Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dr Martens - anything a bit cheaper?

(31 Posts)
GiraffeFluff Tue 17-Oct-17 22:29:51

DD12 has been desperate for some Dr Martens boots for months. I said 'wait until autumn.'
I've just been looking at them and the prices are shockshock
They were all the rage when I was at school and I had some fake ones...
Is there anything similar about but without the extortionate price tag?

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 17-Oct-17 22:38:30

Are you anywhere near Northamptonshire or can you make a trip? The Dr. Martens factory shop is in Wollaston and there will be boots at lower than retail prices.

karalime Tue 17-Oct-17 22:43:06

Try eBay

I got mine brand new from a business seller for £70.

I've had fake ones but they were plasticky crap.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Tue 17-Oct-17 22:44:40

www.legendfootwear.co.uk/brands/dr-martens-boots.html

This site often has DM bargains. I've ordered from there myself.

LoveVintage Tue 17-Oct-17 22:44:53

Try TK Maxx, they've had some recently, though not a big choice.

BagelGoesWalking Tue 17-Oct-17 22:45:05

Look on eBay! Got 2 pairs for my DD a while ago. The beauty of it is that they are already worn in so she can skip the pain involved!

I said that I wasn’t prepared to pay full price because I didn’t know if she’d even like/wear them enough to justify the price - and I don’t think she would have done had she had to wear them in herself. She’s still got 1 pair, worn infrequently, the others were passed on to her cousin.

BagelGoesWalking Tue 17-Oct-17 22:45:56

Also, there may be Black Friday deals if DM participate in that kind of thing .

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Tue 17-Oct-17 22:46:17

Like these smile

www.legendfootwear.co.uk/brands/dr-martens-boots/drmartens-pascal-8-eyelet-virginia-black-womens-boots.html?id=746

EverybodyKeepCool Wed 18-Oct-17 09:28:17

DM outlets in York and Portsmouth which are pretty good depending on what style she wants. M&M Direct have a small selection at heavily reduced prices but again it depends on style and size. DM online often had a sale section too. We got my daughter's school shoes from a local DM shop and the sales assistant was super lovely and even gave her the student discount to reduce the price pain a wee bit!

goodnightfeast Wed 18-Oct-17 09:47:43

Clarks sale £50.

GiraffeFluff Wed 18-Oct-17 12:32:56

Thanks all!! I'll get onto it and look at all the suggestions.
A visit to the outlet is not possible as I'm not in uk...

hoyhoy44 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:35:43

how small are her feet ? if she has small feet would she still fit in the childrens range which might be a bit cheaper ?

domesticslattern Wed 18-Oct-17 19:24:01

Children's range don't have VAT so are a bit cheaper. Also some of the non-classic colours will go in the sale. Or if you know a student you can get a discount eg if you buy through Office.
They do last forever so worth it when their feet have stopped growing!

TheGirlOnTheLanding Wed 18-Oct-17 19:36:12

In my student days, when I couldn't afford DMs I bought monkey boots - similar vibe but considerably cheaper https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Grafters-Womens-Leather-Monkey/dp/B009LNZ83G

trainedopossum Wed 18-Oct-17 19:38:56

Yy, monkey boots! I find them more comfy than DMs, which have always pinched terribly on the heel. I was determined to have a pair when I was about 20 and ended up with such awful blisters that my socks stuck fast to my heels.

OpheIiaBaIIs Wed 18-Oct-17 19:45:09

I bought some DM Chelsea/riding boots a few weeks ago from Cloggs. They were reduced already and I had a 20% code so they only cost me £38! Might be worth a look? They usually have a few styles in and there are usually Google-able discount codes, too.

Mammatron Wed 18-Oct-17 20:46:12

You can add an alert to 'camel camel camel' for price drops on Amazon. I got mine for £68 when the rrp is £120 (I was waited ages for them to reduce though!)

Bratsandtwats Wed 18-Oct-17 21:19:09

Are you anywhere near Northamptonshire or can you make a trip? The Dr. Martens factory shop is in Wollaston and there will be boots at lower than retail prices.

OMG! We're in that neck of the woods next week!

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 18-Oct-17 21:42:37

In that case @Bratsandtwats you might also want to fit in a trip to the bra factory shop too.

GiraffeFluff Thu 19-Oct-17 06:46:51

More good ideas, thank you!
Sadly she's not in kids' sizes anymore - she's about a size 6 now...gets difficult when she's in adult sizes but they're too wide...

pinkhorse Thu 19-Oct-17 06:58:10

I bought my ds some doc marten boots for school and the zips broke within the first half term. I wouldn’t get any again.

Bratsandtwats Thu 19-Oct-17 12:49:24

Thank you Woolly.

LilyLoLo Thu 19-Oct-17 16:38:14

EBay is worth a look. Try some on if possible though. The 1460s come in unisex sizes and they're not the same as ladies sizes imo.

WhataHexIgotinto Thu 19-Oct-17 17:11:52

m2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0521208002.html

DD loves these - said I'll get her a proper paid when her feet stop growing!

LoveVintage Thu 19-Oct-17 17:47:45

Ooh I used to live in monkey boots early 80's - bought from an army and navy store, they were really cheap.

Haven't thought about them for ages - feel all nostalgic now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now