Talk

Advanced search

How to dry your fringe

(34 Posts)
holycowwhatnow Tue 11-Feb-14 19:57:08

Wow! This works!!!

How to blow dry your fringe so it looks perfect

Coumarin Wed 12-Feb-14 00:01:47

I know without clicking that that's the Sali Hughes link. It's brilliant isn't it? I mentioned it to someone considering getting a fringe on another thread. I haven't had to straighten my fringe since I watched it a couple of weeks ago. Seems obvious when you know how. smile

HelpTheSnailsAreComingToGetMe Wed 12-Feb-14 00:23:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TulipOHare Wed 12-Feb-14 00:30:10

Ooooh. Going to try that tomorrow! I have always done it the way she says is wrong (and I believe her, because it never really works and I always have to straighten it).

I am quite (pathetically) excited grin

Starballbunny Wed 12-Feb-14 00:38:45

That's the advantage of having DDs, I can borrow, two types of brush, a hair drier with a nozzle (mine melted years ago) and some straighteners.

DD2 has moose and hair spray too.

Me, I just let my hair dry wandering round the house or by turning the car heater to max.

HelpTheSnailsAreComingToGetMe Wed 12-Feb-14 00:53:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

themessyapron Wed 12-Feb-14 01:12:45

I don't think you should ever tie your hair back when drying your fringe. It results in your fringe looking 'stuck on' like Sali's does. Brush it randomly while drying but brush a large chunk of the 'rest' of your hair forward too. After the front half of your hair is dry the sides and back half will fall into place and your fringe will be nicely framed by the refs of your hair. Then rough dry the back half then blow dry it all.

Her fringe needs a good cut too. Long is great but when too long it tends to hang in chunks rather than as one because you naturally make gaps in it to see through. Sali's is usually hanging in clumps

Also, what's with Sali's Middleton eyeliner?! Hate it, sorry.

themessyapron Wed 12-Feb-14 01:13:24

* rest of your hair

Coumarin Wed 12-Feb-14 13:49:03

Any shorter and her fringe would be above her eyebrows. This isn't the 80's.

rockybalboa Wed 12-Feb-14 14:09:24

I'm with Tulip! Need to get my hand on a Mason Pearson style brush but sooooo excited to try it as stupid new post baby hair regrowth has caused havoc with my fringe and I just can't get it right.

herbaceous Wed 12-Feb-14 14:28:39

I follow a simplified version of her fringe-drying technique: hold hairdrier above the head, aiming the air so it goes down the fringe. Brush backwards and forwards with any old hairbrush. Finish. Perhaps spray with hairspray.

It stays straight for two days, by which stage I need to wash my hair again. No need to fanny about with straighteners, dry shampoo, etc.

Jelloonsprings Wed 12-Feb-14 17:43:12

Try this as well for a side swept fringe. So simple once you know how - I always used to have the 'rainbow' look she talks about & this made a big difference...

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 15:00:46

I am amazed at that side swept video. Did it this morning and the difference is incredible. I no longer have a weird quiffy thing going on.

Thx

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 15:01:47

I am amazed at that side swept video. Did it this morning and the difference is incredible. I no longer have a weird quiffy thing going on.

Thx

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 15:03:36

Thx

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 15:04:10

Thx

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 15:04:11

Thx

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 15:04:20

Thx

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 15:11:35

Whoops! So amazed I posted it several times. grin

Magix Thu 13-Feb-14 15:24:56

Those videos are brill I'm going to try the side swept one tomorrow !! grin

Magix Thu 13-Feb-14 15:27:44

Also where will I get one of those brushes from the first video ? A cheap one grin

Annianni Thu 13-Feb-14 15:49:53

I've done that fringe thing twice now, using a bristle barrel brush and it's brilliant.

I haven't got one at the moment (well, I have but it's longer and sideswept), but I used to do it as herbaceous describes when mine was short with a proper fringe and it did work then. To be honest I didn't think Sali's looked great in that video, uneven and clumpy.

salemsparklys Thu 13-Feb-14 15:52:55

Shall not bother with a hair brush that costs £100, cheaper version anyone?

Dillydollydaydream Thu 13-Feb-14 16:07:10

Liked the side swept 'bang' video. Love how Americans sall their fringes bangs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now