Talk

Advanced search

27w 6d and alcohol

(46 Posts)
kizzykat86 Sat 04-Nov-17 11:42:32

Hi just wanted to ask people opinions about having 2/3 mini bottles the 187ml of wine on a Friday only nothing the rest of the week it amounts to no more that 7 units would this be ok?

BlackCoconut Sat 04-Nov-17 11:43:53

I personally wouldn't.
But each to their own.

Waitingonasmile Sat 04-Nov-17 11:47:27

I would be well on my way to being drunk after 3 mini bottle of wine, so no I certainly wouldn't. One small glass at 27 weeks is OK but 3 is a bit much.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Sat 04-Nov-17 11:47:46

3 mini bottles is definitely too much. The most I'd have would be one large (250ml) glass of wine.

hendricksyousay Sat 04-Nov-17 11:48:24

I didn’t drink a thing in either pregnancy . What’s the point ??

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Sat 04-Nov-17 11:49:17

If you spaced that much out throughout the week, it'd be just about OK.

Didn't the advice say 1-2 units, once or twice a week?

pastabest Sat 04-Nov-17 11:49:48

I'm pretty relaxed about alcohol and pregnancy but I wouldn't drink that much in one go. Its the best part of a whole bottle of wine, having it as mini bottles doesn't somehow make it less.

I would (and do) stick to one mini bottle in the space of a night.

DancesWithOtters Sat 04-Nov-17 11:50:25

That's 3 large glasses. I think that's a bit much tbh. I'd be pissed.

SemperTemper Sat 04-Nov-17 11:55:36

The guidelines for women who aren't pregnant is 2-3 units in a day. Personally, I'd be quite tipsy after 7 units. I don't think it's sensible to drink that amount when pregnant but your body, your choice, blah blah...

AnUtterIdiot Sat 04-Nov-17 11:57:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ecureuil Sat 04-Nov-17 11:58:42

I had the odd glass of wine in pregnancy but never more than 2 units, and probably once every 2 months.
I would not have 7 units in one sitting.

MrsScareface2 Sat 04-Nov-17 11:58:53

I'd be very tipsy if I had that amount! But it's your choice at the end of the day not here to judge but I wouldn't do it. One glass of champagne in my pregnant and I felt sick so didn't bother again!

ElizabethShaw Sat 04-Nov-17 12:01:01

I would have 1 mini bottle over 2 nights.

7 units a week is too much IMO, and definitely too much in one go.

Old advice was 1-2 units once or twice a week, eg max 4 units in two sittings.

PotteringAlong Sat 04-Nov-17 12:01:20

Are you ok to drink 3 large glasses of wine on a Friday night when you're pregnant?

It's not illegal and it's entirely your choice but in my opinion no, it's definitely not ok.

PeasAndHarmony Sat 04-Nov-17 12:08:22

I would be drunk on that much wine!

I had the odd glass of wine in my pregnancies (eg on my birthday and at a wedding) but it was only one. I would not have felt it was safe to have any more.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 04-Nov-17 12:23:07

I woudnt but that's just me.

mindutopia Sat 04-Nov-17 12:59:09

Personally, no, not in one sitting. I do usually have a few drinks in pregnancy, but never more than one drink a day. So one of those bottles would be fine for me, but not 2-3.

Hannabee123 Sat 04-Nov-17 14:33:49

Apart from the very occasional sip of my partners ale (which usually ends up in my nose wrinkling up in disgust anyway) I haven't really drunk. I'm not going to act all righteous but it's up to you. I would be extremely hesitant to have more than a couple of sips of ale once in a blue moon so that amount of wine would be a nope.

If something happened even if not related to the alcohol consumption I don't think I could ever forgive myself.

Stick to the one or just a glass or what about those wine / lemonade combos (with not alot of wine of course) so it's watered down.

Steeley113 Sat 04-Nov-17 14:37:23

You might as well have a full normal sized bottle 🙄 no it's not ok, it's over the old guidelines. I'm not against the odd drink in pregnancy but that it a lot.

MaryShelley1818 Sat 04-Nov-17 14:41:09

I don't think it's ok either...I love a glass (bottle!) of wine and a cocktail (or 3!) but have drank nothing while being pregnant and 34wks now. It's not that hard to just abstain for a while...

BrioAmio Sat 04-Nov-17 14:49:40

That’s nearly a bottle of wine! I’d be very drunk.

I used to do a mini bottle over two days.

LaBelleSausage Sat 04-Nov-17 14:51:55

If OP was talking about having two thirds of a mini bottle, so 125ml from a 187ml bottle then that’s one small glass and 1.25 units, then I think that’s an ok amount to drink a week when pregnant, but it’s not really worth it.
Just seems easier to go without.

Definitely not ok to have 2 or 3 mini bottles though! I don’t even think one whole one is ok.

ElizabethShaw Sat 04-Nov-17 15:26:26

What do you mean by "not worth it"?

EarlGreyT Sat 04-Nov-17 15:46:58

LaBelleSausage
She’s not talking about that though as she says it’s a total of 7 units.

It’s too much and would be more than recommended in one sitting even if she wasn’t pregnant (as more than 6 units in one day is generally defined as binge drinking).

Girlwiththearabstrap Sat 04-Nov-17 15:50:09

I think it's too much to have in one sitting. If you drink white wine and want more than one drink you could make it into a spritzer? That way one of the mini bottles would last for a couple of drinks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: