Talk

Advanced search

Parlux hairdryers

(18 Posts)
pleasenonotagain Mon 20-Jul-20 15:28:35

Anyone got one? I see they do a "light" version and wondering whether to get one to save my arm when drying?!

OP’s posts: |
DoraemonDingDong Mon 20-Jul-20 15:30:59

Yes, I bought one several years ago, maybe 5? And it's still going strong. Mine isn't a light version, but because it's so good, I don't need to be holding it for long, it doesn't make my arms ache smile

I think I paid around £60 or £70 for mine, seemed like a lot to spend at the time, but it's been well worth it.

Reese123 Mon 20-Jul-20 15:36:59

I brought mine at least 10 years ago - still going strong

Asterope Mon 20-Jul-20 15:38:54

I love mine

sallyreed Mon 20-Jul-20 16:40:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Mon 20-Jul-20 21:38:36

Me. Mine is the compact version, and it’s fab. It’s three years old now and I think it was about £70. (My hairdresser actually recommended it although they don’t sell them, so there was nothing in it for her.)

itwilldropoff Mon 20-Jul-20 21:41:18

I’ve had one for 4 years and it’s great, mumsnet made me do itgrin
My hair is really thick and wavy and it makes it smooth and glossy in half the time any other drier I’d had did.

Fancyateapottea Mon 20-Jul-20 21:48:33

I have the parlux alyon and I love it. I don’t find it particularly heavy as it doesn’t take long to dry my hair and I love that the cold setting is actually cold. It seems to blow my hair around less than my old hair dryer so I get less frizz.
But don’t expect miracles, I still struggle to blowdry it and get anything like professional results. It is so pretty though!

BinkyBoinky Mon 20-Jul-20 21:54:35

Is Parlux better than Dyson?

Bananaman123 Mon 20-Jul-20 21:58:49

Mumsnet also made me buy one years ago and have the purple one linked above, i stuggle with weighted items due to back and neck issues but this is so quick at drying it doesnt bother me, i have hair halfway down my back. Its amazing, i do use a vented hairbrush though as its mega hot

TeaChocKitKat Mon 20-Jul-20 22:37:19

I've had mine for 5 years. I use it every day and its still going strong (mine is a lovely cherry red colour too- I love it).

HelpMeTree Tue 21-Jul-20 00:30:04

Can anyone describe what is so good about these dryers? Is it just speed, or something else too?

Scattyhattie Tue 21-Jul-20 02:41:35

I've also got the parlux alyon thanks to MN. My previous dryer was very old babyliss so I wanted another with salon AC motor that should last and has decent length cable. It is much lighter & quieter, plus it looks pretty out on dresser. It dries my mass of hair quickly and doesn't take as much effort to look nice (prone to frizz).

My hairdresser uses a dyson & finds it easier to handle being light with shorter barrel length to most salon dryers . It dried quick and smooth but hard to compare with my parlux given the advantage of professional technique . I couldn't really justify spending that much.

SpeckledyHen Tue 21-Jul-20 06:21:59

I have had the 385 Power Light for years ( 7+ ? ) and use it every day on my thick wavy mop and love it . Will replace with the same eventually...
Mine is my favourite colour orange .

Beatricemom89 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:31:43

I have my Parlux for about 4 years and it's great. I don't use it every day, I think once a week. It dries my 25inchs hair for about 5 minutes, and I think it's really quickly. Sometimes I dry my clothes or shoes with it when I'm late and it works well with this aim.

LoafingLiz Tue 21-Jul-20 10:07:12

SpeckledyHen

I have had the 385 Power Light for years ( 7+ ? ) and use it every day on my thick wavy mop and love it . Will replace with the same eventually...
Mine is my favourite colour orange .

I've just ordered the 385 in purple, can't wait to try it smile

Bioprepper Tue 21-Jul-20 11:34:31

When i was a hairdresser we used parlux in the salon. They are super quick at drying, the cord is really long and they are lightweight. I was waiting for my old babyliss dryer to break so i could buy one.

When the babyliss did break (after having it for 10 years) i told my DP id have to go purchase a new one. Whilst i was at work he went out and bought me a GHD one so still didnt get the parlux. The ghd is still going strong 5 years on but a parlux is still on my next to buy when it breaks.

il0vew1ne Tue 21-Jul-20 12:50:13

Love mine had it for 6 years. Hubby bought me a Dyson for Christmas cause he said it was getting old.
Did not compare at all, so sold it to my daughter in law.
I love my Parlux

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in