Talk

Advanced search

Find me a gorgeous maxi dress

(14 Posts)
Pinkjenny Tue 16-Jun-09 09:47:02

I neeeeed one for a christening I am going to, and am 11 weeks pg, so it needs to be relatively roomy, but not tent like. Has anyone seen anything lovely. Not worried about colour or anything like that, I am quite versatile wink

LetThemEatCake Tue 16-Jun-09 18:18:21

bump.

I am nearly 26 weeks pregnant and have decided to spend the next 14 weeks in maxis. following the success of the 2 American Vintage ones I bought.

so hit me with some options too please. Just for ordinary daywear, nowt special.

ta.

PhaseAte Tue 16-Jun-09 18:19:58

oh god no
i dont like them

FigmentOfYourImagination Tue 16-Jun-09 18:21:11

I like them but they look awful on me even though I am tallish and slimmish but I do have boobs so they tend to look matronly.

Shame

JackieNo Tue 16-Jun-09 18:21:19

Stripy
Swirly
Flowery

katz Tue 16-Jun-09 18:21:27

watching because i would like a couple - have started looking at sewing patterns with a view to making one as have failed to find one.

JackieNo Tue 16-Jun-09 18:23:52

Strapless?
Brush stroke print

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 16-Jun-09 18:30:48

The strapless one is pretty.

However, I would be worried that I would tread on the hem and reveal norkage in a rather dramatic fashion blush.

Any plain-ish ones out there rather than patterned? Am thinking the same style as the strapless except.....with straps

mumtoted Tue 16-Jun-09 18:30:59

There was a lovely one in Hobbs in a heavy weight jersey in dark blue (not as dark as navy). I tried it on in Westfield shopping centre. Wasn't gathered at all so wouldn't add bulk. Sleeveless, lovely keyhole detail on the back (but didn't show bra) Looked fab with wedges.

cthea Tue 16-Jun-09 18:39:56

A hippy one in Mango atm, not for a wedding, though.

Poppity Tue 16-Jun-09 18:50:33

drapey this is lovely

colourblock and this

beautiful green halterneck I want this onegrin

shopstyle is a good site with dresses from lots of different shops in one place so you can spend more compare.

<<tries to come up with legitimate reason to buy lots of nice dresses>>

Poppity Tue 16-Jun-09 18:58:36

ooo! bit of a scary price though

LetThemEatCake Wed 17-Jun-09 10:18:13

ta for the strapless suggestion jackieNo - Oli have 20% off today so have bought it - perfect!!

cheers

Clure Wed 17-Jun-09 20:03:43

this
this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now