Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for work?????

(12 Posts)
floramckitchen Sun 11-Sep-11 17:47:16

I desperately need to update my work wardrobe but just don't know where to start. I'm 44, size 12 top and a bit busty (34F) and 10 bottom and usually live in black\grey trousers and boring blouse or long sleeved tshirt.

Can't even find any trousers I like in the shops now. Used to like Next but they have gone rapidly downhill recently.....help!!!!!!

thanks

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 11-Sep-11 17:48:42

I am 41 and live in next suits with some other stuff thrown in.

So no help but here to watch smile

noir Sun 11-Sep-11 17:50:17

My work staples are dark skinny jeans, nice top or tee with a blazer (plus a scarf if its not too warm). I think it looks modern but still smart (but then again I work in an environment where you can get away with certain jeans, i appreciate in a lot of workplaces this can be a no no).

What do you do OP?

Collision Sun 11-Sep-11 17:57:25

ph8

skirt to wear with boots

top to go with skirt?

stripy top to wear with smart black jeans

shoes

floramckitchen Sun 11-Sep-11 18:01:09

I work in an office . We can wear jeans and some of the girls do, I never have but it might be worth thinking about. I have a couple of pairs of fairly skinnyish straight leg jeans in dark blue that do me at weekends - so could wear them to work too. Maybe with a pretty blouse and boots.

Collision Sun 11-Sep-11 18:01:16

pretty but with longer boots

lovely to mix and match accessories with

JellyBelly10 Sun 11-Sep-11 18:02:10

I will lurk here in the hope of some pearls of wisdom too. I'm 43 and have been a SAHM for 7 years. Am still technically a SAHM but recently got a weekend job in an estate agent so need to dress smartly but am not earning enough to justify buying lots of new clothes. Instead I am alternating two suits that I used to wear at work back in the dark ages and am a bit worried I may look like some Spandau Ballet groupie at times! I can't seem to find good things to wear as tops under my suits (not that the suits are much to shout about!). In the good old days I used to love wearing those things caled 'bodies' with the poppers at the crotch! So flattering, no ironing, alwsy looked smart (or so I thought!).....but these days it's all a bit blousey....keep seeing tie-kneck blouses a la Princess Diana and just think they're awful! What do people wear as tops under their suits?

floramckitchen Sun 11-Sep-11 18:04:37

thanks Collision - I quite like the stripy dress and also both tops smile

floramckitchen Sun 11-Sep-11 18:08:23

brown dress probably a bit low cut for the old 34F's! I might have someones eye out!!

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 11-Sep-11 18:12:34

Are pepperberry good quality though? I have had problems with bravissimo clothes in the past quality-wise, and I think pepperberry are an offshoot

Collision Sun 11-Sep-11 20:44:15

I would wear a cami under the dress anyway.

Have never used PB but they do have some lovely looking bits and pieces.

duckyfuzz Sun 11-Sep-11 20:54:58

try hobbs outlet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now