Talk

Advanced search

Are these Mum boots or just wrong boots or could they be ok boots?

(53 Posts)
zippyswife Wed 13-Dec-17 14:16:31

https://www.clarks.co.uk/c/Orinoco-Club/p/20340918

I was looking for Chelsea Boots but they were making my feet look so long. These are a bit higher.

They are to wear with skinnies mainly and biker jacket/grey wool boyfriend coat. My style is pretty minimal.

They are from Clark’s I’m doubting my purchase...

DrizzleHair Wed 13-Dec-17 14:18:24

Mum boots IMO but / and very nice indeed. I want them. Might even buy them. And I have pretty decent taste in shoes I think.
Are they comfy?

EnidButton Wed 13-Dec-17 14:18:44

I think they're good. Too chunky to be a MN mum boot. They'll look nice with the outfit you describe.

EnidButton Wed 13-Dec-17 14:21:06

Although I'm not keen on elasticsted panels but that's just my personal taste.

Tantpoke Wed 13-Dec-17 14:22:36

I have these in the lace ups, love them, I dont think they're mum boots as like enid says they're too chunky. They are my go to daytime winter boot perfect height for tucking jeans into.

zippyswife Wed 13-Dec-17 14:23:35

drizzle they’re 30% cheaper in Debenhams £45. That’s what clinched it today. They seem pretty comfy.

I have a fear of Mum boots so needed to ask.

Also- with that height I tuck the jeans in right? If I’m rolling them up they’d near be shortsconfused.

Tantpoke Wed 13-Dec-17 14:25:18

Yes tuck your skinny jeans in, its winter, will look ridiculous otherwise.

zippyswife Wed 13-Dec-17 14:26:23

Ah Enid.... elasticsted panels.... yeah hmmm... I know what you mean..

Margomyhero Wed 13-Dec-17 14:28:58

I like them.

Almost bought a pair a few weeks ago but the store didn't have the size in stock.

I wouldn't call them mum boots though - they are a bit too 'stompy' for that grin

ihatethecold Wed 13-Dec-17 14:30:52

They are not Mum boots. I like them.

MeghanwithanH Wed 13-Dec-17 14:33:48

There's no such thing as mum boots. That was crap from the user formerly known as cod.

keeponkeepinon Wed 13-Dec-17 14:37:19

Definitely not mum boots. Ive had some of these in brown, hardy and comfy. Timeless too. As they are so high and narrow I pull my jeans down over them. Good choice!

Redken24 Wed 13-Dec-17 14:42:52

Haha I have these, they are super comfy and go with most clothes. Not sure what mum boots are but I wouldn't class these as that

zippyswife Wed 13-Dec-17 15:12:09

I’m really easily lead- hence asking for approval. Looks like I’m keeping them wink

BusterGonad Wed 13-Dec-17 17:03:40

I love the term mum boot! 😂

RosaDeZoett Wed 13-Dec-17 17:08:15

Dare I ask, what are Mum boots? Please post photos to illustrate.... (I suspect I own some.... Practical? Comfy? Waterproof? Slightly agricultural?) (actually those words describe most of my clothes, not just my boots 😂)

Parmesanity Wed 13-Dec-17 17:34:48

LOVE these...especially in burgundy or navy. Definitely not frumpy. Am sorely tempted...do you think they'll be reduced again after Christmas?

I love Clarks for their reliable sizes, comfort and quality...am clearly verrrrry old, but having sore/cold feet is not on my daily to-do list smile

WipsGlitter Wed 13-Dec-17 17:40:15

In my opinion this is a Mum boot. Hilariously called "matron". Generally worn with jeans, fleece and large handbag.

OP those are lovely.

nigelschristmasham Wed 13-Dec-17 17:44:56

I like 'em.
What's more is that I am currently wearing a very battered pair of Clark's tan Chelsea boots, 4 years old and. The best boots I've ever owned. I love them. Don't let where they are from out you off.

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Wed 13-Dec-17 17:46:17

What's the obsession with whether something is a "mum boot"? If you like them, get them. I think they are fine.

BusterGonad Wed 13-Dec-17 18:06:24

Mum boots generally look like you are wearing pigs trotters!

MikeUniformMike Wed 13-Dec-17 18:10:44

Those Matron ones are def. mum boots.
I think I have mum handbag.

BWatchWatcher Wed 13-Dec-17 18:12:11

They are cheaper on Amazon.

allthegoodusernameshavegone Wed 13-Dec-17 18:13:49

What is a Mum boot? And why does anyone care what anyone else thinks of them?

SukiTheDog Wed 13-Dec-17 18:28:04

I’ve had these. They split along the side within weeks. Took them back to exchange. Same thing happened. I wasn’t impressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now