Talk

Advanced search

Hair brush recommendations please!

(12 Posts)
Pointlessfan Mon 29-Dec-14 10:36:18

I need a new hair brush. Mine is a very cheap one that I bought on holiday when I lost mine.
Can anyone recommend a good one please? Is it worthy getting separate ones for brushing and blow drying?
I would really like one that is sold in Boots as I have a lot of advantage points saved!

SecretLimonadeDrinker Mon 29-Dec-14 14:14:09

I have a tangle teezer which I love but considering getting a separate brush for styling (this year I will learn to blow dry my hair properly)!

mowglik Mon 29-Dec-14 14:21:40

i have £1.50 wooden bristle brushes from primark it has the normal teeth then it has tufts inside - these are great cos they catch all the fluff and dirt that gets trapped in your hair. I bought loads of these and have just deposited them everywhere lol..they make my hair really glossy and silky as they kind of clean the hair as you use them

it looks just like this one which is actually from boots so maybe pick this one up as it will probably do the same thing
www.whatcatsays.co.uk/2013/09/botanics-cushion-hairbrush.html

mowglik Mon 29-Dec-14 14:26:30

just to add i have a mason pearson bristle brush and i know these are really recommended but i hated it (it hurts!) and the primary brush is much more gentle and my hair looks better after using it

southeastastra Mon 29-Dec-14 14:29:17

always use the denman brush

spinduchess Mon 29-Dec-14 14:30:19

I hate my tangle teezer. I have thick hair, and it doesn't penetrate deep enough to get through real knots.

I think they must only be good for fine hair.

tassisssss Mon 29-Dec-14 14:38:00

I like a head hog, you can get them in boots for sure. And I like a metal one for blowdrying.

Pointlessfan Mon 29-Dec-14 16:11:51

Thank you all for the suggestions, I think I'll go and have a look tomorrow.

Romcom Mon 29-Dec-14 16:13:25

I love my tangle teezer. I'll never go back to a normal brush.

BingBongMerrilyOnHigh Mon 29-Dec-14 16:18:03

Denman D3 or D31, depending on how thick/long your hair is. I have one for DD (curly hair) & am going to get one for myself (straight hair) too. They are the best - they are the only non metal bristle brush I've ever used, that don't make the hair static. And they are washable, apparently.

Pointlessfan Mon 29-Dec-14 19:07:27

Can I ask what is different about a tangle teezer?
I don't really get tangles. Hair is quite thick, mid length and wavy. I would like it to lie a bit smoother as it is prone to frizz.

Pippidoeswhatshewants Mon 29-Dec-14 21:12:42

I have the botanics brush mowglik linked to, and so has dd. They are fab! Dd much prefers hers to a tangle teezer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now