Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear on your feet?!

(10 Posts)
Coffeeandafag Fri 17-Feb-17 20:27:57

I have always worn jodhpur boots and half chaps, except for a spell when I wore chunky walking boots as a teen. My budget is meagre but I'd like to know what middle aged women wear nowadays! I only hack and don't see many other riders so am probably really out of touch! I feel jodhpurs boots are a bit young for me...

mrslaughan Fri 17-Feb-17 21:16:11

I wear short boots with half chaps.

mrslaughan Fri 17-Feb-17 21:17:30

I should add I have long boots , but prefer the short boots and half chaps

Anotherminime Fri 17-Feb-17 21:18:37

Ariat bromonts - I absolutely love them, especially the thermal ones that keep your feet toasty in the winter. They're not cheap though, although you can often get them half price online.

Whatslovegottodo Fri 17-Feb-17 21:20:09

In winter I live in my Ariat yard boots(the cheaper style but still around £150) worth every penny - riding, walking, yard jobs - good for everything.
In summer jod boots and sometimes chaps. Unless am competing when it's long black boots.

MasterOfMuppets Sat 18-Feb-17 08:22:31

Short boots and half chaps too. I can never get long boots to fit my calves.

ExitPursuedBySpartacus Sat 18-Feb-17 08:24:06

Ariat boots and half chaps.

Gabilan Sat 18-Feb-17 18:41:27

Boots and half chaps, except when I'm competing. Actually for competing I might switch to jod boots and gaiters.

Currently I'm wearing woofwear short boots and they've been great for the winter. They're not cheap but I got them on special offer and they've been worth it. First winter in ages I've avoided chilblains and I just wash mud off and stick my half chaps on.

Garnethair Sat 18-Feb-17 19:57:00

Ariats

SnugglyBedSocks Sat 25-Feb-17 04:16:31

To ride I wear short boots and half chaps.

To work in the yard I wear my yard boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now