Talk

Advanced search

This 'Have you sent your Secret Santa gift?' reminder thing.....

(39 Posts)
Muchtoomuchtodo Wed 26-Nov-14 21:39:25

Is very annoying.

While it's a good idea, it seems to scroll up the screen as I move down a thread then get stuck in the bit where I type my post so that I can't see what I'm typing.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm using an iPad incase that makes a difference.

cozietoesie Wed 26-Nov-14 23:07:33

I'm not actually getting it at all on an ipad - on the mumsnet app, anyway. (Please don't take that as a challenge, MNHQ!)

I can't remember what I said I'd get my recipient - does anyone know where I can find out, please?

cozietoesie Thu 27-Nov-14 10:40:54

There should be a quote in the email they sent you yesterday, SDTG - have you looked there?

(Failing that, maybe drop them an email at santa.claus@mumsnet.com ?)

Thanks - I will check the email, and if I can't find it, I will email them. thanks

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Nov-14 13:49:10

Yup cozie is bang on SDTG - you should have received an email from us explaining stuff in a bit more detail.

Muchtoomuch - it should just sit at the bottom. Is it moving for anyone else?

ThreeQuartersEmpty Thu 27-Nov-14 13:54:23

slightly related, Ive clicked the button to say I've sent my gift, but nothing happens.
I've clicked it more than once, so maybe my recipient is getting multiple auto generated emails?
blush

Muchtoomuchtodo Fri 28-Nov-14 14:10:18

It is sitting at the bottom most of the time, but once I start typing a post it seems to move up!

DeckTheHallswithAliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Nov-14 16:16:07

ThreeQuartersEmpty

slightly related, Ive clicked the button to say I've sent my gift, but nothing happens.
I've clicked it more than once, so maybe my recipient is getting multiple auto generated emails?
blush

Hi

We would recommend trying to refresh the page, it may have 'accepted' the click but not being helpful and saying so iyswim.

Can we also ask what browser you're using?

ThreeQuartersEmpty Fri 28-Nov-14 17:39:31

Thanks Alice. It was IE8 on windows 7.
I've done it now from the iPad.

ishouldcocoa Fri 28-Nov-14 17:44:31

The reminder thingy irritated me so much, that I sorted out my present, printed out my label and sent it off today.

Got home, pressed 'thingy' and "poof!" it disappeared.

So I suppose it had the desired effect.

Now I've just got to get round to doing a million other things before Christmas...

FruVikingessOla Fri 28-Nov-14 19:16:49

Marginally irritating though it may be, I'm very glad it's there - because at least it's reminding me to send to my SSs!

I've printed the labels and info, but I know that I can't organise them until next week.

daisychain01 Fri 28-Nov-14 19:47:41

Just to say I posted my 2 presents off today << feeling full of Christmas cheer now >> just a relief to have done it - I did find the naggy reminder very useful, it has disappeared now that I clicked on the button to say I've sent my gifts off.

Just a little thing .... when I was in the post office, I looked at the addresses for the first time and realised one of my SS MNer is in Europe. I feel a bit of a plonker because I bought a gift card to a well-known UK store (I was in such a rush, I just assumed they were both UK addresses sad. ) I hope they can somehow redeem the giftcard....

ishouldcocoa Fri 28-Nov-14 23:34:24

I sent my present to someone about 6 miles away!

Gunpowder Fri 28-Nov-14 23:36:03

If you don't have a printer can you just copy all the info on the label?

Gunpowder Fri 28-Nov-14 23:36:55

(That is, hand write it onto your own label.)

cozietoesie Sat 29-Nov-14 07:45:14

Of course you can. MN have just done it to help out if needed but there's no need to use it if you'd rather write your own.

smile

Gunpowder Sat 29-Nov-14 08:31:47

Oh fab. Thanks cozie. smile

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 29-Nov-14 21:35:08

It looks like Miss Piggy in a motorcycle helmet... or with a Sixties 'bob'. grin

Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 30-Nov-14 20:24:04

Just me then!

cozietoesie Sun 30-Nov-14 21:01:39

I can't replicate that on the laptop, the Mumsnet app or on Safari on the ipad.

What are you using, Much ?

cozietoesie Sun 30-Nov-14 21:02:45

Sorry - I meant device and browser etc. (I'm sure you haven't been at the gin!!)

Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 30-Nov-14 21:11:33

I'm using safari on the iPad confused

As soon as I start typing, it jumps from the bottom left of the screen to sit at the top of the keyboard and then seems to move up bit by bit until it obscures my typing.

My plan now is to sort my secret Santa and get rid of it!

cozietoesie Sun 30-Nov-14 21:44:27

....As soon as I start typing.....

Ah. Give me a couple.

cozietoesie Sun 30-Nov-14 21:46:55

Afraid that I started typing on the ipad (in safari) and it still wouldn't do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now