Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is this suitable for a 40 year old?

(12 Posts)
hetty37 Sun 12-Dec-10 13:10:00

Have bought this dress for Christmas Day, I am struggling to come to terms with being 40 and have suddenly realised I may be too old.... what do you think, I am 5ft 4in, size 12 in proportion, long blonde hair (although dying it ginger next week)this one or will I look like the waitress

Simbacatlives Sun 12-Dec-10 13:11:27

It's a lovely dress. I would wear it -40 ish. If you have tbe legs then go for it.

tethersjinglebellend Sun 12-Dec-10 13:12:30

Dress is lovely, wear it with pride smile

Marlinspike Sun 12-Dec-10 13:13:15

It would look lovely with opaque tights and black boots IMHO.

hetty37 Sun 12-Dec-10 13:15:04

Marlin - Do you mean long boots?

BendyBobCratchit Sun 12-Dec-10 13:16:15

If you've got the legs go for it!

I do think it does look a tiny bit waitressY if I'm honest. Not in a bad way, but maybe just a bitconfused

But def don't be afraid to wear something shorter. 40 isn't old you know!! (ok I might have passed that particular milestone myself but honestly it's NOT)

LutyensInTinsel Sun 12-Dec-10 13:16:26

Forty shmorty. As long as you have the attitude for it, you can wear what you fancy. The only real criterion is that it makes you feel like a million pounds smile

The dress is lovely. If I didn't have a post-partum body to deal with, I'd buy it myself.

panettoinydog Sun 12-Dec-10 13:27:07

I love the dress. If it suits you, all is fine

MrsColumbo Sun 12-Dec-10 13:40:25

If you like it, get it. Will you wish you had if you didn't get it because you worried what other people think? Dress to please yourself, not anyone else, and have fun shopping!

ragged Sun 12-Dec-10 13:43:03

Looks childish to me, sorry. Bit too much like school uniform.

ifancyashandy Sun 12-Dec-10 17:01:48

Love it. Wear it.

noddyholder Sun 12-Dec-10 17:12:56

Its very Irish dancing!I like it though.Age doesn't matter if things fit well and you still look good

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: