Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you think he likes me?

(71 Posts)
FoolishAtNearlyForty Sun 03-Jul-16 20:06:47

Please forgive the schoolgirl title, I'm so out of practice with this sort of thing and am working myself into a gibbering wreck. I need some clear-headed advice!

There's a guy I really like at work, I think he likes me too but I can't quite bring myself to believe it - he's younger than me, great personality and bloody gorgeous.

We've known each other a while and have always got on well, but have recently started to spend lunch breaks together quite a lot and have been out after work for drinks a few times, sometimes with a group of colleagues but mainly just the two of us.

He's so lovely with me, he opens doors, buys me drinks (I do reciprocate when he lets me, obviously!), hand on my back when trying to get through a crowded pub, little brief touches etc. But then I think maybe he's just a real gent and I'm reading too much into these things.

We've always had a bit of a flirty banter thing but it's changed somehow, he's quite a confident personality generally but lately he seems shy and a bit awkward around me sometimes.

Anyway, on Friday we went for a quick drink after work and I mentioned I'd be away next week so wouldn't be about - the next thing he's picked up my phone, saved his number for me and called himself.
So now we have each others numbers but I'm too bloody scared to text him without a reason blush

So does any of this sound promising at all or is it all easily explained away as just friends?

windygales Sun 03-Jul-16 20:10:01

Sounds promising but hard to tell. Give him a text if you are keen?

Cynara Sun 03-Jul-16 20:13:03

Definitely promising, why would he do that otherwise? Send a general chatty text. Nothing specific or suggestive. His response will give
you a clear indication of whether to proceed.

windygales Sun 03-Jul-16 20:14:01

Agree, we can check it before you send.

Strawberryjam34 Sun 03-Jul-16 20:24:00

Send it go on! My new attitude is what's the worse that could happen! X

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 03-Jul-16 20:25:58

Go for it, what's the worst that can happen? Life is too short for wondering! Good luck! smile

MadHattersWineParty Sun 03-Jul-16 20:26:21

Yes, I think he does!

If it was me if think bollocks to it and send it, why not.

Londonladybird Sun 03-Jul-16 20:26:51

How exciting! Definitely sounds like he likes you !

FoolishAtNearlyForty Sun 03-Jul-16 20:38:37

Oh god, do you really think I should? What can I say to keep it light? Aaaaagh! I'll put my thinking cap on...

Can't remember how it came up now, but he did drop into conversation that he needs it spelling out to him if someone likes him as he's crap at reading the signs.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 03-Jul-16 20:58:06

Just text and ask if he's having a good weekend or something

Sirona Sun 03-Jul-16 21:00:14

Does sound like it, how exciting!!

Yes text him and report back to us of course grin

IveAlreadyPaid Sun 03-Jul-16 21:07:16

Sounds like he certainly likes you, but isn't sure whether you like him!

Thisisnow16 Sun 03-Jul-16 21:10:08

O God not another one confused. I think if a man likes you he will tell you.

fastdaytears Sun 03-Jul-16 21:12:28

Text him! Doesn't really matter what, just general chit chat.

How exciting!

Sirona Sun 03-Jul-16 21:15:15

Some men can be shy too 16. I remember having a conversation with a man I knew years ago and he admitted he like me back then but was too scared to make a move. I liked him too then. Ahh lost moments, we are happy in our relationships now just funny that neither of us made a move.

merville Sun 03-Jul-16 21:16:23

Sounds positive. If you want to send a text that's a departure from the usual "How's your weekend?" etc. a good one can be to send a picture of something funny/interesting you've seen or are doing with a wry comment.

Paperclip15 Sun 03-Jul-16 22:06:43

Sounds lovely OP! Send him a text that says "Missing me yet?", it could be construed as being flirty or friendly, give it a go grin

Paperclip15 Sun 03-Jul-16 22:07:15

Not sure how I managed to put a line through that hmm

FoolishAtNearlyForty Sun 03-Jul-16 22:49:12

Oh I like that, not sure I'm brave enough though - he'd definitely take it as flirty blush

Thisisnow16 Sun 03-Jul-16 22:58:31

The only advice I would give is ... Just make sure they are single first.

FoolishAtNearlyForty Sun 03-Jul-16 23:11:23

He absolutely IS single smile

windygales Sun 03-Jul-16 23:13:18

Just say something like " you've put your number in my phone id better use it wink

ApocalypseSlough Sun 03-Jul-16 23:16:28

But not now! It's too late, don't know why but seems a bit too flirty to make first contact out of office hours!

FoolishAtNearlyForty Sun 03-Jul-16 23:18:40

Haha, don't worry shan't be sending anything tonight!

windygales Sun 03-Jul-16 23:32:00

Yeah do it in the daytime. He might text you first ?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now