Talk

Advanced search

Foundations that give a glow?

(21 Posts)
HaughtyCulture Sun 12-May-13 20:00:06

Hi all

Can anybody recommend any foundations that give the skin a nice, dewy glow? I currently use a revlon one but it looks a bit caked and I just look really washed out in photos.

My skin is pale-medium in colour, quite freckly, tans fairly easily. And is also quite oily, if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance

ggirl Sun 12-May-13 20:02:12

YSL touch eclat foundation -tis the dogs bollocks imo

Whitershadeofpale Sun 12-May-13 20:03:22

I'm pale so don't like anything to shimmery but I'm loving the ysl touché éclat foundation. Glowy but not glittery. I would say its medium coverage, not cakey at all.

I also like the boujois heathy mix and healthy mix serum but find them more noticeable on the skin.

Whitershadeofpale Sun 12-May-13 20:04:00

Ooops x-posts it is great though.

rootypig Sun 12-May-13 20:04:04

YSL teint eclat. Dior BB cream.

rootypig Sun 12-May-13 20:04:30

3 x posts! looks like you have your answer OP grin

KinNora Sun 12-May-13 20:06:10

Third vote for the YSL Teint Éclat, I think it's my favourite foundation ever - very flattering and a huge colour range.

andadietcoke Sun 12-May-13 20:06:29

Another vote from me. I love it. I really struggle with foundation and it's the first one I've (ever!) bought more than once. I use the Laura Mercier primer underneath and it lasts all day. Goes on really well too and blends so easily.

Sparkletastic Sun 12-May-13 20:12:07

For a less spendy option the new range of Bourgeois Healthy Mix Serum gel foundations are fab. I'm pale a freckly with pores that you could keep loose change in and it makes me all dewy.

Awks Sun 12-May-13 20:59:40

Again, the YSL one above is brilliant. But the loreal bb cream is fabulous too - its the same as the estee lauder daywear plus with tint right down to the smell.

ArcticRoll Sun 12-May-13 22:27:29

Armani Maestro or Luminous Silk- £££ but give a lovely uncakey glow.

YoniOno Sun 12-May-13 22:29:53

Another vote for YSL grin I just apply it cack handedly with fingers , add some Nars Orgasm stick on cheeks and look reasonably awake and glowy, despite having a toddler who doesn't seem to need sleep.

SorrelForbes Mon 13-May-13 08:50:34

The YSL one as mentioned above or a cheaper alternative is No7's Lift and Luminate.

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 13-May-13 08:52:23

Is the YSL one similar to Lift and Luminate? I have that at the mo' and it's alright, but it doesn't blow me away.

I didn't like the Health Mix at all. The gloopy consistency is awful. All sticky.

SorrelForbes Mon 13-May-13 09:11:00

The YSL is a bit more luxurious but I struggled to get a colour match. Benefit Girl Meets Pearl worn under a BB cream gives a lovely glow.

SorrelForbes Mon 13-May-13 09:11:38

Sorry meant to say that the La Roche Posay BB cream is very good.

Pusspuss1 Mon 13-May-13 09:43:49

Mac Face & Body gives a lovely glow. The coverage is very light, but I think it makes your skin look more youthful. I put a bit of their translucent finishing powder over the top on my T zone, so that it doesn't start to look oily later in the day.

Now I'm going to have to try out the YSL foundation as well, though!

anchovies Mon 13-May-13 09:47:41

I use Armani Luminous Silk which I love (is the first one I've bought more than once!) but I will have to try the YSL. Lisa Eldridge raves about it too.

OrbisNonSufficit Mon 13-May-13 09:54:57

Not a foundation but a primer - Chanel base lumiere is AMAZING. I use it under tinted moisturiser for a 'my skin but better' look...

shoeprincess2 Mon 13-May-13 10:10:41

Another vote here for YSL Teint Eclat. I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old. Like YoniOno, a bit of orgasm on top, and I look pretty reasonable for someone whose baby is still waking in the night and doesn't seem to understand that I have to go to work and face the scrutiny of work colleagues

shoeprincess2 Mon 13-May-13 10:13:08

Also, I put a bit of Guerlain Meteorites on top, to complete my subtle sparkly, glowy look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now