Talk

Advanced search

V neck jumpers

(23 Posts)
craftymadam Wed 07-Jan-15 11:20:47

I'm desperately searching for some plain V-neck jumpers which I can dress up abit with scarfs.
I'm a 14 with a large bust and everything I try on seems to be really short in the body or ends up getting shorter after several washes.
If I try larger sizes, the jumpers just look like they swamp me and give me no shape.
Can anyone recommend anywhere for simple, long, shapely jumpers? Thank you smile

hoedown Wed 07-Jan-15 13:34:24

Following as i have the same problem!

Purpleflamingos Wed 07-Jan-15 13:37:59

I buy long vests from H&M and my plain jumpers from M&S, Zara and online retailers. The long vests lengthen out the jumpers and are easy to dress up with statement jewellery or scarves. Would this work?

hoedown Wed 07-Jan-15 13:43:48

Sounds similar to what I currently do Purple, long vest and a light snood/scarf. Really struggle with statement jewellery though, i love the look but when i try i always worry i look like a plonker and take it back off! The H&M longs vests are great though aren't they?

craftymadam Wed 07-Jan-15 21:38:51

Purpleflamingos - That's also what I've been doing with a long vest top underneath. I like that look with a scarf, but would still love to find somewhere that actually stocks longer length jumpers if they exist....

LegArmpits Wed 07-Jan-15 21:58:52

Gap outlet has some fantastic v neck, long sleeved, fairly long in the body cotton tops. Not quite jumpers but great with scarfs and layered if need be. They wash well and cost about £6.

Hopefully Wed 07-Jan-15 22:26:52

I hunt for these sorts of jumpers EVERY YEAR, I swear. Haven't found any since some amazing M&S cashmere ones about 12 years ago (I'm not even exaggerating, sadly, and the M&S ones died a death a couple of years ago). The best I can manage is uniqlo merino sized up, but really they look too big.

christinarossetti Wed 07-Jan-15 22:34:32

I've just bought a uniqlo merino one. It's okay for the money but agree that it's quite roomy, a bit 'square' shaped.

Jigsaw sometimes do longer length ones - try e-bay for stuff that was made a few years ago, so better quality and more material in the length.

Fcukfifa Wed 07-Jan-15 22:36:20

I've just bought a super soft fine knit grey v neck jumper from topshop. It's slouchy but isn't swampy. Think it was about £36.

I've worn it on a night out with leather trousers and have it on today with ripped jeans.

Have only washed it once though so ok idea how it will fare over time.

Fcukfifa Wed 07-Jan-15 22:37:04

m.topshop.com/h5/search?query=Grey+v+neck+jumper&search=

This one.

5madthings Wed 07-Jan-15 22:38:41

I just got a nice grey one.from.gap, massive boobs hrere.it fits really.nicely.

Fcukfifa Wed 07-Jan-15 22:39:40

Just realised I've got it on now with the same jeans as the model blush
<need to broaden choice of clothes shops>

expatinscotland Wed 07-Jan-15 22:39:58

Uniglo

Waterandtea Wed 07-Jan-15 22:44:52

this sort of thing?

MrBisinbother Wed 07-Jan-15 22:47:33

You could try mens v neck jumpers. I have a few in cashmere and merino wool. The sleeves and length of mens jumpers are longer.The quality seems better too confused

craftymadam Fri 09-Jan-15 12:12:23

Thanks for your help everyone, i'll have a look online at the suggestions and see what I can find smile

hugoagogo Fri 09-Jan-15 16:48:34

Everything in gap seems really long to me shortarse and they have as good sale on the moment- worth a try?

SuperScribbler Fri 09-Jan-15 18:42:41

Woolovers have some very good value knits. They send quickly and the quality is good too.

Millli Fri 09-Jan-15 20:28:04

Long Tall Sally have v necked sweaters that are longer length. All there stuff is longer than normal shops. Its not all brilliant but I can often find bits and pieces I like.

www.longtallsally.com/p/tall/v-neck-sweater-06H02#06H02MOS

Millli Fri 09-Jan-15 20:28:30

their

mimiasovitch Fri 09-Jan-15 20:37:15

Are these too baggy?

Hush

anotherdayanothersquabble Fri 09-Jan-15 20:37:19

Frumpy website but Woolovers is worth a look.

GutsyMcMuffin Fri 09-Jan-15 20:48:55

This one www.woolovers.com/cashmere-merino/womens/relaxed-v-neck-sweater.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now