with all my boys but not my DD

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 22-Mar-19 20:14:48

Raw carrots and fat coke grin

Thishatisnotmine Fri 22-Mar-19 20:16:13

Also those cans of Starbucks double shot espresso. They made my morning sickness slightly better with dd2. I tried to balance out the unhealthiness with a refreshing Innocent smoothie called 'energising' or something and it was weeks before I read the label properly I drink a few cups of coffee a day and only slightly cut back in pregnancies but even I was shocked at the level of caffiene I was consuming through cans of coffee and smoothies!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started ยป