Talk

Advanced search

M&S Bras

(15 Posts)
Percephone Tue 25-Mar-14 11:19:31

So if I normally wear a 32E, what size should I buy in M&S? I heard they come up quite small.

OneLittleLady Tue 25-Mar-14 11:26:28

I usually go up one back size and one to two cup sizes in m&s

Tbh the recent info is that their sizing is just bonkers and inconsistent. Try every bra on in multiple sizes

arp2411 Tue 25-Mar-14 12:27:29

I have a few bras from M&S and I've never had a problem with their sizing. I'm a 32c, I don't know if that makes a difference. Some styles can come up a bit small, but size discrepancies along those lines happen with most brands. Can you try a 32e on first and go from there?

SorrelForbes Tue 25-Mar-14 12:41:00

Last year I bought (on eBay) a M&S 28DD bra for a friend's daughter. The band only stretched to 25".

Percephone Tue 25-Mar-14 12:47:27

Can't do too much trying on as I have baby in tow. I bought a 36 from there before and couldn't breathe!

Mandy21 Tue 25-Mar-14 12:52:00

I think the fit is different even in the same size. I got someone to measure me when I last bought, and although I'm generally a 34C, the bras that fitted (all obviously from Marks) ranged from 32D to 36B.

Vickiyumyum Tue 25-Mar-14 12:53:03

the ebay one was probably a wrongly labelled seconds?

I buy bras from m&s and they are fine, I go with my actual measurements and go from there. I measure 32 under bust and 41 over bust but as my bust is not full (4dc breastfed for at least 12 months each have left them quite empty) a g cup fits well. sometimes a h but can rarely find those in a 32

SorrelForbes Tue 25-Mar-14 16:13:34

Bear in mind that M&S don't do an FF cup so their G is really an FF!

SorrelForbes Tue 25-Mar-14 16:14:41

the ebay one was probably a wrongly labelled seconds? You'd like to think so but she's bought others since (all M&S Limited collection) and they're all tiny! Another MNer who was looking for 26" bands bought one too I think.

Vickiyumyum Tue 25-Mar-14 21:30:33

Ah that's a pain then. Was speaking from experience as got caught out myself on eBay as sizing was totally off.

princessalbert Wed 26-Mar-14 08:38:15

I picked up a couple in the sale last week.

I bought my usual size - 32E but they are really, really tight. I can wear them, but they are much less comfortable than the same size in other brands (and I have to rip them off by the end of the day!)

Nocomet Wed 26-Mar-14 08:43:22

I can't get bigger cups smaller band to work in M&S (haven't tried anywhere else too mean).

Doesn't work on my size 6 DD either.

I'm certain the bra ladies wouldn't make her a 34 A

No I'm not measuring, she'd blush

Coffeemonster1 Wed 26-Mar-14 09:34:41

I can never work out the sizing in there, they just never seem to fit right no matter how many I try on. I got measured by one of the ladies in there and she told me I was a 30DD so she bought me a 30DD and a 32D to try on. I couldn't even get the ends of the bra to meet, let alone do the fastening up? How can the measurement be that wrong?

They have major quality issues I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now