Talk

Advanced search

Do Elle McPherson Bra's come up small or I am being over confident with my size?

(11 Posts)
KatieHen Mon 12-Nov-12 16:17:14

Elle McPherson underwear is so beautiful and Figleaves do a good sale but I always manage to get the size wrong. Do they come up tiny, does anyone else have that issue?

FreeButtonBee Mon 12-Nov-12 16:19:15

I find I do need to go up a cup size but actually find the backs fairly generous. Order a shit load and return those that don't fit. 'Tis the only way!

KatieHen Mon 12-Nov-12 16:28:05

Yes that's a good idea. I think when you know your size (or the size that fits in one shop/brand) you think you'll be the same in all of them. The new ranges are getting quite expensive now though. Has anyone ever been properly measured. I need to after babies???

Pufflemum Mon 12-Nov-12 16:37:07

I always find them tiny. Every Xmas DH buys me a pretty set of EM undies and they never fit well, so I hardly wear them. They always seem to be unflattering on and uncomfortable, both bras and knickers. You would think he would of learnt by now!

For a proper fitting you need bravissimo, rigby and peller, leia or a good department store- john Lewis seem to have dragged their fitting service in to this century! Or check out some of the bra fit threads.

But do not get fitted at m&s.

I believe elle comes up small in the cup. Some very pretty things though.

KatieHen Mon 12-Nov-12 16:42:06

I find them tiny Pufflemum. They are pretty but they have a lot of wire in them and it's always uncomfortable. Lovely though. Rigby and Peller is the brand I was trying to think of. I don;t have anything from there - nothing seems to beat Elle for the look.

MulledWineOnTheBusLady Mon 12-Nov-12 18:04:07

Yes. Was told that at John Lewis and they were right. I have to go up a cup size in them. The back size is the same as my usual, but the Elle is snugger - if you are on the upper edge of your back size you may have to go up one.

MulledWineOnTheBusLady Mon 12-Nov-12 18:06:25

Once you find the right size though they are hands-down the best bras I have, both for looks and lack of wobble. I wouldn't slop around in them, but I wouldn't say they're uncomfortable either. They are just very fitted, like you're wearing a very short corset!

SorrelForbes Mon 12-Nov-12 18:12:11

KatieHen Have you tried Fauve? Their bras are very pretty and beautifully made.

KatieHen Mon 12-Nov-12 18:33:22

I think Elle McPherson are the prettiest bras out there. I'll have a look at Fauve. Must get measured. Any other recommendations are greatly appreciated.

SorrelForbes Mon 12-Nov-12 19:03:53

I'm also a fan of Ewa Michalak. La Perla also make some very pretty bras.

I've also seen these on-line. Very pricey though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now