(67 Posts)
ggglimpopo Fri 02-Jun-06 12:42:36

Message withdrawn

ggglimpopo Fri 02-Jun-06 12:48:24

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Fri 02-Jun-06 12:49:16

Aw, ggg! Hope it gets better soon!

charliecat Fri 02-Jun-06 12:50:09

You were having a shit day and stupid checkout woman was making it worse. Did they do and get the f*ing freezer bags for you?

Twiglett Fri 02-Jun-06 12:51:21

what the f'ck are you doing?

you're juggling the most stressful job in the world

deep breaths .. it'll be better soon

PS did someone get you freezer bags?

Blackduck Fri 02-Jun-06 12:51:47

ggg from what I know of you from MN and what others have said I'd say what you are doing is trying to be a good mother and partner and not doing a bad job of it actually. So dh was in a bad mood - never mind, so some stupid woman in a supermarket gave you the evil eye - you are not a bad person or mother. Know its tough at the moment, but hang on in there - and (like Cod) I don't usually do this {{}}

ggglimpopo Fri 02-Jun-06 12:52:07

Message withdrawn

Marina Fri 02-Jun-06 12:53:21

You won't get any judging from me, just a sympathetic acknowledgement of your angst gggl. You know how much I love France but I still feel checkout assistants in the Super-U trained at the same off-planet processing plant as UK GPs' receptionists. They can be scathingly rude, especially at the sniff of an English accent.
I am so looking forward to this year's tussle of wills at Carrefour in Cite d'Europe
Courage, brave maman. You are entitled to feel rubbish with everything flying around at the mo, but NOT entitled to think that makes you a rubbish mum.

ggglimpopo Fri 02-Jun-06 12:54:48

Message withdrawn

Marina Fri 02-Jun-06 12:56:35

I rest my case. Hearts like pickled walnuts, the lot of 'em.

ggglimpopo Fri 02-Jun-06 13:00:37

Message withdrawn

Bugsy2 Fri 02-Jun-06 13:02:14

You poor thing. Nasty, mean woman at Carrefour. What a mare you are having at the moment.
Lots of sympathy & very much hoping things get better.

ruty Fri 02-Jun-06 13:15:02

Lol at pickled walnuts Marina. ggg, so sorry you had such a rotten day. Stupid woman. I remember we were in Chambery in a posh [ish] restaurant and my Macedonian dh asked for an English menu. You should have seen the look on the waiter's face. Sheer disgust. I wanted to crawl under the table.

Twiglett Fri 02-Jun-06 13:15:10

can you phone / write to complain or would that be as useful as a chocolate teapot?

ggglimpopo Fri 02-Jun-06 14:39:25

Message withdrawn

serenity Fri 02-Jun-06 14:48:53

fingers crossed this is your whole months allocation of crap events, just all happening in one day. The rest of June will be sunny, happy and carefree. Can't you just find a good reason to shoot over here for a few weeks? Leave them all to it.....

FioFio Fri 02-Jun-06 14:48:58

Message deleted

FioFio Fri 02-Jun-06 14:49:31

Message deleted

wilbur Fri 02-Jun-06 14:57:25

ggg - I can't believe your white goods have got it in for you too. Sorry you are having a cr*ppy day, on top of the other recent cr*ppy days, but I echo what others say in that you are doing a very hard job and have a huge amount on your plate. Have you got anyone who can help you out for a while to give you time to think and realise that things WILL be okay?

HarpsichordCarrier Fri 02-Jun-06 15:00:25

I do that all the time - leave a child at the check out to fetch the thing I have forgotten.

the woman was ROOOOOODE and I would have complained.

poor you it sounds like you are having a miserable time

niceglasses Fri 02-Jun-06 15:03:26

Honestly,why couldn't she have just said she would keep an eye on the baby and your bleedin handbag? Some pple go out of their way to be arsey I think. Poor you. You sound like your doing a fab job with 4 of them.

Wine?

motherinferior Fri 02-Jun-06 15:09:36

I've left mine at the checkout - ffs, probably the safest place in the damn shop...you poor love.

handlemecarefully Fri 02-Jun-06 15:27:41

I've done the same myself whilst I sprinted over to an item on the shelf that I forgot. Hardly crime of the century is it!

meowmix Fri 02-Jun-06 15:47:21

no sorry, I refuse to judge you. You're having what is technically known as a shitstorm. As with rainstorms, brainstorms and sandstorms it'll pass. In the meantime come shelter under the mumsnet umbrella.

Dunno if you've seen Finding Nemo? If so this is a "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" moment. If not, I played the leggy blonde all the boys loved.....

am no good at cyberhugs but here is a special cyber fridge for you. []

ggglimpopo Fri 02-Jun-06 17:28:45

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: