Talk

Advanced search

Please find me trousers like these so I won't need to buy more trousers ever again!

(55 Posts)
TimeForBedWhenever Sun 08-Jan-17 16:35:55

Will pay top end of my meagre budget so under £75. Really want them to be flattering but not too tight. Smart AND casual and fling in the machinable. Oh, and if they could turn my flabby 14/16 tummy into something less podgy, so much the better. Thanks you splendid people.

VintagePerfumista Sun 08-Jan-17 18:13:57

oh yes, I've got some Boden Richmonds as well. Summer version though.

taketwofortheteam Sun 08-Jan-17 18:20:01

Another vote for Boden Richmond. I have full length and 7/8 and they're flattering and comfy.

Bohemond Sun 08-Jan-17 18:20:43

mostinept for jeans try monsoon blue 73 indigo straight short. I've lived in mine for a year - rolled up in summer and down in winter. A bit of stretch, a bit slim but not too much of either. I've just bought two more pairs in the sale.

TimeForBedWhenever Sun 08-Jan-17 18:20:48

Trucking I am admiring AND envious - I have been into every high street shops and managed not to find a single pair. I truly am a shopping nightmare.

MostIneptThatEverStepped Sun 08-Jan-17 19:44:52

Thank you so much Bohemond

Floisme Sun 08-Jan-17 20:20:37

<60 year-old shopper warning> wink I found two pairs last year that worked well:
these Whistles ones fit and hang really nicely on me although I'd prefer more cotton and less polyester. They're over budget but Grazia normally do a 25% off offer in February. They say 'dry clean' but I machine wash on delicate and they've been fine.

I also found some in H&M that look just as good and have a higher cotton content. The link has long gone but they may do them again this year - you'd need to go in and rummage and try on lseveral sizes. They were around £25.

Trousers are funny. Boden ones make my thighs look enormous but they work for other people. There's really no alternative to trying on loads and loads.

Truckingalong Sun 08-Jan-17 23:02:48

I just lost a huge long list of links. Aaarrggghhhhhh!!! Anyway, I just don't get how you can't find any. They're everywhere.

orangina Sun 08-Jan-17 23:07:06

Finery do great trousers.... I have some others (no longer in stock), but this look pretty good too....

here

orangina Sun 08-Jan-17 23:08:23

And I second the Gap ones linked to above. They are great, (slightly closer fit than your original image or the Finery ones lined to above) BUT I find they don't wear well. So I wear them out much more quickly. Would rather buy slightly more expensive trousers that last longer....

MissBeehiving Sun 08-Jan-17 23:09:55

Those Cos ones are fantastic

orangina Sun 08-Jan-17 23:17:51

Also, the sloane fit from Banana Republic are good, both for work with a jacket on the top, or with trainers and whatever. If you are between sizes, definitely size up with these though....
here

WhingeFuckingWhinge Sun 08-Jan-17 23:19:53

Topshop have lots of lovely trousers just now

PetShopGirl Sun 08-Jan-17 23:27:12

Can I ask, what do you all wear on your feet at this time of year with these trousers? The 7/8 length works really well for me in spring/summer with a bare ankle, but surely it's too cold to do that at the moment? Or do you just suffer anyway?

Laquila Sun 08-Jan-17 23:48:42

I have those Gap bi-stretch ones and find them a small fit - I'm a 12 and the 14 are just right on me, maybe a tiny bit roomy.

PetShopGirl I've only just bought them but basically won't wear them til spring as have no idea what to wear them with other than trainers and bare ankles!! I just wear full-length jeans in winter, so I can wear boots or trainers.

Truckingalong Mon 09-Jan-17 08:14:13

I just suffer with bare feet and ankles!

VintagePerfumista Mon 09-Jan-17 09:09:49

I think you can probably wear ankle boots with Richmonds. I haven't, because I'm almost 6 ft tall and think would just look like my trousers aren't long enough!

I picked some Zara black trousers up in a factory shop last week that are very similar to Richmonds- will also save them for spring to wear with Conversey types.

Floisme Mon 09-Jan-17 09:10:22

I love my clothes but I won't suffer for them. I'm like Laquila and won't be baring my ankles till spring. I've seen people wearing their socks with pride but I've not had the nerve to do it myself yet.

TimeForBedWhenever Mon 09-Jan-17 13:21:28

Be still my beating heart - I found some! The COS ones were lovely but very small (let's just leave it at that!) on me and they didn't have a size 16 in store. Wandered round M&S but couldn't find the ones you suggested Vintage . Nipped into Zara and found these, reduced to £25.99. Probably not my forever ones but good, thick, ponte style.

VintagePerfumista Mon 09-Jan-17 13:43:19

Result!

I wonder if they are the same Zara ones I picked up in the local factory shop.. not a huge Zara fan, especially as Zara thinks I am two-ton-Tessie while everyone else accepts I am a curvy medium. <ahem> grin

TimeForBedWhenever Mon 09-Jan-17 13:51:01

They have a "double" waistband which I don't much love though it will never be on display and might help contain some of my flabby middle 😁. I am an xl in Zara, though in their jeans I am a size 14 confused.

Bejazzled Tue 10-Jan-17 18:19:24

vintage I bought those M&S thick ponte trousers you linked to but in the slim leg rather than slim boot cut. They are so good I've ordered more! Thank you!

KindDogsTail Tue 10-Jan-17 18:27:37

There are some very good, comfortable but smart trousers made by Robelle. They have a lot of stretch in them, but do not stretch out of shape.
sosimply.com/default/bella-f-l.html

I bought some by chance and have since worn them all the time till they wore out. I will definitely get more.

KindDogsTail Tue 10-Jan-17 18:29:44

I have been looking at the link I sent you. Mine were full length rather than 7/8 which they also have, and had a light fleece pile on the inside for the winter, though I wore them in summer too (cooler UK) without feeling too hot.

KindDogsTail Tue 10-Jan-17 18:34:45

sosimply.com/default/tvc.html
Here are TV links so you can see better

VinoEsmeralda Tue 10-Jan-17 18:38:03

Phase eight do some flattering 7/8 but I have yet to find flattering full length trousers. Just tried the Richmond Boden ones and the backpockets are at an odd place making my ass look bigger then it is ( DH comments that was:-). They are going back sadly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now