Talk

Advanced search

Thecatneuterer...

(62 Posts)

I just love that pic on the latest 'MN hates cats' thread with all yours in the kitchen grin

Honestly the 'omg the germs the germs' bloody hysteria on MN is hilarious sometimes!

47 years old here and haven't died from pussy foot germs either, or cat fur in my sandwiches yet. smile

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 03-Aug-15 22:27:37

I love that picture! I prefer my cat to most humans so I'd much rather eat with him!

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Mon 03-Aug-15 22:31:33

I always wipe services before I cook. I can't tell if a fly or any other insects have landed on my kitchen tops.

I thought this was basic food hygiene

cozietoesie Mon 03-Aug-15 22:38:45

That picture makes me twitch - and I've told TCN that on this board. grin (No kitchen surfaces is a house rule here.) People can get worked up about it though. I'm sure that I would get just as many 'germs' from my cats sleeping in bed with me which they've done since I was a kid. smile

thecatneuterer Mon 03-Aug-15 22:58:05

Ha ha. Did someone call? Here it is again. I never get tired of posting it (and making Cozie twitchsmile )

And even though I've had cats liberally coating all the surfaces in my house for many years, I've never had any sort of stomach bug/upset or anything else that could possibly be blamed on 'cat germs' in all that time.

nooka Mon 03-Aug-15 23:40:58

Our family cats aren't allowed on surfaces, partly so I don't have to clear everything up that quickly. Of course they do get up there every now and then, being cats and not easily controlled. Our current pair don't like human food so no real incentive other than height for them.

Love the blue kitchen TCN smile

Pipbin Mon 03-Aug-15 23:46:43

My mother was a crazy cat lady. At most we had 12 cats. I don't recall ever being off school with any kind of stomach upset. And this was in the 70s before everything in sight was sprayed with anti bacterial stuff.

Pipbin Mon 03-Aug-15 23:47:53

I'm going to get TCN this mug.

thecatneuterer Mon 03-Aug-15 23:53:56

Thanks Pipbin. That will be the perfect cup for my tea to accompany a piece of this cake.

Queenbean Mon 03-Aug-15 23:55:25

TAAT?? What's the point - why not just post on the original one?

thecatneuterer Mon 03-Aug-15 23:56:26

Probably because the Litter Tray is a relatively 'safe' haven from the cat-haters.

Pipbin Tue 04-Aug-15 00:13:28

And I know that 12 cats sounds a lot but this was a big country house and many of the cats were proper farm cats. There were only about 6 indoors at any one time.

Queenbean... because I'm not interested in the anti cat debates... I just like the photo! It's a thread about a fab photo !

thecatneuterer Tue 04-Aug-15 00:50:35

12 cats is nothing Pipbin. I've counted 16 in this photo (can you find them all? smile ) and that's only around three quarters of my feline household.

nooka Tue 04-Aug-15 04:07:43

We're only allowed two here (city bylaw). Which is a pity as dd and I would like to add a bagpuss to our two independent types. And our local shelter usually has tons (when we adopted out two they had almost 300 needing homes!)

RubbishMantra Tue 04-Aug-15 04:51:11

I used to get the shits all the time as a child. I have a couple now (cats, not shits) Rarely have a loosey goosey bum.

BeautifulBatman Tue 04-Aug-15 05:59:50

I used to have 11 cats - a mix of pets, waifs and strays. I did a lot of tnr work (not in the official capacity thecatneuterer does as that's illegal here - any charity work without a license is and they won't permit a license confusedangry). I now have 5 cats. 3 are on the bed with me having morning snoozes/cuddles and two are downstairs. One is probably asleep on the dining table and the other will probably be in the saucepan cupboard - I don't know what he does in there, that cupboard is like narnia for cats grin.

springbabydays Tue 04-Aug-15 06:01:31

Aww your cats are gorgeous! And your kitchen is very cool grin

BeautifulBatman Tue 04-Aug-15 06:01:41

Photo of said snoozees. I luffs them grin

Corygal Tue 04-Aug-15 13:43:28

TCN, I love your pix so much I want a collection of them framed in gilt. Everyone else thinks they're photoshopped trickery - we know better. The sheer bliss of kitties.

When I was a child (ok, now) my life ambition was to raise a herd of roaming cuddlers who would live in my large house and spend the day trotting about furring up to visitors. TCN, you live my dream. grin

cozietoesie Tue 04-Aug-15 13:46:53

Nope - however hard I try, I can only get to 12 in that picture! grin

BettyCatKitten Tue 04-Aug-15 13:47:10

Another TCN fan here grin. A real feline superstarstar

thecatneuterer Tue 04-Aug-15 17:02:55

OMG there are countries that limit the number of cats people can own and where charity work is illegal! I can't tell you how much the thought of that upsets me. As if cat welfare isn't enough of a problem without states interfering to make things worse.

Corygal it's my life ambition to have only three cats. I dream of how easy my life would be then. You wouldn't believe the cleaning I have to do just to keep the place looking a bit untidy and grubby. If I actually had high standards I'd never do anything else.

Cozie if you could make the photo bigger it would be easier to see them all. But I promise there are 16 there ...

Incidentally fellow Litter Tray regulars you may see me on TV soon if you are in the BBC London region. I'm going out with a BBC Inside Out film crew tomorrow - they're doing a report on Celia's and want to film some rescue work. However I don't think I'm exactly a natural in front of the camera so my bits could very easily end up on the cutting room floor grin

LavenderRain Tue 04-Aug-15 17:11:47

catneuterer please can I have a little hijack and ask you a question?
I have a thread already but I'm still worried. Got a new kitten yesterday (aged 9 weeks) and have kept her in the spare room with lots of toys, food, litter tray. I have been sat in there a lot, playing, cuddling etc.
Also have old boy (10years) who knows something's up, he can hear kitten mewing and is gingerly walking round the house,
How long till I let them meet? I would hate to upset old boy. What if they fight? confused

thecatneuterer Tue 04-Aug-15 17:16:56

Lavender I don't think there is a definitive answer to that question. It all depends on the personality of the kitten and of the older cat. I think as long as the kitten feels the spare room is her refuge, and you enable her to get back in there without being pursued by the other cat, you could probably risk it very soon.

I would give her around another four or five days to get the feel that it is her room and then give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now