Talk

Advanced search

Hair towel/turban wrap

(16 Posts)
Sunmakesmesmile Sat 29-Nov-14 21:32:25

Can anyone recommend one of those hair wraps which help dry hair? I've come across all sorts of them and reviews are all mixed. Some appear to just be towels in the wrap shape but I'm after one which actually sped up hair drying? Need it for after the gym so light weight/compact would be v useful. Thanks v much

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 29-Nov-14 21:34:28

Aquiss - as per Sali Hughes recommendation. I love mine.

Sunmakesmesmile Sat 29-Nov-14 21:36:41

Perfect. Exactly what I was after, thank you!

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 29-Nov-14 21:42:16

smile

thoughtsbecomethings Sat 29-Nov-14 21:45:41

Soap and glory one from boots is fab

greyhoundgymnastics Sat 29-Nov-14 22:34:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Behoove Sat 29-Nov-14 22:44:09

I got one free with a Philip Kingsley purchase from Feel Unique. It's great, I use it all the time,unlike the expensive hair masque thing which is in the drawer unused.

HarveySpecter Sun 30-Nov-14 07:08:24

Belinda - quick question please! Have you tried cheaper ones as well or are you just pleased with the Aquis because of how good it is. I am tempted by it but want to know it does perform better than my cheap existing one. Thanks.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 30-Nov-14 08:02:33

I tried a £5 one from M&S and threw it out. It took moisture from my hair, but I hated touching it. The feel of it was v offputting to me, and it snagged on even the tiniest dry bits on my hands. Not explaining it well, but the Aquiss has a different, nicer texture than the M&S one. The Boots website should have reviews on any cheaper ones they stock, ditto Amazon.

My mum bought me an Aquis one about 10 years ago and it's brilliant. I've got a cheap Primark turban one in my swimming bag and it doesn't dry at all, just stops my clothes getting soaked while I dress.

x-posted, we have big microfibre towels for beach and camping and they have that odd snag on dry skin feeling, not nice, the Aquis one is just peachy and lovely.

HarveySpecter Sun 30-Nov-14 08:16:45

Ah - thanks, that's exactly it! My M&S one does exactly the same - is horrible to touch. I am off to buy an Aquis.

321zerobaby Sun 30-Nov-14 13:53:30

I have seen them in Primarni, not tried them though.

EldonAve Sun 30-Nov-14 16:50:49

I got an Aquis one in TK Maxx recently

SadEyedLady Sun 30-Nov-14 17:46:47

DH randomly one Xmas got me one called the Girlfriend! Hair turban - it's microfibre and really good, I make him get me a replacement every couple of years. Think it's cheaper than the Aquis but looks much the same. Stupid name though.

threepiecesuite Sun 30-Nov-14 17:50:59

Cannot bear the feel of microfibre <ugh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now