Talk

Advanced search

Maternity / feeding bras

(10 Posts)
Itsjustmeanon Fri 28-Dec-12 14:28:37

My bras are all too tight around my chest, and making me breathless. Been checked by doctor and my chest / ocygen levels all fine. I'm on iron tablets, but the breathlessness and tight chest is worse, when wearing a bra. I find my old underwire bras better than the new ones.

Any recommendations for new bras online. I can't face shopping again.

katolla Fri 28-Dec-12 14:38:55

Can you just get a bra extender? They're cheap on eBay. My maternity bras are too tight now but with 4 weeks to go it wasn't worth buying new ones.

Eletheomel Fri 28-Dec-12 14:39:49

I just bought all my maternity/feeding bras from debenhams, they have some in pretty colours, as well as black and white and generally I found them quite comfortable.

I'd imagine they might have a sale on just now (although maternity bras may not feature in it!)

HappySurfWidow Fri 28-Dec-12 14:42:29

Look on figleaves.co.uk, they have LOADS of maternity bras! I love Elle Macpherson ones and they have loads of fastenings at the back so you can let them out loads if needed during your pg and bfding time.

I hope you feel better soon.

Itsjustmeanon Fri 28-Dec-12 14:42:37

Bought two bras in M & S, and another in Debenhams. Will try a bra extender. I'm 33 weeks and meant to be a 36F.

nextphase Fri 28-Dec-12 14:49:40

for nursing bras
Can't fault them.

Never got on with bra extenders, as the hooks were all in different places.

Someone somewhere was saying how great a croptop style one was, not sized, but came in SML. Can see it tho. Maybe someone else can remember?? I wasn't convinced for the larger chests, but might be worth a go

lainey1234 Fri 28-Dec-12 16:45:51

I had similar problems. I've gone from a 34d pre baby to a 36f and still going! Although baby is now 8 weeks! I'm on my third set of feeding bras as I keep spilling out of them. Debenhams have by far been the most comfortable and supportive, good value too. Hope you find a comfy one soon

FuriousRox Fri 28-Dec-12 16:50:25

I have Bravida bras and I love them. Really soft and stretchy but supportive.

rainand Sat 29-Dec-12 09:09:15

I have a bravdo nursing silk bra and love it. Before that I bought a special one from John Lewis and it didn't work. My breasts were very painful before this bra.

Badgerwife Sat 29-Dec-12 10:15:40

Bravissimo are great and comfortable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now