Talk

Advanced search

Green dress challenge

(41 Posts)
monkeysmama Mon 09-Nov-09 09:08:28

My sister is celebrating her aforementioned 30th birthday in a few weeks and is having a big party.

I would like to buy a new dress for the event and would love to wear green but a trip round the shops 3 weeks ago wasn't very successful.

Anyone want to make some suggestions? I would consider navy but really want something green and lovely and stylish. Happy to do big shoulders, sequins, etc.

I am a 12, tall with long legs, 34F bfing boobies (though I won't need to bf in it) and a bit of a mummy tummy/muffin combo going on. Have long brown hair, green eyes and a bit of colour in my skin.

Thank you.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Mon 09-Nov-09 10:56:07

You sound gorgeous!

Green doesn't appear to be too popular this year. Taking your norkage into account, would you consider petrol blue from Bravissimo?:

Petrol blue strapless

They do have a green dress, but I don't think that it will be 'party'enough for you.

This very pretty green Monsoon dress is available (new) on Ebay in a few different sizes. Green was around a lot more last year, so it might be worth a trawl on here:

Monsoon Monica dress

tulpe Mon 09-Nov-09 11:01:27

How about this from YLB at Wallis? It looks quite yellow on the site but I saw a photo of YLB in a mag with same dress on and it looked far more green.

monkeysmama Mon 09-Nov-09 11:10:40

Thanks for suggestions. Like the Bravissimo one but am going to try & find green first. Didn't think of Ebay. Will have a look.

I think the other long are too long, though beautiful. I will be dancing & in a club so need something bit shorter I think.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Mon 09-Nov-09 13:46:30

I'll try again.

Serious va-va-voom!
Karen Millen satin

monkeysmama Mon 09-Nov-09 14:23:59

I do like it but think it is too clingy and not as green as I wanted (I was thinking a kind of jade - bottle green hmm) though it is much more along the lines I was thinking of....

Thank you for persevering!

monkeysmama Mon 09-Nov-09 14:25:18

Cool name btw Florence (Though the initials spell FatM!)

Rubyrubyruby Mon 09-Nov-09 14:35:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Mon 09-Nov-09 14:35:32

Okay, jadey or bottley green...

FatM x

Rubyrubyruby Mon 09-Nov-09 14:37:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OllieWollieWoo Mon 09-Nov-09 14:55:19

This isnt much help but there was a lovely one on the M&S site yesterday - and now its gone. It was. aqua green colour - not too bright, fitted, v neck, no sleeves made of that thick stretchy satin material (same as Karen Millen dresses) - had good reviews re style and fit and think it was only 45 pounds. No sign of it on there now tho - maybe worth a look in store or a ring to their Cutsomer Services dept?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Mon 09-Nov-09 15:43:19

I think that I have just bought that dress, Ollie! I am awaiting it's delivery with anticipation.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Mon 09-Nov-09 15:44:05

'Its'! Feeling ill always plays havoc with my use of apostrophes...

OllieWollieWoo Mon 09-Nov-09 18:14:44

Ooooh FatWM - lucky you! Hope you like it. Weird how its gone from the website tho! Thought it was lovely and looked far more expensive than it was!

I love the Coast one Ruby x 3 linked to too MM. Hope you find something.

cornsilkwearscorsets Mon 09-Nov-09 18:19:49

I have just won one from ebay which I don't really want as I bought a different one today. I was going to alter it around the bottom to make it all one length. I say I was, I mean I was going to pay a dressmaker to do it...

whereareyou Mon 09-Nov-09 18:34:16

Don't know if this e bay lk bennett one is similar to what you have in mind?

cornsilkwearscorsets Mon 09-Nov-09 18:38:56

No you want one like this. Really, you do.

herjazz Mon 09-Nov-09 18:48:42

plain
flouncy
tie die but nice
prom dress type, nice colour
batwing and slouchy

Ronaldinhio Mon 09-Nov-09 18:49:58

this although armholes maybe not ideal

herjazz Mon 09-Nov-09 18:50:44

pffppff tie die

herjazz Mon 09-Nov-09 18:53:58

you want sequins?

mollyroger Mon 09-Nov-09 19:00:13

Joe Browns have a beautiful one in their catalogue - it will be on line. Strapless and layered and i want it. But I have no occasions looming

mollyroger Mon 09-Nov-09 19:01:40

drool

tethersend Mon 09-Nov-09 19:03:57

Loved this then saw the price. shock

try this or this

or even this or this

Ronaldinhio Mon 09-Nov-09 19:04:48

love this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now