Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby had day old water?!

(78 Posts)
georgeisadinosaur Thu 12-Oct-17 20:58:31

I just accidently gave my 10 month old DC day old water and I'm feeling very guilty!

She has a couple of identical sippy cups and I was out yesterday evening so wasn't here to wash it out/sterilise and her DF must have put a seperate one in the steriliser. I made a new one this morning but have now found the one I made and realised I have given her the old one from yesterday morning all afternoon blush

It was boiled water in a sterilised cup so I am hoping it will be okay but I am worrying a bit, anyone with any experience/knowledge on the risks??

otherdoor Thu 12-Oct-17 20:59:01

She will be absolutely fine.

PotteringAlong Thu 12-Oct-17 21:00:28

What risks? Was it day old water from a dirty puddle?

PotteringAlong Thu 12-Oct-17 21:01:16

I've just registered the boiled water bit. You know that's completely unnecessary, right?

Millybingbong Thu 12-Oct-17 21:01:29

That happens here with milk.
Boak.

Amatree Thu 12-Oct-17 21:02:02

My DS is 10 months and I just give him tap water and don't sterilise the cup. So I'm sure you'll be fine smile I gave up worrying so much once he was crawling to the doormat and licking it blush

Orangedaisy Thu 12-Oct-17 21:02:30

You're supposed to do fresh sterile water every time?! Mine (8 months) just gets water straight from the tap which we change when it's had food backwash.

SuperBeagle Thu 12-Oct-17 21:04:21

I think you need to unclench. Day old water isn't going to do them any harm, and boiling water is absolutely unnecessary.

Strokethefurrywall Thu 12-Oct-17 21:04:48

She.Will.Be.Fine.

pastabest Thu 12-Oct-17 21:04:51

It will be fine.

Why on earth are you boiling water for a 10 month old? Aren't they eating anything they find on the floor and licking your shoes/ the cat's bum like normal children? grin

CoveredInFondant Thu 12-Oct-17 21:06:38

When mine was 18 months, she was drinking out of her outdoor kitchen sink like a cat. You learn to chill out

KatharinaRosalie Thu 12-Oct-17 21:07:53

in a couple of years, you will post this story on the Mumsnet 'Look how PFB I was' threads. Honestly a day old boiled water, what could possibly happen?

Bellabelloo Thu 12-Oct-17 21:09:15

@pastabest ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

OP, I know what itโ€™s like to worry, but like others said, you can use normal tap water now. Sheโ€™ll be fine.

MeatAndPotato Thu 12-Oct-17 21:11:06

โ€œKnowledge on the risksโ€ had me in bulk. She will be fine OP. Is she not licking the floor and licking carpets? You need to chill out!

Taylor22 Thu 12-Oct-17 21:11:45

She will be fine.
Is she your first? I know it's scary and you can see dangers everywhere. It's crazy how much love and desire you have to protect something so small.

But honestly. My second child licked a puddle of water when she was around that age. Mud and all.
She has a cracking immune system.

Mooey89 Thu 12-Oct-17 21:12:35

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Thanks OP. You win PFB of the day award

stopbeingadramallama Thu 12-Oct-17 21:13:40

This made me laugh

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Thu 12-Oct-17 21:13:49

Is there a use by date on your tap?

JWrecks Thu 12-Oct-17 21:13:55

Risks? What are you afraid might happen? Cholera? E coli? From water? Are you in a third world jungle?

OuchBollocks Thu 12-Oct-17 21:14:57

My 7 month old keeps trying to eat his sister's wellies and he's ok. I put him down on a blanket to crawl the other day and when I turned my back for a second he had actually managed to start gnawing on one of the wheels of his buggy. Disgusting baby grin He gets his water from the tap, your baby will be fine.

Tryingtokeepfit Thu 12-Oct-17 21:15:49

You are still sterilising? Do you sterilise all your baby's bowls and spoons too? I'm sure she gets plenty of bacteria from the things she puts on her mouth that have been on the floor.
I really wouldn't worry. Your baby wouldn't have drunk it, if it was bad. A little bacteria is very healthy and creates a healthy immune system.
smile

BrutusMcDogface Thu 12-Oct-17 21:15:52

Haha! Sorry op, but yes, she will be fine! And we've all been there with the pfb-ness some more than others!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

NikiBabe Thu 12-Oct-17 21:16:26

I unpacked my gym bag the next day and took a bottle of warm opened evian out of the bag and put it on the coffee table to be thrown away. Before I could get to throwing it out, my 11 month old nephew picked it up and drank a fair amount from it. He is alive and kicking several years later.

Migraleve Thu 12-Oct-17 21:16:53

Your baby will be fine. Do you really still boil water and sterilise things for a 10 month old though?

BrutusMcDogface Thu 12-Oct-17 21:17:13

Also as of six months you only need to sterilise milk bottles, and nothing else (see above re: licking floors/chewing muddy boots etc etc!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now