Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can you make me laugh?

(41 Posts)
girlingerrupting Wed 01-Nov-17 05:38:55

I hope that doesn't sound judgy.... anyway my marriage is pretty tough at the moment, I'm working a lot of hours and not seeing my children or friends as much as I'd like. I could really do with getting my sense of humour back anyone with tips most welcome?!?

LEMtheoriginal Wed 01-Nov-17 05:53:37

Not sure how it sounds judgy confused

I don't laugh. Not properly so I can't help. Happen it's overrated. Enjoy the little things. Today I am spending with horses. I am nervous . Not been around them for a while. I'll probably get emotional

girlingerrupting Wed 01-Nov-17 06:46:12

That made me smile actually reminded me of my boys on horses... calm/smiley when they are normally mad!

LEMtheoriginal Wed 01-Nov-17 18:59:56

I didn't laugh today but my heart is well and truly smitten. I suffer from anxiety and the sense of calm I felt around those animals today is beyond description. Just beautiful

girlingerrupting Wed 01-Nov-17 19:22:47

That's so lovely I do think horses are amazing. They really bring out the best in people.

Fekko Wed 01-Nov-17 19:28:55

Hmm. I watched a horribly childish film the other day (makes the outsiders look like Shakespeare) and almost peed myself laughing. DH thought I was going to bust a gasket. I guess it just had to come out. I dont usually laugh at bum and willy jokes.

MistressDeeCee Wed 01-Nov-17 20:26:19

Funny to me maybe won't be to you but, here goes...

OH is a silver fox, has been growing a beard. I don't like it, it's way too big & bushy but it's his face so I say nothing much. We were patiently waiting to get into a parking space today as someone was reversing out, then this elderly man in his nippy little car zoomed into the space. OH calmly said 'excuse me, I was waiting" to which this cantankerous old git bellowed "oh just fuck off, Santa!"

I didn't laugh in front of him or OH but hid myself in the loo the minute I got home.. tears of laughter with my hand over my mouth. I know I should show some solidarity but it was bloody funny. I reckon he may trim that beard nowgrin

MistressDeeCee Wed 01-Nov-17 20:28:04

WTH...why is there a teddy bear under my post?! I didn't even know MN had a teddy icon. It's a Santa conspiracy nervous

Fekko Wed 01-Nov-17 20:28:49

I don't see a teddy. Or a 🎅

girlingerrupting Wed 01-Nov-17 20:41:06

Love santa!! Thought teddy was supposed to be your husband that has made me chuckle. Thanks mistress.

Do you think when we're old we'll be allowed to be rude to everyone?

girlingerrupting Wed 01-Nov-17 20:41:55

What's the name of your film I'm up for low quality laughs...

SleepFreeZone Wed 01-Nov-17 20:43:08

Mistress that made me grin

Fekko Wed 01-Nov-17 20:43:40

I'm sorry to say that by the time we get old we won't be allowed to be cantankerous old biddies who run over people's ankles with shopping trolleys, barge folks out of the way or prod dawdlers with a walking stick. It's a bit disappointing.

margaritasbythesea Wed 01-Nov-17 20:44:57

That made me chortle Mistress. I admire your restraint.

girlingerrupting Wed 01-Nov-17 20:59:53

I intend to count out a purse of coppers to pay for everything even if there's a queue. That's what my granny did.

I also intend flip the bird to aggressive drivers and drive slowly. Possibly in a convertible.

thegoodnameshadgone Wed 01-Nov-17 21:01:14

A baldy cat got on the bus, the driver said “where’s your fare” smile

Fekko Wed 01-Nov-17 21:01:37

I already do # 2

Ollivander84 Wed 01-Nov-17 21:03:11

My cat has a "ribbon face"
This is when he sees any kind of ribbon

Fekko Wed 01-Nov-17 21:04:19

That face! 🙀

Ollivander84 Wed 01-Nov-17 21:13:02

Of course not to be confused with his "I love pork scratchings more than life" face
If this doesn't make you laugh, I give up grin

Fekko Wed 01-Nov-17 22:58:33

Ive never seen such large eyes on a cat!

Gingernaut Wed 01-Nov-17 23:02:45

Did you hear about the couple who committed adultery in a multi-storey car park?

It was wrong on so many levels.

Why did the chewing gum cross the road?

It was stuck to the chicken's foot.

Curiousgeorgey Wed 01-Nov-17 23:09:21

Today I left a shop and seen my car parked with a scratch on the rear. I bent down and started rubbing it with my hand whilst moaning about how could I have not realised I'd done this!

Annoyed I opened the door to put my daughter into her car seat but I discovered it was gone and realised someone must have stolen it and bumped my car and left the scratch!

Then I realised there was someone in the front passenger seat!

Then I realised it wasn't my car and id been rubbing someone elses car and opened their door.

The woman was so confused as I apologised, closed the door and walked away.

I couldn't stop laughing once I got to my car finally!

CowesTwo Wed 01-Nov-17 23:09:21

Man comes home from work, clearly annoyed, and says to his wife: "I just heard that our milkman has shagged every woman on our street" - pauses meaningfully- "except one ..." wife says: "Oh, that'll be that stuck-up cow at No 11."

margaritasbythesea Wed 01-Nov-17 23:14:52

Ollivander those made me cry laughing. ThanKs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now