Talk

Advanced search

To think this shower gel is not rude and they are being ridiculous

(90 Posts)
CatsRidingRollercoasters Mon 02-Jan-17 18:57:19

It's a Sun link, sorry: http://thesun.uk/61898OEwv

Basically some grandparents are outraged about the instructions on a bottle of Lush shower gel which they bought their granddaughter for Christmas.

They are being ridiculous, no?

CatsRidingRollercoasters Mon 02-Jan-17 18:59:29

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/2498887/grandparents-anger-after-their-eight-year-old-granddaughters-christmas-bath-set-contained-a-lewd-message/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Mon 02-Jan-17 19:00:14

What are the instructions?

NotTodaySatan Mon 02-Jan-17 19:01:06

Not clicking on a link to that rag.

What are the instructions?

PossumInAPearTree Mon 02-Jan-17 19:01:31

"Invite someone into the shower"

9/10 for the sad face.

HecateAntaia Mon 02-Jan-17 19:01:33

"If you really don't know how then we suggest you find someone you really like and invite them into the shower with you to demonstrate"

BathshebaNewYearStone Mon 02-Jan-17 19:01:36

There's already a thread about this.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 02-Jan-17 19:01:54

Nothing rude about that message. It's their dirty mind!

user1481838270 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:02:18

It's The Sun.

It's hardly a surprise it's ridiculous?

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 02-Jan-17 19:02:22

I think it's a bit rude, and I might summon up enough outrage to partially raise an eyebrow. Although I'd probably snigger like a child tbh.

It's certainly not complaint worthy though!

PossumInAPearTree Mon 02-Jan-17 19:02:32

Coldilox Mon 02-Jan-17 19:02:36

Excellent sad face

Oliversmumsarmy Mon 02-Jan-17 19:03:43

Well it's saying if you don't know how to use shower gel you need to ask someone for help.

EveOnline2016 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:03:49

“He said I wasn’t the first person to complain about this – they’ve had four or five complaints over the past couple of years about it, but nothing’s been done about it. And he actually said this batch is aimed at children.

“The instructions on the shower gel says: ‘How to use: If you really don’t know how to use this, then we suggest you find someone you really like and invite them into the shower with you to demonstrate.’

This is totally inappropriate for a child product.

BlossomCat Mon 02-Jan-17 19:04:00

*The instructions on the shower gel says: ‘How to use: If you really don’t know how to use this, then we suggest you find someone you really like and invite them into the shower with you to demonstrate.’

“I couldn’t believe it said that. Then of course Macy was asking me what it meant*

I think they are reading far too much into that...

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 02-Jan-17 19:04:15

Compensation face
Nuts

HecateAntaia Mon 02-Jan-17 19:04:20

the gift set was, apparently, a shower gel and moldable bath putty.

Which tbh I would have thought was a child's sort of thing and therefore not really appropriate for an "invite someone to shower with you" message.

CatsRidingRollercoasters Mon 02-Jan-17 19:04:21

Direct quote from top quality journo, or not...

“I happened to pick up the bottle and was reading aloud how to use it.

“The instructions on the shower gel says: ‘How to use: If you really don’t know how to use this, then we suggest you find someone you really like and invite them into the shower with you to demonstrate.’

“I couldn’t believe it said that. Then of course Macy was asking me what it meant.

“I didn’t know what to say to her, so I had to pretend it meant she could bath with Buddy. But that’s not really appropriate either.

“It was the only thing I could think of to say to her at the time.”

Richard says he was so upset he broke the habit of a lifetime and decided to contact the chain’s HQ to complain.

CatsRidingRollercoasters Mon 02-Jan-17 19:05:39

Didn't realise there was already a thread on this, sorry blush

U2HasTheEdge Mon 02-Jan-17 19:05:56

I love Snow Fairy.

YANBU.. they are overreacting.

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 02-Jan-17 19:06:07

At least it wasn't this one ;)

Fartleks Mon 02-Jan-17 19:06:09

It's adult minds that are rude. A child would interpret this differently to a child. A child would have a totally different spin on this

Dontneedausername Mon 02-Jan-17 19:06:38

It's not a child's product.....

EccentricPickle Mon 02-Jan-17 19:06:50

It's a tiny bit rude but as a child it would have gone right over my head and I would have assumed that it meant: "if you don't know then ask your mum to demonstrate!" And that's what I would have said to DD if I found myself in their position. hmm

Hardly newsworthy

FizzBombBathTime Mon 02-Jan-17 19:06:53

That sad face is certainly something

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now