Talk

Advanced search

12 weeks to lose 2 stone

(1000 Posts)
SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 09:53:18

That's slightly over 2lbs a week.
I'm planning to exercise every day & do the 5:2.
Anyone fancy joining me?
smile

DottieLottie1 Tue 20-Aug-19 22:28:49

Finished today on 785, though I'm thinking that's a bit hardcore hmm. Was busy rushing round like a blue arsed fly that I couldn't stop for lunch if any kind. Dinner was Chicken, Chorizo, couscous and salad. I had a punnet of raspberries a little later.

Will hit my 1200 for the next 3 days. I'm not sure what the weekend will bring as away (West Country) and I'll probably go over but doubt wildly so.

Hope you all had a good day smile

TantricTwist Tue 20-Aug-19 13:33:10

I am nowhere near beach ready sadly hence no beach holiday this year for me

I'm at work today.

@Seer have a fabulous holiday- we will miss you too. Enjoy and take it easy knowing you'll be looking beachtastic

@DottieLottie1 you'll be looking fabulous in 6 months too (and well before that) so plenty of time

I have a fair while till I grace a beach although if we get a heatwave here I will pop in for a swim.

DottieLottie1 Tue 20-Aug-19 08:56:22

Ha Ha, crossed post @Seer grin

I step on and off the scales a few times to see any difference too! Mine must be quite reliable though as they always settle on the same even after they fluctuate between weights. Mine are digital but only weigh in stone and pounds (and kilos) so no oz!

I'm so hoping I'll be beach ready. I'm glad I pulled my head out of the sand early enough. My holiday (The abroad onewink) is early spring. So I've got about 6 months.

DottieLottie1 Tue 20-Aug-19 08:26:28

Morning all.

Welcome @LuluJakey1 , that weight loss is great. Keep motivated and you will have shed the remainder in no time. Make sure your not to hard on yourself as you've only just had your baby - congratulations. Keep checking in, this thread is nearly full but @Seer has started a sequel thread- 'The one where we get back in our old jeans' - sorry it's not linked I'm not very techy.

I'm going to give the dog and I a quick stretch of the legs as I'm off out shortly. I'll have a quick cuppa before I go. I also must start drinking water, I tend to only have a glass beside my bed at night.

I've an appointment over lunch so I'll have an early dinner today- Chicken breast and Chorizo with couscous and salad. I'll only have a little chorizo as it's obviously highly calorific.

Have a good day everyone smile

Seer Tue 20-Aug-19 08:26:23

Morning!

Up earlier than I like to go for my pedi (so could be worse!)

I have some work stuff to do and need to finish packing and organise the animals so will be a busy day.

Plans:

B: fasting
L: lentil and veg soup
D: Chinese takeaway

Aiming for 1k cals though seem to be failing dismally at that recently!

I'm only 2oz away from seeing my 'original goal weight' on the scales - such a tease! I weighed myself a bazillion times this morning hoping I'd get one with the magic number!

No matter, I feel more bikini-ready than I have in years!

What are you up to @TantricTwist and @DottieLottie1 ?

Seer Mon 19-Aug-19 22:56:11

On Wed @TantricTwist, I'm such a homebody that I don't really look forward to holidays though I love it when I get there!

That's brilliant progress @LuluJakey1 !

Seer Mon 19-Aug-19 22:54:08

I loathe packing so I'm doing it gradually! Half done and will finish tomorrow.

Pedi in the morning and then I'll feel much more holiday-ready!

I'm going to miss you two, my kettlebells and the scales 😀

LuluJakey1 Mon 19-Aug-19 22:03:16

I have lost 22lbs in almost 5 weeks since giving birth. I am not breastfeeding and have stuck to 1500 calories a day- low carb. It hasn't been difficult- lots of fruit, salad, vegetables,nuts, homemade soup, eggs, cheese and quorn. I haven't been very active because I have taken much longer to get over the birth - final baby, now have 3 under 5 and have just turned 40. DH is off work for 6 weeks (Headteacher) so he has been great doing lots of stuff. Lots of that 22lbs will have been fluid at the start. Am starting too feel much better now and am more active. Still have 15lbs to go.

