Talk

Advanced search

Starting the journey thread 2

(1000 Posts)
squirrelnutkins1 Tue 14-May-19 21:27:32

So we're nearly at 1000 posts.... setting this up ready for round 2 when the other is full.

I've tagged all the regulars I think (please forgive me if not ❤️❤️❤️) and anyone else who has commented on the thread ever if you'd like to come back and fill us in!

Here's to support and success 🎉💐

@2fingers22018
@VenusStarr
@Kelly199
@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
@CloudSway
@GreyC
@veeboo
@mrsmch123

@bump2be
@ells0204
@claudie86
@nataliejayne26
@trying81
@sl85
@pinkroseuk
@chloeh99
@daisymay25

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 19:49:12

@veeboo hopefully 🤞🏼 xx

@2fingers22018 I did msg to remind her and she replied saying she doesn't recommend upping dosage. Guess I'll have to hope 50 will do the trick! Xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF hope your cold won't last long! Hate having one!! Good luck for tomorrow xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 19:57:01

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF she did say at the 1st appt the pill regulates ur cycles but obvs no point in that if we re trying to conceive she said itd take too long balancing hormones then the injections would mess with them anyway..nuthings ever simple with us lol hope ur cold eases up @Kelly199 that sux keep with it tho i know its hard to not get disheartened but ur not out yet hunhugs

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 20:28:10

@2fingers22018 thank you ❤️

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 09:06:37

@2fingers22018 I’m out of ideas for you then lol I’m sure they can still give you something to start af if they need to!

So had my scan bad news at the mo lining is to thick still and after thinking af has arrived yesterday I have nothing today!! So I’ve got to take some tabs for 5 days and then stop and it should bring af on! Then have to call to arrange another scan so it’s extended the process by another week at least! He started going on about me being pregnant as sometimes eggs drop in ec but it highly unlikely but then thinking back we dtd once when I was a bit tiddly after a night out with friends before starting the fet and looking back it would of been day 14 but I would say highly unlikely but you know when they put that slither of doubt I your mind!! Anyway got the tabs and have taken one already I nearly did buy a test but told myself not to be silly! I am also feeling dreadful still!

Hope everyone else is ok this am

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 09:12:09

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF id honestly take a test before your tabs if i was u

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 09:13:02

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF oh no!! Really? That's strange.. could it be because of the injections?
It's so annoying that this has pushed you back. How thick does your lining need to be?
Did he advise you to test?
Hope everything will sort itself out for you now and nothing delayed any further!! Sending hugs and hope you'll feel better soon xx

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 09:14:36

Yes, @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF I think I'd agree with @2fingers22018 just to be sure. I know you've already taken one tablet, but if you have a test laying around? Xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 09:54:21

@2fingers22018 @kelly199 I’ll have to grab one I haven’t tested in years gave up on it!! Well
My lining is 9mm which in his words is what we want when I’ve started the next stage but I need a good clear out before that to start a fresh he was surprised I’d been taking the injections for nearly two weeks and af! He didn’t say to test though

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 10:03:26

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF maybe just to check, but then again, he surely would've asked you to if he was really concerned?
I see! So they want it to be thin so it can thicken again to what you are at the moment? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 24-May-19 10:31:16

If second and third taking a test. Let's us know! @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF sorry about your scan. Xx

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 10:42:14

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF sorry your going through all this you must be stressed out hugs im the same i dnt think ive tested in about 8months my periods never late enough for me to even begin to think about testing..keep us updated x

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 11:45:18

@kelly199 yes I think because the. Buserelin is shutting everything down once I start taking the progynova that’s when they want it to start getting thicker I think it because they basically want my body to stop so the medication works seems hard work but they recommended a medicated one rather then natural one! Thanks for the support guys just feeling sorry for myself today as not feeling well and now it means at least another week of injections on top of the two weeks I still got! @kelly199 @2fingers22018 and @squirrelnutkins xx

Hope your all ok aswell? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 24-May-19 12:23:34

Big hugs to you. Sorry this road block has come up ☹️ @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF xx

Kelly199 Fri 24-May-19 12:26:20

Sending hugs ❤️ so annoying to have even more obstacles!! Not fair!! Hope everything will work out by the end @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
I'm ok thank you. Just waiting for af Monday so I can start next cycle! Xx

Hope everyone is ok xx

veeboo Fri 24-May-19 13:00:05

Sorry that's thrown a spanner in the works @finallytakingtheplunge. Hope you're still able to relax. Let us know if you decide to test and need to talk about it x

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 15:53:34

Makes you want to scream when shit like this happens its soo bloody frustrating! I suggest a pillow that always helps me lol

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 16:06:23

Im supposed to be heading into my fertile wk but no ewcm which is weird i normally have loads by now tmi!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 24-May-19 18:35:15

Thanks @veeboo!

Not testing as I’ve had some more bleeding so maybe I jist needed to wait a bit longer now I don’t know if I should take the pills and risk bleeding till I stop them and then have an af or not?! Obviously the clinic is now closed feeling very sorry for myself today! I’ve sent DH to the pharmacy to see if o can take anything else for my cold as I’m feeling really unwell! Fancy a bit of a cry of om honest 😢

Hope you all have a lovely weekend you are all so lovely ❤️

2fingers22018 Fri 24-May-19 19:57:15

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF aww have a cry if u need to nuthin wrong with that hun especially with all the meds you ve been takin your bound to feel all over the place. Make sure OH is giving you extra tlc x

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 24-May-19 21:58:32

Awww ☹️ cry if you need to! It's really ok! Xx @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF

Mrsmch123 Sat 25-May-19 15:26:44

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF hope ur feeling better today. I'm feeling sorry for myself also today as our clinic appointment for July got cancelled until September!x

veeboo Sat 25-May-19 15:33:11

Oh @Mrsmch123 that's rubbish. Did they give you a reason? Seems a long time to make you wait. I'd feel pretty fed up too. Hope you've got something nice on this weekend.

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sat 25-May-19 15:38:58

@2fingers22018 thanks xx

@mrsmch123 thankyou am feeling a bit better today!

I am however still bleeding so ma jist thinking of stopping these tablets as af seems to want to appear and it’s quite painful so I’m not sure these tablets are worth taking now!
Sorry your appointment has been cancelled like veeboo says have they said why?

Mrsmch123 Sat 25-May-19 15:57:00

No reason given on the letter. Think I will just phone them every few days to see if I can get a cancellation. It's frustrating because this appointment is us to officially go on the ivf waiting list as we have had all tests (mfi identified but had to do second sperm analysis). They said at our very first appointment that it would be icsi we need.So we would literally be in and out in 5 mins!x

veeboo Sat 25-May-19 21:02:54

Ah @Mrsmch123 what a pain. I'm very sceptical and with these things I wonder if it's an artificial way of managing their waiting lists i.e. they are supposed to give treatment within x months of the referral so if they know they cant meet that are they delaying your referral? 3 months seems a bit much, you might get somewhere if you complain. Fingers crossed for you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.