Talk

Advanced search

I fancy trying a new foundation, can anyone recommend one?

(15 Posts)
GirlsAreLoud Mon 27-Jul-09 14:18:25

Normally use Clinique Repariwear and get on just fine with it but I've used it for years and wondering if there's anything else out there I'd like.

I don't tend to suffer from spots but I like good coverage because my skin tone is quite uneven, can also be a bit dry. Repairwear is quite matt but I do like the more dewy looking foundations. Do they give as good coverage and can anyone recommend one?

I'm 30, if that helps.

Thanks.

OhBling Mon 27-Jul-09 14:21:55

I love my Mac one - good coverage but still fairly light. And I use one that's slightly moisterizing.

NewLeaseofLife Mon 27-Jul-09 14:33:23

Lancome, any of them are good but I use the adaptive one. Its not oily but not too grainy IYKWIM. I get very oily on my T zone but dry on my cheeks and it works wonders.

here

I'm 30 too and I find it helps even out any wrinkles hmm

GirlsAreLoud Mon 27-Jul-09 16:40:27

Great, thanks both.

AnnieOneForTennis Mon 27-Jul-09 16:41:57

Have you considered the mineral stuff?
I find it fab.
Bare Essentuals is the one I use, but more companies are doing it now.

GirlsAreLoud Mon 27-Jul-09 16:45:25

I have got it but can't find one pale enough for me unfortunately Annie. I do like the coverage though.

AnnieOneForTennis Mon 27-Jul-09 16:48:09

I use the Fairly Light one, it's the lightest, and I'm very pale. Shame, cos it's great. Perhaps one of the other brands?

GirlsAreLoud Mon 27-Jul-09 17:21:03

Thanks annie, have ordered a small pot on ebay and will give it a go!

8oreighty Mon 27-Jul-09 17:56:32

best ever is from screenface uk. www.screenface.com/NewProdDets.asp?Products_Action=Find(%27Productid%27,%27592%27)&Products_Position =FIL%3ASubCategory+%3D+%27Foundations%2FTinted+Moisturisers%27ORD%3AABS%3A12KEY%3A592PAR%3A

8oreighty Mon 27-Jul-09 17:58:03

duh sorry

here

talkingbook Mon 27-Jul-09 18:29:42

I don't normally use their products as I tend to think it is a bit older woman but the elizabeth arden foundation is very good.I'm very pale and the soft sunbeige is a good match which is a bit strange given the name.It covers spots and my not very good skin well without looking caked on with a little help from the secret camouflage concealer which is the best one IMO.

Spoo Mon 27-Jul-09 18:36:20

Another vote for MAC here. THey tend to do a good range of colours and match you really well, when you ask them to.

SuzeMcG Mon 27-Jul-09 19:03:20

Giorgio Armani foundation is brilliant.

PrincessButtercup Mon 27-Jul-09 19:13:12

Dior Forever was recommended to me by a makeup artist friend and is fantastic. It gives beautiful, smooth coverage. Worth a try next time you're passing a Dior counter. The Diorshow mascara is also brilliant.

mrsmerryweather Tue 28-Jul-09 07:30:06

Prescriptives is worth a look and they'll custom make the shade for you.
I am a fan of Clinique repair wear but I am 50s- though my skin is till good- but I'd have htought you could get away with something more dewy andlighter.
can you stretch to Chanteceille (sp)- supposed tobe great too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now