TantricTwist Mon 19-Aug-19 21:47:48

@Seer have a great holiday when are you going?

@DottieLottie1 maybe cut out all pasta / carbs for a few days and see how that goes sticking to just meat and veg maybe?

I got home and went straight to bed with a large glass of wine and a bowl of alpen.

All I've eaten today is chicken salad, bowl of alpen, wine and a couple of drumstick lollies and two 10p size chocolates someone brought in.

I'm working tomorrow, up at 6.10am and haven't prepared any food so will grab some cooked chicken thighs from the fridge on my way out.

DottieLottie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 19:00:01

Kitchen now closed 909 calories. Fairly busy tomorrow with appointments and errands.

Are you packed yet @Seer ?

DottieLottie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 14:58:26

@TantricTwist there will be other dresses wink

DottieLottie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 14:57:53

Thanks @TantricTwist , I'm being a bit pathetic and I know it! Just disappointing when I've religiously stuck to plan. I'm used to eating LC so whilst I'm not hungry it's frustrating knowing at an average daily consumption of 1100 cal (which is really low) I haven't lost!

Let's see what happens next week.

Enjoy your day smile

TantricTwist Mon 19-Aug-19 12:38:17

At work - reluctantly returned dress on the way

Big hugs @DottieLottie1 you'll probably lose more next week

@Seer I should do an allergy test yes

DottieLottie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 09:40:18

Hanks for the virtual hug @Seer , I know I'm being silly and your probably right!

Yes, that's the one. Love it but I've just looked at webpage and it's closed on a Monday! No others close by have strawberries or raspberries to pick. So that's scrapped.

I bet your really getting into the holiday mood now smile

Seer Mon 19-Aug-19 09:32:14

I wonder if you're going to the fruit farm I went to last week btw @DottieLottie1 ? Does it begin with a C? ☺️

Seer Mon 19-Aug-19 09:29:39

And my plans for today... I've got a work call this morning, dh is off on 2 weeks hols now so I'm not sure if we'll all do something together this afternoon or if he's planning to set off with the DCs early.

B: fasting (had a bit of a late night mini-binge to celebrate the start of the hols so it will be 16 hours max!)
L: will make a low cal veg soup
D: puff pastry pizza, new potato, salad

Will stick to 1k cal max today!

I kept sabotaging myself with little extras like wine last week (average cals highest it's been at 1400 cals daily!) and I'm determined to make the most of these last two days before we set off on holiday.

Hope you all have a lovely day ☺️

Seer Mon 19-Aug-19 09:19:48

Oh that's a horrid feeling @DottieLottie1 Sending you a big hug. 🤗

I wonder if you might have lost some but just happen to have fluctuated high today.

My weight fluctuates up and down by 3lb from day to day which is why I weigh daily and record my best weight each week, that way I see a steady loss of 1lb per week even when it's not so clear on MFP.

Eg Wednesday I was 162.6, Saturday I was 164.6lb and today I'm down to 162.4lb. If I only weighed on Sat then it would have looked like I'd put on a couple of ounces from the week before!

I didn't have a great week calorie-wise last week so I might not lose more but normally I would expect to see my weight drop to a new low of 161lb at least one day this week, even though I know it will go up to 164lb on some days!

My graph is my daily weights over a month - can you see how much I fluctuate?

You might not fluctuate as much as I do but I wonder if you might be affected more by that now as you're getting closer to your goal.

Would you consider doing an allergy test @TantricTwist? I was a bit hmm about them but it turned out to be worth its weight in gold as I don't know if I'd ever have worked out my allergen otherwise (it's not a common one but was something I ate several times a week!)

As soon as I cut the culprit out of my diet my awful bloating stopped like magic.

I used Cambridge Nutritional Sciences - you send a blood test via email.

