Talk

Advanced search

Style blog for pear shaped

(13 Posts)
BrilliantineMortality Wed 11-Mar-15 08:53:28

I don't really have much of a clue when it comes to style/fashion, but I really need to update my wardrobe.

I thought I'd look for inspiration via fashion blogs, but as I'm a pear shape I want to see clothes/outfits that will suit my shape.

What blogs (UK, High Street prices) are written by or for those who are pear shaped?

Thanks!

HelenaVagBasket Wed 11-Mar-15 09:13:37

Ooh no advice but marking place as I am looking for the same! Bought some shorts yesterday and I have no idea what to wear them with.

DiDiddlyIDi Wed 11-Mar-15 09:20:12

Not necessarily a blog but have you had a look on Pinterest?

BrilliantineMortality Wed 11-Mar-15 13:10:34

I've tried Pinterest but I can't really get on with it. I will try again though.

Any ideas from anyone else?

workJack Wed 11-Mar-15 17:12:18

I came on to ask the same question! I love does my bum look 40 but she's skinnier than me so can't wear a lot of her suggestions. Loved putting me together which I saw linked from a mumsnet post, but that's the US. So I'm after something UK based, high street, pear shaped, size 12/14. Not a long wish list!

Skinheadmermaid Wed 11-Mar-15 20:22:48

I really like Nadia Aboulhosn.

BrilliantineMortality Wed 11-Mar-15 22:07:25

Snap workJack! Same size as me.

Just checked out Nadia Aboulhosn. She looks fab, but a US site. Good for gathering ideas though.

Any UK-based suggestions?

JimmyCorkhill Wed 11-Mar-15 22:09:44

This is the moment you think 'oh sod it, I'll start my own blog" then we can all follow you c'mon, chop chop!

BrilliantineMortality Wed 11-Mar-15 22:38:42

Ha! Having just spent the last half hour trawling the internet with phrases such as "best fashion blog pear shaped" and "uk style website blog pear shaped" the best I've found are lists of old chestnuts such as "wear bootcut trousers and bold necklaces to draw attention upwards". Gee thanks for that.

Jemmi Thu 12-Mar-15 01:46:18

https://www.pinterest.com/styled247/pear-shaped-body/

oohwhatalovelypear.tumblr.com/

fuckyeahpearshapedgirls.tumblr.com/

not all UK but might be worth a look

WipsGlitter Thu 12-Mar-15 06:57:17

There's one style me curvy, she's maybe a bit bugger than you but looks great and is affordable.

Skinheadmermaid Thu 12-Mar-15 14:17:58

I also used to look at thepearshape.com but she seems to have stopped posting.

hermitlady Thu 16-Feb-17 16:18:10

I know this is an old post, but just started a new thread about starting a pear-shaped fashion blog, please comment there and help it get started with stuff you want grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now