Talk

Advanced search

Starting the journey thread 2

(1000 Posts)
squirrelnutkins1 Tue 14-May-19 21:27:32

So we're nearly at 1000 posts.... setting this up ready for round 2 when the other is full.

I've tagged all the regulars I think (please forgive me if not ❤️❤️❤️) and anyone else who has commented on the thread ever if you'd like to come back and fill us in!

Here's to support and success 🎉💐

@2fingers22018
@VenusStarr
@Kelly199
@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF
@CloudSway
@GreyC
@veeboo
@mrsmch123

@bump2be
@ells0204
@claudie86
@nataliejayne26
@trying81
@sl85
@pinkroseuk
@chloeh99
@daisymay25

Kelly199 Tue 14-May-19 22:02:26

@squirrelnutkins1 ❤️❤️

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 14-May-19 22:04:24

Thanks @squirrelnutkins xx

GreyC Tue 14-May-19 22:26:18

❤️

veeboo Wed 15-May-19 14:11:05

Thanks for setting up @squirrelnutkins1. Thread one saw us through a lot. All my tests! I am so glad I found this thread.

squirrelnutkins1 Wed 15-May-19 16:50:36

Definitely! Sooo glad we can all support each other xxx @veeboo

2fingers22018 Thu 16-May-19 20:14:29

Hi girls thanks @squirrelnutkins1 that mustve took ALOT of effort looking through all the posts lol😚

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 16-May-19 22:23:26

Took a while 😂 @2fingers22018

Kelly199 Fri 17-May-19 13:51:10

1k posts ladies 😱!!!

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 17-May-19 14:42:02

Wowsers! Can't believe we filled a whole thread!!! Xx

Mrsmch123 Fri 17-May-19 15:06:29

Wow that's mad!womdering if anyone can help...we had our second sperm analysis and they said that the results would be sent to the acu as they requested the sample.will be able to phone for the results?as our appointment isn't until July??thanks x

Kelly199 Fri 17-May-19 15:56:00

@Mrsmch123 yes, I'd give them a call. They should be able to give you the results over the phone. They did with my DP and then he just called in for a printout so I could see the results with what was what etc. Xx

Mrsmch123 Fri 17-May-19 17:25:06

That's great thanks x

2fingers22018 Fri 17-May-19 17:42:10

@CloudsSway thanks for bringing us all together lol😚

VenusStarr Fri 17-May-19 18:12:08

Gah, just typed a reply on the old thread... So my reply is out of sync... Sorry!

@squirrelnutkins1 and @Kelly199 my scan is 6th June, the hsg I need to book when af arrives, so sometime in June I'd imagine, hysterscopy is 15 August. Then back at the clinic in early September.

I'm seeing the counsellor again in 2 weeks. She discussed trying guided relaxation but said she'd bring me some resources next time.

@Kelly199 are you a similar cd to me? How you getting on?

@squirrelnutkins1 it's tough when you're waiting. Glad you've got something nice planned this evening. Hopefully they steer away from baby / children questions. We're off to do an escape room tomorrow which should be good.

I've sidestepped a group friend meet up, my closest friend suggested everyone meet at the equivalent of a wacky warehouse 🙄 I politely declined. Internally I'm just thinking wtf?!

What's everyone else got planned for the weekend? X

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Fri 17-May-19 18:22:39

Wow a 1k done!!

Sorry I did read through but it’s hard to write a reply when I can’t scroll up to see the other comments!

All those that aren’t feeling great big hugs!

Those with appointments coming through scary but exciting times it’s another step closer! I know you want it to happen naturally but at least you are moving forward with help xx

@kelly199 I’m ok thanks injections are fine just wondering when af will show should be any day now however o don’t have my usual symptoms but I’m guessing that may be because the medication is shutting down those kind of things! Only symptom is spotty skin! How are you?

@venusStarr love am escape room! Just seen it’s you with the appointments least you know they are there and not to far away xx

Me and dd are going on a horse riding hack tomorrow which I am really looking forward to!!

Hope everyone else is ok xx

CloudSway Fri 17-May-19 21:31:32

Haha thanks @2fingers22018 😍 I'm so pleased I took the plunge and made the thread, wouldn't be without you ladies now!

Hope the escape room is good! No plans this weekend, just chilling and packing for my hol in a week (So excited!). Had a call from the clinic about DHs sa, but it was a little confusing so I'll let you know what it said when it's emailed through. Until then we are just going to eat drink and watch Eurovision lol. Have a good weekend all x

2fingers22018 Sat 18-May-19 13:10:59

@VenusStar whats a wacky warehouse lil

GreyC Sat 18-May-19 14:31:09

I’m all good ladies; AF here which is giving me awful tension headache at the base of my head.
I went to see take that last night and it was incredible!!!

VenusStarr Sat 18-May-19 15:01:15

😂 @2fingers22018 essentially a pub with a massive kids play area, on a Saturday afternoon... Its a no from me

squirrelnutkins1 Sat 18-May-19 15:16:41

I don't blame you!!! @VenusStarr have you got something nice planned instead?

Sorry about AF @GreyC glad you had fun last night!

