Talk

Advanced search

Robin Hood

(74 Posts)
Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 20:23:22

I know I am a sentimental thing but I just cried and cried at the ending today when Marion came back to claim Robin.

Ds2 and I had been watching the episode, laughing at the total ludicrousy of the plot. The last series has been so stupid, I have not really been bothering with it.

Then that Marion music came on, Much's eyes filled with tears, and on walked Marion and I couldn't hold back the tears. Ds3 (6) asked me why I had big tears rolling down my face. blush

What a sloppy thing I am. blush

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:26:07

I was glad that we wouldn't have to endure any more of that sulky Corrie girl moping about after Robin.

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 20:27:42

Oh yes wasn't she repulsive? Nice to see that Robin did not give her a special goodbye at the end, and that his heart was still with Marion (who, I know a lot of people sneered at, but I rather liked).

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:29:00

Hee hee I thought so to!

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 20:31:39

DS2 asked if there was to be another series. Surely not without Robin? (not that Marion's demise stopped them last time).

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:33:01

I reckon there will. That's why they've drafted in Archer. (hubba hubba!)

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 20:34:51

Oh dear, look what I found on the web:
"Jonas Armstrong - who plays outlaw Robin - is leaving the show after three years, leading to speculation his character may be killed off and he will be replaced by a new actor."

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:35:51

Aha!

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:36:26

Shame about poor Guy.

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 20:36:28

LOL at Hubba hubba Archer. I have missed the last 2 episodes, so haven't really had a chance to get to know him. He seemed a bit sulky, reminded me of Christian Slater in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 20:37:42

Yeah well Guy was an obvious goner imo. Though maybe not if everyone else is suddenly capable of resurrection. I should think Richard Armitage has had better offers by now. (hopeful)

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:38:45

Not as sulky as Corrie girl. Let's hope she meets a grisly end in the next series.

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:39:27

He looked very nice in his Guy cossie!

bronze Sat 27-Jun-09 20:53:48

I'm sure I could get used to Archer wink

I did cry though the Marion bit was a bit too soppy cheesy for me, it was Much that did it for me.

Why do they keep doing this to me

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 27-Jun-09 21:08:01

Yeah poor Much. he doesn't deserve everything he has had to put up with.

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 21:40:21

He's a bit wet though.

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Sat 27-Jun-09 22:18:43

But Much looks so much better when he takes off that daft hat!

I guessed about 3 episodes ago that Robin was a gonner - the one where Archer turned up (wayyyyy hotter than Robin imho). Gisborne I figured was a gonner as Richard Armitage is surely onto bigger and better things by now. Like DBG, I hope so. wink
Glad to see the Sheriff back though. [grin[]

bargainhuntingbetty Sat 27-Jun-09 22:22:46

No, I shouldnt have come on this thread. I have sky+ robin hood to watch when my visitors go home, now I dont have to watch it. WHIW I think Robin is soooooooo sexy its just not even funny. Archer doesnt do it for me

2shoes Sat 27-Jun-09 22:24:43

no more guy
no more GUY
omg I am so annoyed

bargainhuntingbetty Sat 27-Jun-09 22:25:25

Did Guy get killed then?

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 22:29:52

Yes. Poor Guy. Just when he became sensitive and nice. (ish)

2shoes Sat 27-Jun-09 22:31:11

i sooooo wanted him to find love with me a nice girl

Heated Sat 27-Jun-09 22:31:46

I have it recorded as was watching the tennis, so maybe shouldn't have clicked on the thread - oops.

Have already prepared ds, who's just old enough to watch, for Robin's departure though; can't have both of us sobbing!

bronze Sat 27-Jun-09 22:37:51

I was peed off as checked earlier and saw it wasn't on because of the tennis. Missed the first half because I hadn't realised it had been moved to 2.

Why couldnt they have just stuck the tennis on 2

2shoes Sat 27-Jun-09 22:39:00

Heated you will still enjoy it, i knew who would die(men) but still enjoyed it(ok not guy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now