DottieLottie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 09:10:39

I just worked out my weekly calories and fr that my average was 1100 cals per day. How have I not lost anything? I'm being honest with myself and weighing/calculating accurately.

I know I'm probably being a bit hard on myself and don't want to sound obsessive. I'm still kicking myself that I let myself go, so I'm determined to get back within range of what I was.

As I'm away next week I won't be able to weigh myself on a Monday. I might weigh in on Friday instead.

DottieLottie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 08:22:54

Morning all,

Disappointing start to the day, I've not lost anything this week sad My scales were fluctuating between 11.04 and 11.03 but settled on 11.03 each time. So if anything I might have put on a bit! This is despite eating no more than 1050 cals a day with the exception of 2 days (one 1200 and the other 1500). confused

This is the first week I've not had a loss so I have a sinking feeling. It's going to take much longer to get to my goal weight.

I should take my own advice that it's a journey and not a sprint but...blush

New day, new week. I'm going to a fruit farm today so I can't pick up some rather lovely freshly picked strawbs/raspberries/blueberries. Dinner is pesto pasta.

Away next week, UK so will get a lot of mileage in as taking the dog too.

Hope you have woken I'm a better mood than I'm in smile

TantricTwist Sun 18-Aug-19 13:47:37

Waist is now back to its original measurement despite having eaten a steak an hour ago.

Yesterday I ate and drank as follows.

B - yoghurt and maple syrup
L - prawns, cabbage, coffee
D - 4 egg omlette, cottage cheese, Granini Peach juice.

Snack 2 x cadburys pot of joy.

A bit of water but not as much as usual. All very strange. Must be some kind of water retention or dairy related maybe? I'll keep an eye on it and measure daily although the times are going to fluctuate.
Maybe I'll measure late evenings.

Seer Sun 18-Aug-19 13:34:14

That sounds like a lot @TantricTwist

Mine used to do that when I ate something I was allergic too but doesn't now

DottieLottie1 Sun 18-Aug-19 12:32:52

That's strange @TantricTwist does your tummy tend to bloat? Most likely water retention

TantricTwist Sun 18-Aug-19 12:26:09

Afternoon @Seer (I bloddy love Wagamama's) and @DottieLottie1 (I need to not shop either at all, ever, by the looks of it)

FFS my waist increased by 5 inches first thing this morning?!?! and after visiting the bathroom shrunk by 2. Bearing in mind I've stayed under 1000K the last couple of days.

So I measured it the other day. It went down by 2 inches a couple of days later. It's gone up 5 inches from that and then 2 inches down from there hmm. So it's up 2 inches from my original measurement. What's going on confused. Why can't it just magically go down 10 inches instead grin

B - Fast - just iced tea
L - a small steak and an ice lolly
D - omlette maybe not sure yet

Looks like I'll have to return my dress at this rate >>pouts<<

DottieLottie1 Sun 18-Aug-19 11:21:56

Morning allsmile

Woken up to rain, great. We are going away next weekend for a few days UK based. Weather looking better.

I've got to get a few bits for that but no full on clothes shopping trip, refuse to buy anything until I reach target. I will probably venture into local town centre. Dog needs a walk or too so I might join DH on those.

B- Vanilla and almond milk shake

L- fruit salad

D- beef fajitas and salad

Have a good day

Seer Sun 18-Aug-19 10:01:17

Morning!

Shopping trip to Cambridge today to buy holiday things ☺️

Have decided to fast this morning which is rare for a Sunday but I could manage it as dh didn't fancy a big breakfast together and works well as we'll be having a big lunch.

B: fasting (for 17 hours)
L: Wagamamas! 🙌 Not sure yet what I'll have but probably some kind of ramen and the dumplings. Bloody love Wagamamas! I'm not going to restrain myself as I want to enjoy eating whatever I want!
D: a small snack if I need one

Aiming for 1200 cals max.

What are your plans @TantricTwist and @DottieLottie1?

This thread is not accepting new messages.