Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What colour jacket with navy please?

(10 Posts)
ChocolateIsNotSleep Mon 19-Oct-15 21:35:42

Hi there, I've been trying to build a not very capsule wardrobe with lots of navy, grey and blue and white stripes with paler blue and pink accent colours. However, now its getting colder I'd like a smarter jacket to wear to meetings etc and I'm not sure what will work best. Possibly a camel coloured one? Or grey? I think navy looks a bit too matchy unless its either a suit or the texture is very different plus its so hard to get shades that work together.

Any links much appreciated!

I'm a mostly WAHM and don't need to be super smart but would like something a bit stylish. I'm mid-thirties, reasonably tall and slim but have big boobs which rules out anything too straight or with too many buttons.

I'm also looking for a cosy, chunky knit cardigan that I can belt for WAH days when its cold but still have to leave the house to collect kids without looking like a bag lady as usual.

T very much IA!

pdxs Tue 20-Oct-15 13:23:21

what colour is your footwear - more blacks (in which case grey perhaps) or more browns (in which case navy?)...

camel would work with all you have except possibly pink...

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 20-Oct-15 15:06:29

Burgundy is lovely with navy and grey and will tone in with any pink or pale blue items you have. I wouldn't go for camel myself.

ChocolateIsNotSleep Tue 20-Oct-15 21:12:42

Ooh thanks for the replies! I have both black and tan boots. I'm blonde and a "summer" colour so not sure if burgundy is a bit rich/dark for me? I was thinking I'd need to avoid camel ones that were in the orangey side for the same reason.

I did see a nice Zara blazer in camel but it's sold out in my size sad

ChocolateIsNotSleep Tue 20-Oct-15 21:46:04

Link to one I liked here: www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/blazers/blazer-with-lapel-c756615p2776002.html

ChocolateIsNotSleep Tue 20-Oct-15 21:46:45

Link to one I liked here: www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/blazers/blazer-with-lapel-c756615p2776002.html

burnishedsilver Tue 20-Oct-15 22:25:55

I'd be inclined to stick with grey for the coat but I think you need a splash of red in there somewhere. Red leather gloves perhaps?

ChocolateIsNotSleep Wed 21-Oct-15 09:53:48

Thanks burnishedsilver I like the sound of that! I love leather gloves! Maybe a nice burgundy and navy scarf too, spotted a gorgeous one on pinterest!

Has anyone bought anything from New Look recently? I haven't been in there in years but spotted this on shopstyle and thought it could be an inexpensive way to try it out - but if its hideous quality it will be a waste of time: www.newlook.com/shop/womens/jackets-and-coats/burgundy-jersey-blazer-_345606567?isRecent=true

sweetheart Wed 21-Oct-15 10:13:12

I am a blonde summer colour and I love wearing burgandy / aubergine in the winter. it goes really well with black, brown and grey so it's a fab versatile colour for winter.

sweetheart Wed 21-Oct-15 10:13:34

And navy blue.....I meant to say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: