Talk

Advanced search

MP has retweeted Janice Turner's article

(54 Posts)
Justabunchofcunts Sun 04-Feb-18 12:27:31

Wanted to highlight a couple posts from a longer thread:

If anyone's inclined to show Margot James some love on Twitter right now it would probably be a good thing! She's going to get a lot of flack.

This Tory MP has put her head above the parapet and retweeted the link to Janice Turner's article. Link below in case anyone wants to let her know it's appreciated, it matters to women, and the issue will massively affect how we vote: mobile.twitter.com/margot_james_mp/status/959696278706905089?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Ecom.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Sun 04-Feb-18 12:31:50

I did earlier. Good for her!

Justabunchofcunts Sun 04-Feb-18 12:33:59

Yey Assigned! I can't do a clicky link, do you know how?

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 04-Feb-18 12:34:59

Clicky link : twitter.com/margot_james_mp/status/959696278706905089

misscockerspaniel Sun 04-Feb-18 12:36:51

I am not on Twitter so have sent my thanks via Margot James' website. Very easy to do. I didn't give my contact details, I simply used her online form, gave my name, typed a message and pressed send.

Justabunchofcunts Sun 04-Feb-18 12:42:33

Great Misscocker hadn't thought of that. Do you have a link? I could google and post but clicky links seem to be a bit beyond me.

lotsofbunnies Sun 04-Feb-18 12:46:46

Replied on twitter and am now following her.

misscockerspaniel Sun 04-Feb-18 12:47:11

margotjames.com/

If you click on the link and scroll down - hopefully this works smile

LemonadeWithACherry Sun 04-Feb-18 12:48:29

Ooh she's my MP. Think I'll give her a follow and a like..

motmot Sun 04-Feb-18 12:50:11

I also used her website to send a message anonymously. I'm not a Tory voter but public voices willing to engage with gender critical thinking are to be supported.

Fortheloveofscience Sun 04-Feb-18 12:53:10

Thanks for the head’s up. I saw her post but didn’t realise she was an MP.

citykat Sun 04-Feb-18 12:57:58

I went via her website too. I previously emailed The Times to support JT but there did not seem a way except letters to the editor which cannot be anonymous. Any ideas? Keen to send another message to her. I don't do twitter (bit old don't really get itsmile)

Justabunchofcunts Sun 04-Feb-18 13:00:47

Thanks misscocker.

Motmot good idea.

Whichever way you vote, any movement on the debate on this issue in ANY party is helpful.

If Labour fully support self-ID with no questions raised, that piles pressure on the Tories to do the same. Likewise, if Tory MPs are prepared to break rank and risk being called bigot to raise the concerns we see, showing support for that puts pressure on Labour to be more open to these and be seen to be so.

I think showing support for ANY and ALL MPs talking openly about this is important. Especially given how difficult it must be to be among the first to publically say 'hang on this isn't bigoted, these are genuine concerns, let's listen to them.

Justabunchofcunts Sun 04-Feb-18 13:12:28

And of course same goes for Lib Dem/greens and any others. As the debate opens up and they see/actually listen to concerns, this is the most likely thing to get them to reflect on and change their policies.

mimivanne Sun 04-Feb-18 13:18:03

Miss Cocker Spaniel
Thanks for the link,my message of thanks seems to have 'sent'

Ekphrasis Sun 04-Feb-18 13:35:06

Oooh will do smile

MockneyReject Sun 04-Feb-18 13:50:56

Have messaged her to say thank you.

terryleather Sun 04-Feb-18 14:23:07

I've messaged too fwiw...

NotALabourMemberImAfraidLads Sun 04-Feb-18 15:39:44

Great news. I'm particularly pleased to see one of our few out lesbian MPs speaking up on this. So many of the prominent women speaking out on this are lesbians that people have to start seeing that this isn't just an extension of LGB rights, don't they?

LangCleg Sun 04-Feb-18 16:17:10

Sent her a message of thanks, said that my vote in the next GE would be cast on the basis of this issue, and asked her to pass it up the line to policy makers in her party.

AprilW Sun 04-Feb-18 16:46:45

Also sent message of thanks via website. I really must join Twitter, or is it just soul-destroyingly depressing? I was quite encouraged by the response to the Women's March Rose McGowan tweet, but everything else seems swamped in 'Trans Women Are Women' nodebate shutupTERF bullshit, and I get enough of that from my FB feminist group.

pisacake Sun 04-Feb-18 16:56:14

"So many of the prominent women speaking out on this are lesbians that people have to start seeing that this isn't just an extension of LGB rights, don't they?"

From what I see on twitter, at least half the 'terfs' are lesbians.

picklemepopcorn Sun 04-Feb-18 18:24:30

I've sent a thank you message too. I may try and send the article to my MP, and see if he will think about it.

picklemepopcorn Sun 04-Feb-18 19:04:27

I've emailed two local mps I know personally, with links to the Janice Turner article and the TIM in prison article, and asked them to support their colleague Margot.

Justabunchofcunts Sun 04-Feb-18 19:08:54

This is all great stuff.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: