Talk

Advanced search

Thin hair : cut or no?

(11 Posts)
pnutter Thu 31-Mar-16 20:32:01

My hair is fine but now at 45 seems thin.
If I had it cut off would it help?
It just sort of hangs limply .

MeadowHay Thu 31-Mar-16 22:15:11

Lots of layers can give the illusion of thicker hair. This would probably work better if it was short-ish. Have a chat with your hairdresser!

Emmiy Thu 31-Mar-16 22:21:20

I wouldn't advise layering thin hair. Just causes it to fall flat against your head. I have fine hair and find the best thing to make it appear thicker is to have a blunt cut bob/lob and use body boosting items. I use Fat Hair shampoo and mousse (not conditioner) and also add Got2b powder after. People think my hair is thick now. I have used these products for the last 5 years after a lifetime of limp hair.

rhodes2015 Thu 31-Mar-16 22:34:37

i wouldn't layer, I have fine, limp hair and mine is best blunt..... which is crap because i love to see layers but they just dont work on my hair. back in october i had it cut just above shoulder, with some highlights, no layers and it was the thickest it had ever felt and the best condition it had been in a long time. i use a mousse to thicken up before drying.

littlepinkfizz Fri 01-Apr-16 08:16:04

Where can you get Fat Hair shampoo ? Is it the Bumble and Bumble one?

OpenMe Fri 01-Apr-16 08:24:42

I had long fine, limp, flyaway hair for years. Get ng and n cut short, properly short is the best thing I ever did. A shorter layered bob (wasn't brave enough to do it all in one go!) looked okish but was still limp and flyaway and loads of work to get any body into

pnutter Fri 01-Apr-16 09:21:27

Thanks all. I'dlove a pixie but not sure if I'm brave enough . Having a think today !

Emmiy Sun 03-Apr-16 12:37:09

alittlepinkfizz It's called Fat Hair. It's by Samy and its Vegan and sold in Superdrug or online at Samy Fat Hair.

Emmiy Sun 03-Apr-16 12:38:03

http://fat-hair.com/index?p=

tappitytaptap Sun 03-Apr-16 21:37:55

My hairdresser insists layers make your hair look thicker but I agree a blunt cut is best. We compromise by letting a few layers in there....!

tappitytaptap Sun 03-Apr-16 21:39:07

Sorry posted too soon. Babyliss big hair is good for getting a nice bouncy blowdry and then I also like the fat hair products, they are great and pretty inexpensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now