Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Fed up fed up fed up!

(66 Posts)
completelysecretposter Tue 05-Apr-05 12:22:13

All right so some of you may laugh at this post, but since getting pregnant I've become a bit more er aware about cleanliness in the bedroom, my DH on the other hand has decided that baths aren't for him (we don't even have a shower) he's stinky! For about a week and a half now all I've been asking him to do is wash one particular part of himself and all he does is get into a great big sulk about it and says 'you'll have to wait for me to have a bath then'.....AAAAAAAARGH!!! Is it too much to ask?! How can I herd him into the bath....he's bigger than me!

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 12:23:12

Put his pillow and a duvet in it and tell him that he either washes in it or he sleeps in it because you're not having his stinky whanger anywhere near you until he does

Titania Tue 05-Apr-05 12:23:34

err....tell him he needs to get used to the bath cos if he doesn't wash he will be sleeping in there!!

bundle Tue 05-Apr-05 12:23:49

yuk. call envrionmental health

vict17 Tue 05-Apr-05 12:24:03

refuse all conjugal rights?

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 12:24:38

Titania pmsl! Great minds, etc

completelysecretposter Tue 05-Apr-05 12:25:58

I like the pillow and duvet idea....Oooh I wonder if he'll read this post and know, I'll be in for it then..(not that he posts on here, don't start accusing wheresmyfroggy and happydaddy lol)

Titania Tue 05-Apr-05 12:26:41

hunkermunker!!

completelysecretposter Tue 05-Apr-05 12:30:54

You guys think its funny but honestly its enough to make me retch!

Titania Tue 05-Apr-05 12:32:27

sorry. didnt mean to offend

have you threatened him with anything?

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 12:32:33

What makes you think I'm joking?! Tell him he's bloody lucky his pillow's not in the shed.

Titania Tue 05-Apr-05 12:33:00

fwiw i dont think its funny at all

vict17 Tue 05-Apr-05 12:34:43

I think it sounds disgusting!! How often does he usually have a bath?

bundle Tue 05-Apr-05 12:35:06

turn the hosepipe on him

expatinscotland Tue 05-Apr-05 12:36:21

i wouldn't have sex w/him until he had a bath. your immune system is somewhat compromised during pregnancy and infections during pregnancy can increase the chance of preterm labour.

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 12:38:25

No, definitely don't have sex with him. Gross. I don't find it funny at all, but don't think that getting angry with him is the way forward - comedy may be a better tack, at least initially. Of course, if he doesn't start having regular baths, angry is a good resort.

completelysecretposter Tue 05-Apr-05 13:04:29

Sorry Titania you didn't offend me it's just so ...scuzzy! I completely refuse to have sex with him in this state, the thought of it is enough to set my morning sickness off again! He used to have a bath once every 2 days, but recently not very often!

lou33 Tue 05-Apr-05 13:29:29

have you told him outright that he stinks? Or has it been hints?

Beetroot Tue 05-Apr-05 13:52:09

Message withdrawn

completelysecretposter Tue 05-Apr-05 13:54:20

I've told him he's stinky he doesn't care! He's not depressed at all, though he is very busy because I'm always exhausted by the time he gets home and the house is always a tip etc etc

Beetroot Tue 05-Apr-05 13:58:00

Message withdrawn

Fio2 Tue 05-Apr-05 14:01:55

sorry this has made me laugh

i think most men are dirty

expatinscotland Tue 05-Apr-05 14:03:36

What do his work colleagues think? He must be pongy in his work as well.

completelysecretposter Tue 05-Apr-05 14:46:22

I think his workmates are kind of used to it TBH! He hates deoderant and he works in a very hot office, when his dad picks him up from work he tells him how wiffy he is, and that's when he bathed loads! Then again the few of them I've met are a bit pongy too!

completelysecretposter Tue 05-Apr-05 14:47:17

I'm beginning to think condoms are my last and only hope!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now