Talk

Advanced search

Really dark grey eyeliner recommendations?

(21 Posts)
Curtsey Mon 25-Mar-13 12:53:46

Anybody own a good-quality very dark grey eyeliner? All suggestions welcome: kohl, gel, liquid. Grey suits me best (black is too harsh, brown wrong with my skintone) but the one I have - I think it's L'Oreal - is too light and almost blue-ish. It gives me that delightful 80s look.

TallulahBetty Mon 25-Mar-13 13:05:27

Avon Glimmersticks eyeliner in Saturn Grey is my all-time fave. I wear it every single day. It's a lovely charcoal grey, dark but not as harsh as black. And it lasts all day! And it's a twist-up. Actually cannot fault it! grin

OneLittleLady Mon 25-Mar-13 13:24:10

Ruby and Millie had a nice one. I don't have it anymore but it was quite a dark grey with a very slight metallic edge to it. Really nice to wear from what I remember and easy to apply.

neriberi Mon 25-Mar-13 13:43:08

Stila do a really lovely grey eyeliner and I think smashbox have a decent grey one as well.

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Mon 25-Mar-13 13:56:38

I have a grey urban decay 24hr pencil liner which is a nice colour and super long wearing.

Curtsey Mon 25-Mar-13 15:08:13

Great, thanks all, time to get looking so smile

slug Mon 25-Mar-13 15:27:15

I have a greyish one from Nars .

Curtsey Mon 25-Mar-13 16:12:48

Ooh, slug, thank you for that recommendation, I had been hoping to find one with an applicator like this, as it happens smile

SprinkleLiberally Mon 25-Mar-13 16:15:36

I love Barry M bold waterproof eyeliners. Soft as can be but don't budge. They have a dark metallic grey which is lovely.

lololizzy Tue 26-Mar-13 00:39:51

Blinc's grey eyeliner (liquid) is the most flattering grey i've ever used.

Selks Tue 26-Mar-13 01:14:49

I love my Estee Lauder double wear eye pencil in granite shade which is a dark grey. Its an easy to apply kohl that comes with a little smudger (I love that) and it is virtually smudge proof and lasts all day.

rubyrubyruby Tue 26-Mar-13 05:51:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Curtsey Tue 26-Mar-13 10:27:38

gosh lots of great recommendations here, you're all great! Sprinkle I looked up that Barry M online and I must say it's looking good - I want a really dark grey and that looks like it might be dark enough for me. And it's cheap enough to just buy and try, so thank you!

AlanMoore Tue 26-Mar-13 10:35:42

Second the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils - will you report back please OP if you try the Barry M? I'm constantly looking for not black or brown but DARK eye makeup!

NinaNannar Tue 26-Mar-13 11:12:14

yup
clinique apply with a brush type - in a pot LOVE that
doublewear one in graphite - a bit blue grey though

love mac phone number too

NinaNannar Tue 26-Mar-13 11:12:25

dont do bobbi brown is v flaky

Curtsey Tue 26-Mar-13 11:31:18

I will certainly report back! As a last resort I find doing two layers of eyeliner - one black and one grey - can get the desired result. Bit heavy for daytime though.

dontyouwantmebaby Tue 26-Mar-13 12:59:43

i use bobbi brown, its never flaked on me! I am usually rubbish at applying gel eyeliner too but it seems to work for me.

I think you should try the bobbi brown graphite shade which is darker than their granite one.

Or slightly cheaper, Revlon do (or they certainly used to) a dark grey pencil liner, think its called battleship grey.

claudedebussy Tue 26-Mar-13 13:02:17

i also have bobby brow. like it a lot.

RevoltingPeasant Tue 26-Mar-13 16:56:35

Have just bought No 7 Smoky Sparkle Eyeliner in gun metal, which I've only tried on my hand but liked - SmashBox and Too-Faced also did pencils which looked really nice but couldn't be bothered to pay twice as much as I don't use grey every day.

SprinkleLiberally Tue 26-Mar-13 18:22:46

Hope you like. I also have the bright blue. Much nicer than it sounds! Love grey eye pencil!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now