Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a new hairdryer

(10 Posts)
PurpleAlert Sat 06-Dec-14 17:35:37

Need a new one. My hair is fairly fine slightly curly, just above the shoulders . Can go up to £80. Don't want anything too heavy.

Anyone know anything about the ioinising dryers?

TIA smile

Greengardenpixie Sat 06-Dec-14 17:46:29

GHD air...its good. Only downside is the controls are a little awkward.

www.lookfantastic.com/ghd-airtm/10570052.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_healthelectricals&affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&gclid=CjwKEAiA74qkBRCdrM-6or7U73QSJABCDL9pWXGMeCdbZoDGNAb3ELm6s9PDNpLYfi_pYNgRmb37fxoClqLw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

PurpleAlert Sat 06-Dec-14 17:47:27

Thanks- will look at that one-any more?

PurpleAlert Sat 06-Dec-14 18:00:12

bump

zinnia Sat 06-Dec-14 18:28:25

Parlux. Expensive but worth it every time it takes me 5 mins less to dry my hair. My leonine-tressed cousin borrowed it and couldn't get over the difference too (I have an "Eco" 3800 but think they're all pretty good).

PurpleAlert Sat 06-Dec-14 18:59:45

Thanks-I have heard parlux mentioned before. WIll have a look

Madamecastafiore Sat 06-Dec-14 19:01:20

Parlux.

Since I bought it so many people have commented on my shiny hair grin

RojaGato Sun 07-Dec-14 07:40:19

My friend who is a hairdresser swears by Parlux.

I really like the Babyliss vintage glamour hairdryer
www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-5568CU-Vintage-Glamour-Salon/dp/B00E5E43F0

with one of the Babyiss Universal Diffuser (the head that is all mesh, no fingers) added on
www.amazon.co.uk/Babyliss-Pro-Universal-Diffuser-BABD05U/dp/B002MTHQKO

It makes my fine but lots of it, slightly curly just past shoulders hair dry quickly and pretty straight but without knocking all the volume/movement out of it.

PurpleAlert Sun 07-Dec-14 10:25:00

Thanks all- I went for the New Parlux powerlight 385 (in Red!)

Bit of a bargain- got it from Look Fantastic and they have a Secret Santa deal on which took the price down from £86 to £71 and a free parlux heatwave ceramic adaptor and free delivery! smile

Redoubtable Sun 07-Dec-14 14:39:19

Interesting Purple.
What's the big deal with the Parlux? I have an old hairdryer which is fine <meh>.
I was convinced by the recommendations for the Babyliss Big Hair on here (last winter) and I love it...it has definitely improved the condition of my hair.
Is the Parlux worth going for to join the suite of my hair appliances (!)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now