Talk

Advanced search

Dandruff in pregnancy

(10 Posts)
newmumtobe66 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:11:21

Hello, I am experiencing such bad dandruff and dry scalp. I’m 12 weeks pregnant. Has anyone had this and what products did you use to improve it? Thank you

OP’s posts: |
confused107 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:23:43

Hoping on to say I have the same. I'm 13 weeks pregnant. Terrible dandruff and dry skin in general. Hoping to get some recommendations

LexiM Mon 01-Jun-20 10:28:02

I had this around that time in my pregnancy, nothing really helped only massaging oil such as coconut oil, leaving then washing out did a bit. Mine went away after a couple of weeks, I also had dry skin around that time so probably linked. The joys of pregnancy!

MarylandMayhem Mon 01-Jun-20 10:33:26

Head and shoulders Clinical solutions shampoo is what you neeed, it's about £4.99 for the smaller bottle. Not the normal head and shoulders (that's crap).

Cheeseoncheese Mon 01-Jun-20 18:43:27

Yup I had horrible dandruff around this point! It was during the full on lockdown stage, I was avoiding supermarkets and was impossible to get home delivery, so I ended up googling natural remedies... anyway ended up gently scrubbing my scalp with bicarbonate of soda and rinsing with apple cider vinegar (these were the two things I happened to have in the cupboards - I've heard good things about coconut oil as well). Sounds bonkers I know, but cleared it up a treat.

newmumtobe66 Mon 01-Jun-20 21:17:36

Thank you. It’s so bad. My scalp is so itchy so will try different solutions smile

OP’s posts: |
Cismyfatarse Mon 01-Jun-20 21:20:55

Try the MooGoo stuff. Very natural and has transformed my head completely. But direct from them and they send lovely free testers too.

Alychloe Mon 01-Jun-20 21:59:30

Uhh yes!!! Child’s farm shampoo is amazing!! Couldn’t recommend it anymore!

polleeb Mon 01-Jun-20 22:09:15

I found using kids L'Oréal shampoo worked best for me, there is something within the formula to help with cradle cap - I'm assuming this is why it works (maybe not but it definitely helped me anyway)

Sunsage Mon 01-Jun-20 22:44:39

I second Moogoo! It's been great for my dry itchy pregnancy scalp.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in