Talk

Advanced search

Is there anything I can do to improve my "hag hands"?

(16 Posts)
BelleDameSansMerci Sun 03-Jul-11 19:57:00

That's it really... I am getting on a bit but, I hope, wearing quite well apart from my hands. They're such a give away. It's not the skin so much as the ropey veins. Am I doomed to hag hands?

apple99 Sun 03-Jul-11 20:12:07

I have quite veiny, dry hands. I have found using a hand scrub (I like the crabtree and evelyn or boot's no 7 ones) and then a cuticle cream has vastly improved the condition.

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 03-Jul-11 20:20:51

Thank you...

Just seen "Aveda Hand Relief" recommended on another thread too. Will try everything!

Notwavingbutcrowning Sun 03-Jul-11 20:32:10

I feel your pain! Mine were haglike but I recently swapped to scholl dry skin cream (yes, supposed to be for feet...) and it has worked wonders. It contains urea which does the trick apparently and was only about £2-3 from supermarket. Can't do much about veins though afaik.

CQrrrneee Sun 03-Jul-11 20:34:49

body shop hemp hand cream is very good

bleedingheartlefty Sun 03-Jul-11 20:48:55

I have developed ropey veins too. Hideous and so haggish. My dominant hand is much worse than the other one. Hand cream helps the other aging signs, I have been using a Neutrogena one with soy, it's quite good. But veiny hands along with an increasingly scraggy neck are such a giveway, the rest of me looks pretty good. Dammit, I'm only 46.

I wonder if there is some miracle cure.

CQrrrneee Sun 03-Jul-11 20:51:51

I've always had veiny hands. Madonna has them, so I don't think there can be a cure or else she'd have sorted them out!

bleedingheartlefty Sun 03-Jul-11 20:57:48

CQ, how depressing, you're right. sad smile

CQrrrneee Sun 03-Jul-11 20:58:55

I don't think other people notice though - I never look at other people's hands. I only know about Madonna's 'cos the media are always going on about them.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sun 03-Jul-11 21:07:36

Other people deffo do notice because one of my pupils commented on mine the other day and said I looked like a body builder because of them! blush

Gives him a FAIL on his next essay - grrrr.

CQrrrneee Sun 03-Jul-11 21:08:30

grrr - were they very small?

Riveninside Sun 03-Jul-11 21:09:34

Urea? Like wee? shock

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sun 03-Jul-11 21:10:50

They? The pupil?

He is in year 10 and therefore Should Have Known Bloody Better!

suzikettles Sun 03-Jul-11 21:15:36

I recently was given a lovely photo of me holding my newborn nephew. And then I saw my hands shock

Kate Moss's hands looked pretty ropey in her wedding photos. I guess it comes to us all.

Yes like wee! grin It is the stuff that is in Flexitol.

Belle I'm so glad you posted this, I looked down today and saw my mother's hands on the ends of my arms, most alarming!! grin

Burt's Bees do a good cuticle butter, which is excellent when I remember to use it.

I am struggling to find a really good cream though. Have tried Neutrogena, L'Occataine, Boots expert. Not impressed.

BelleDameSansMerci Tue 05-Jul-11 19:03:42

Thank you all for posting - how rude of me to just disappear!

I'm going to give the Aveda stuff a go and will report back.

I do think mine are worse in the heat but I suppose it's obvious that they would be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now