Talk

Advanced search

would it be odd to put a box of

(44 Posts)
supermariossister Tue 09-Dec-14 16:00:00

krave cereal on the children's bed. they are always asking me to buy it and I rarely do because it's so expensive or does it sound a bit naff/strange

cindydog Tue 09-Dec-14 16:06:37

if they love the stuff why not? They can have it for their breakfast or you could produce the box at the breakfast table. My ds loves potato products so has requested a potato breakfast, this consists of waffles,hash browns ,wedges and potato cakes -- perhaps prune juice might be needed after all that---

Poledra Tue 09-Dec-14 16:09:17

Will it make them happy? If yes, do it. Who cares what others think?

SantasBassoon Tue 09-Dec-14 16:11:10

Of course you should if that's what will make them happy. It doesn't matter if someone thinks it's odd, they would never know.

Leeds2 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:12:30

I would do it. Or put it in their stockings.

ReluctantCamper Tue 09-Dec-14 16:14:50

I once had a tin of anchovies in my stocking! Go for it.

supermariossister Tue 09-Dec-14 16:27:26

ah I feel better now, potato breakfast sounds like my kind of thing, anchovies not so muchgrin they will love it they ask all the time but it's so expensive for so little cereal so I usually don't oblige

youmakemydreams Tue 09-Dec-14 16:30:32

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Dc loves it.
Incidentally asda and morrisons do their own brand version now as well. Half the price.

Theselittlelightsofmine Tue 09-Dec-14 16:31:34

You can buy the packets that have enough for two bowls, perfect stocking filler smile

supermariossister Tue 09-Dec-14 16:38:42

that's a good idea :-) I buy the Asda version but they complaingrin

jThompson Tue 09-Dec-14 16:57:16

Not odd here, mine have marshmallow fluff in their stockings. We unusually have some food item in there that they pester for and I don't normally buy.

CiderRules Tue 09-Dec-14 17:01:03

When I was little my parents used to do special 'breakfast boxes' (in our school lunch boxes) for Christmas morning (clever plan to delay us waking them up!). It was the only time we ever got those mini Kellogg's variety pack cereals and we LOVED it!

NorksEnormous Tue 09-Dec-14 20:18:53

Home bargains have the white chocolate brownie one for £1.79 or something!

RJnomore Tue 09-Dec-14 20:20:19

Mines are getting pop tarts because usually I won't have them in the house.

fuzzpig Tue 09-Dec-14 20:26:29

I was thinking of doing something like that. We are all cereal fiends and used to get through tons of the stuff, but decided to give it up - I think a box each would be nice if they could chose their favourites.

supermariossister Tue 09-Dec-14 20:43:47

the breakfast boxes sound cool! yep these love pop tarts too another thing I don't buy too often. think I will do it grin.

superbagpuss Tue 09-Dec-14 20:51:30

my two are getting coco pops

only father Christmas or hotels have coco pops and mummy never buys them hmm

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 09-Dec-14 20:54:38

Yes do it grin mine are getting fruit shoots in theirs!! Christmas is for those usually not allowed treats

supermariossister Tue 09-Dec-14 21:14:43

I am a cereal grump at the minute because it disappears soon as it appears so can relate to the coco pops grin.

supermariossister Tue 09-Dec-14 21:14:59

I want a fruit shoot nowgrin.

dancingwitch Tue 09-Dec-14 21:22:18

I am 38 and rang my mum (who we're staying with over Xmas this year) this morning to remind her I have to have M&S triple choc cereal for breakfast on Xmas Day. Three years ago, we were staying at MIL's and she obviously didn't know about this and Christmas was ruined! Well, not quite but it did make me realise I like a treat breakfast. My DC will either have croissant or eggy bread.

lunar1 Tue 09-Dec-14 21:23:59

Mine get a breakfast box on their bed with their stocking. Chocolate milk, a sandwich cut with a cookie cutter into stars, a pot of fruit salad and a yogurt pouch. I put it all in a Christmas gift box from disney store. They think it's amazing!!

TooMuchCantBreathe Tue 09-Dec-14 21:25:06

You can get individual pots of krave that would fit in a stocking, a pack plus a wrap of pop tarts would make my dc the happiest dc anywhere on Christmas morning grin

not controlling about breakfast at all emoticon

supermariossister Tue 09-Dec-14 21:28:38

pop tarts and krave sound like a perfectly balanced breakfast for me grin. poor dc I was allowed to get away with so much more. hope you get your triple choc cereal this year!

squiggleirl Tue 09-Dec-14 21:33:21

I don't think it sounds weird at all. Mine aren't allowed Coke. Santa will be bringing them a bottle with their names on. A 'forbidden' treat is a great thing to get at Christmas.

My two have also been given Christmas bowls and plates previous years - that was all part of an effort to get them to eat something amidst all the madness. It's amazing how fast a breakfast or dinner can disappear when it's served on something Santa brought!

Roll out the cereal I say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now