Talk

Advanced search

anyone know where I can get very plain black flat shoes?

(13 Posts)
oddsocksmostly Sat 08-Nov-14 15:25:57

It's time for our annual battle to find acceptable school footwear for DD (15). She will only consider a pump type of shoe, so brogues are out. Any sort of adornment such as a bow or pattern is also unacceptable. Last year it took months till we fell upon some, and I only wish I'd bought an extra 3 pairs at the time.

addictedtosugar Sat 08-Nov-14 19:49:42

I suspect my taste in footwear will not go down well with a 15 yr old, but my immediate thoughts were something like clarks or my preference, with a higher front, which may well not be popular

if you say what would be unacceptable with the above, I can carry on looking?

oddsocksmostly Sat 08-Nov-14 20:31:26

Ooh, the Clarks ones are exactly right except she won't like the sole. I really like the others, but she won't. And we have all this performance before she has even tried anything on..

Trumpton Sun 09-Nov-14 04:14:04

Couple of pairs in M&S Here and Here

Trumpton Sun 09-Nov-14 04:21:45

Debenhams here

Get her to google flat pain black shoes and Shopstyle will link her to many shops and styles .

pearpotter Sun 09-Nov-14 04:30:02

www.startriteshoes.com/totally-black-leather-girls-school-shoes

DDs have last season's version which have a twist at the front, but this season's are plainer. There is also a similar style without the strap if she prefers a slip on shoe.

pearpotter Sun 09-Nov-14 04:33:03

www.startriteshoes.com/girls-shoes/school-shoes/march-black-girls-slip-on-school-shoes-24564

Are these too fancy?

pearpotter Sun 09-Nov-14 04:36:58

These were the other ones I saw on there:

www.startriteshoes.com/intense-black-leather-girls-buckle-angry-angels

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Nov-14 07:35:11

these?

oddsocksmostly Sun 09-Nov-14 08:30:57

Thank you all for looking! The ones that addicted suggested have been closest! but as I thought, she doesn't like the sole.....

addictedtosugar Sun 09-Nov-14 09:38:36

OK, possibilities.

Hush puppies, but suspect the sole will be rejected
crocs?? dont discount til you've looked
schuh v1
schuh v2 cheaper than above, but otherwise I'm not sure there is a difference

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Nov-14 10:13:14

Keen - but probably not plain enough sturdier for winter than a simple ballerina though.

If she will only tolerate complete plain pumps, have you looked at Pretty Ballerinas or French Sole ? Not cheap though.

oddsocksmostly Sun 09-Nov-14 13:05:20

Hooray! The crocs 'look OK,' which is praise indeed, so we have a contender! Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now