Talk

Advanced search

why am i finding it so hard 😢

(27 Posts)
mrsgiggle Sat 11-Mar-17 14:57:18

Im going out in 2 weeks with work friends, who always look lovely. All i want is a nice looking top, ideally not very short sleeves, but i cant find anything that takes my fancy, it seems to be all rufflesand frills.
or is it im being too fussy, i just try things on and i think i look a mess!
ive lost 1/2 stone so you think i would be happy with trying clothes on! This is me, can you help style me to my shape?

Lauraw1989 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:03:32

You don't look like a mess! You have a lovely figure smile stop being so hard on yourself flowers

mrsgiggle Sat 11-Mar-17 15:28:45

Thanks i think its because ive not been out for such a long time. Just finding it hard what to wear!

Believeitornot Sat 11-Mar-17 15:30:20

I would probably wear more structured clothes, that skim not cling.

What size are you? Hard to tell

ElspethFlashman Sat 11-Mar-17 15:33:51

You look fine, but that's not a going out top to me. I'd go for something floatier, like viscose.

RedMetamorphosis Sat 11-Mar-17 15:36:10

What style would you like? Tshirt style, blouse etc? Colours? Budget?

You look like you have great legs, so go for a silhouette which shows them off with a slightly oversized top. I'd go skinny trousers/coated leggings with a silk style shirt/pyjama blouse.

Something like this, this or even this if you fancy some colour.

If your budget is higher, & other stories have great silk shirts here

Bibs2014 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:40:28

I've got a similar shape. I would wear skinny jeans / trousers / leather jeggings and a longish top - like the ones a pp suggested.

Bibs2014 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:40:56

And heeled boots!

FinallyHere Sat 11-Mar-17 15:44:53

Possibly switch your colours round too. You would look great in pale trousers with a darker top.

As PP described, slim trousers and a floaty top, or a simple, dark strappy top and a jacket on top. For even more glam, a corset style top over your slim trousers. Enjoy, you have a great figure.

mrsgiggle Sat 11-Mar-17 15:48:37

Aah no this isnt my going out clothes. Just took picture so you could see my figure.
im a 8/10 on top and a 12 on the bottom ☺

mowgelijeffs Sat 11-Mar-17 15:51:38

I would say black skinny jeans; a nice top of your choice, ankle boots and a nice small handbag.
Wear your hair down with loose curls and wear a peachy lipstick if you are wearing dark clothes.
What colour is your hair? X

mrsgiggle Sat 11-Mar-17 15:51:45

Ive bought some skinny black jeans, and plenty of boots/shoe boots/shoes. Its just the top half im strugglung with.
i like blouses, but ive also got a nice silk vest top (black) so maybe a nice jacket with that?
I think i need a personal stylist 😂

FinallyHere Sat 11-Mar-17 15:54:59

Silk vest top and a jacket on top is a great look with skinnies and ankle boots, or strappy sandals if you don't have far to walk.

mrsgiggle Sat 11-Mar-17 15:57:48

Just finding a jacket i like! The vest top is black so i suppose i need something colourful

mowgelijeffs Sat 11-Mar-17 15:58:46

I always wear black, I try not to but I can't help it.
What sort of top are you going for? Has it got some sparkles on it or see through panels?
Leather jackets with a big scarf wrapped around your neck and under the collar would look good if the top is see through or sparkles.
Also a blazer would look good too if you have one? X

mowgelijeffs Sat 11-Mar-17 16:03:49

I wore this top with the jeans and black high heels sandals and a leather jacket. I can't find more recent photos sorry. But if it's like a formal top or a casual one with a leather jacket either look good.
I'm a big fan of see through bits. All saints make nice ones

RedMetamorphosis Sat 11-Mar-17 16:04:16

I've just bought this which is gorgeous on, and lifts an all-black outfit.

mowgelijeffs Sat 11-Mar-17 16:05:20

French connection and all saints have good leather jackets.
I just ordered a suede one from river island (it's suede look, not suede) in khaki green to wear with blue jeans

Pippin8 Sat 11-Mar-17 16:12:39

That blazer is lovely. I think the dark nude or dark beige would be nice with a black or cream top.

mrsgiggle Sat 11-Mar-17 16:18:46

Oh i like that blazer its lovely.
i do have a leather jacket but its black!
Mowjelijeffs, thanks for the ideas, ive looked and looked but just cant see any blouse that appeals.
Thats why ive thought maybe a nice jacket

ElspethFlashman Sat 11-Mar-17 16:43:37

Have you tried M&S? They tend to be good for silky sleeved things.

And always have a look at ASOS as they have so many brands. Vero Moda tends to be forgiving.

Though tbh your arms don't need sleeves!

mrsgiggle Sat 11-Mar-17 16:48:38

Thanks Elspeth i just hate my arms in the winter

WholeL0ttaRosie Sat 11-Mar-17 18:08:41

this top with a black blazer?

Blogwoman Sat 11-Mar-17 21:04:03

Saw this silk blouse this week - & this is a very fashionable colour at the moment www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0216-6614-3642L00&productvarid=0216-6614-3642L00-HENNA-RED-12&refpage=promotions/sale-tops

Specialagentblond Sat 11-Mar-17 21:28:56

I like a good cowl neck like this
http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/blossom-shimmer-linen-batwing/tops/mint-v/fcp-product/8615

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now