Talk

Advanced search

Over the knee boots with short dress - yes or no?

(18 Posts)
Dudette29 Wed 04-Jan-17 13:29:31

Hi all,

I'll be celebrating my birthday next month and am planning a night out - first night out out with the girls since becoming single so I want to make a real effort!

I'm really drawn to over the knee boots with short dress look, although aim to keep it sophisticated rather than slutty ( think loose wrap dress rather than pretty woman! )

I'm after your views on this particular look. Do you like it? Would you / have you worn it?

I'm 5'7 and size 12 so think with the right items I could pull the look off.

I would really welcome your thoughts, thanks.

CouldHaveNotCouldOf Wed 04-Jan-17 13:40:58

I've worn long tops/jumpers as a dress with over the knee boots on a couple of occasion lately. I think it's a great look.

Softkitty2 Wed 04-Jan-17 13:55:23

Yes. It looks great

OliviaBensonOnAGoodDay Wed 04-Jan-17 13:56:55

I wear this a lot, it looks good I think! I'm 5'10 and a 12, apple shaped, so I like to draw attention to my legs.

LittleOyster Wed 04-Jan-17 14:11:00

I think it looks great as a daytime or casual evening look, with opaque tights.

Dudette29 Wed 04-Jan-17 14:18:32

Thanks for your replies, I'm sold on the idea! It's not my usual style but there's something about it I really like.

Looking forward to a bit of shopping at the weekend! :-)

Bluntness100 Wed 04-Jan-17 14:21:46

I like this, in fact at new year I wore the hush Tara dress in black with black semi opaque tights and black suede flat over the kneee boots. I'm just under five eight and a size ten.

I think it only gets a bit dodge if you're wearing high heeled boots. Then uou risk straying into pretty woman territory but it is age dependant.

Branleuse Wed 04-Jan-17 14:24:32

i dont see what else youd wear with OTN boots, than a short dress

Bluntness100 Wed 04-Jan-17 14:26:13

Skinny jeans also work well with over the knee boots.

chemicalCat Wed 04-Jan-17 14:29:39

I've worn this too and think it's fine. Also worn with short skirts and shorts - all with opaque tights.

OTK boots are so ubiquitous now I think it only looks "pretty woman" if they have stiletto heels and are worn with fishnets. I defend any woman's right to wear that if she wants to, however.

BTW, I don't really think it is age sensitive. Anyone can wear them with a bit of thought.

LittleOyster Wed 04-Jan-17 19:09:42

Might be age dependant in terms of how it's perceived. I wore otk boots (black suede, chunky heel) with a shortish denim dress and black opaques and my mum (who is late 60s) kindly said I looked like a streetwalker. shock

OliviaBensonOnAGoodDay Wed 04-Jan-17 21:01:59

My OTK boots are heeled. I tend to wear them with high necked, long sleeved mini dresses. No tights, the flash of skin makes it sexy!

chemicalCat Thu 05-Jan-17 08:30:02

To be fair, Little, my DM wouldn't stop at OTK boots to disapprove of my outfits. She pretty much sees anything other than a shapeless Laura Ashley frock from the 1970s as dangerously tarty and confirmation that the world has gone to the dogs.

Fortunately, I stopped listening to her fashion advice years ago and she knows better than to say anything now!

chemicalCat Thu 05-Jan-17 08:31:50

Never tried my OTK boots with bare legs, Olivia. I might when the weather gets warmer so long as the dress isn't too short.

burnishedsilver Thu 05-Jan-17 08:42:59

I like the look if the boots are flat. If they've got heels it's hard not to look 'pretty woman'.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 05-Jan-17 09:49:29

I quite like this look:

LittleOyster Thu 05-Jan-17 13:12:43

Glad to hear of your defiance, chemical. smile Might discard the tights and go bare legged like Olivia suggested as I really like the sound of that look.

BusterGonad Thu 05-Jan-17 16:45:19

Go for it, it sounds like a great look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now