2fingers22018 Sat 18-May-19 18:25:06

@GreyC i luv a gd gig i was a massive take that fan when i was younger never seen them live, glad u enjoyed it @VenysStar dnt think we have them up here so adults can go in the play area? Not gonna lie id prob luv that i took my nephews to a trampoline park think i liked it more than them😂

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sat 18-May-19 20:03:17

Evening all! So the side effects have started I believe! Woke up last night with a night sweat! Then hot flushes for most of the morning seem to off settled down for the moment! Hope it’s not like that every day for the next 3 weeks not sure how I’ll cope!!
@2fingers22018 lol it’s not so much for the adults however I think they allowed in there to help the small ones get around 😂 but would be good if it was for adults 😂😂
@cloudSway sounds like you have it all planned out!

veeboo Sun 19-May-19 10:41:35

Hi all hope everyone is okay. I'm in the fertile window now so hoping for a productive month. Me and DP both seem fairly calm about it so far but still time for me to stress that we cant/haven't dtd enough.

@finallytakingtheplungewithivf how are you feeling today? Sorry for my ignorance but what are the next stages of the process for you now? I am a bit unfamiliar. When will they transfer and what happens in the run up?

squirrelnutkins1 Sun 19-May-19 11:03:28

Same for me @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF sorry if you're repeating yourself 🙈 hope you're feeling a bit better today xx

squirrelnutkins1 Sun 19-May-19 11:06:13

@veeboo all the best for this month! I'm on day 18 and according to my app this is my most fertile day but I don't believe it lol! Managed to dtd every other day since day 8 and will continue all this week so hopefully we'll have covered all bases 🙏🏻
We've booked a little hol for a few weeks time so got something nice to look forward to 😊 x

veeboo Sun 19-May-19 12:12:55

Well done @squirrelnutkins1 sounds like you've done all you can. Glad you've booked in things to look forward to. We go on holiday in July but that feels too far away!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sun 19-May-19 12:32:06

@veeboo I’m feeling ok had a good sleep but my mood is pretty grim think af should be here soon! That’s ok next Friday I have a scan to check the buserelin I am taking has shut down my ovaries (like a temporary menopause) if they have them I can start taking progynova which is the HRT so is oestrogen I then will have another scan 7/8 days after that and if all is well I can start taking the progestogen pessaries 5 days before transfer all the while I will still be injecting with the buserelin so about another 3weeks before transfer!

Good look for your fertile window fingers crossed for you!

@squirrelbutkins sounds like you’ve had a productive month fingers crossed for you too

VenusStarr Sun 19-May-19 16:38:03

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good weekend.

The escape room was really good fun, we made it out smile wish it was a bit longer with more tasks to do. It was a really good distraction too. We went for a couple of drinks after too, was nice just to do normal stuff. We haven't told the friends we went with about the miscarriage so there was no pressure too.

@squirrelnutkins1 well done for dtd every other day and beyond smile keeping my fingers crossed for you 🤞 we definitely flagged towards the end. Hoping we're in with a shot. Af due sometime next weekend. Kind of resigned to it arriving.

@veeboo happy fertile week smile

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF how do you remember everything? I'm panicking that I'm going to miss appointments. Sorry to hear you're having some rough symptoms.

@2fingers22018 I think if I was with my niece and nephew that type of place would be OK. Really struggling with other people's children at the moment, awful as that sounds sad

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Sun 19-May-19 19:33:32

@venusstarr glad you enjoyed the escape room I keep meaning to sort another one out! Glad you had a nice time out with no pressure must of been nice x

I think I’m a bit ocd when it comes to the treatment plan I like to know what I’m doing when so I can focus on getting to the next stage rather then looking to far m! Also they do give you your plan so that you know when your doing what and how much to do so you should t need to worry about that! Appointments well haven’t got to many to remember this time just two scans hopefully! Thank you I had a great sleep last night though so maybe it was just a one off!

squirrelnutkins1 Sun 19-May-19 22:42:57

I know what you mean, it does get a bit tiring (and boring) tbh! Positive thoughts to you xxx @VenusStarr

I don't know why I've just done it but just been sat on MN for like an hour looking at loads of 'line eyes' threads. Why!?! No idea why I'm torturing myself!? Crazy behaviour 🙈

veeboo Mon 20-May-19 10:54:53

Oh @squirrelnutkins1 I've been known to lurk on the pregnancy boards daydreaming...totally normal I think but probably not very healthy or productive!

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 20-May-19 11:12:04

@veeboo glad it's not just me blush you're right, totally unhealthy!

How is everyone today? Everyone have a good weekend? We stuffed ourselves silly when we went out 🐷 back on slimming world today lol! No baby questions so that's good!

veeboo Mon 20-May-19 11:52:10

That's good @squirrelnutkins1. I have a hen do coming up on 31st with school friends I dont see regularly. I am dreading the 'are you trying' questions. I'm tempted to just lie and say no!

Mrsmch123 Mon 20-May-19 13:01:59

Hi everyone, tried to phone for husbands sperm results but they refused to give them out over the phone and won't print it either for us to collect!said we have to wait until July when we have our clinic appointment!!

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 20-May-19 13:46:51

@Mrsmch123 has OH tried ringing for the result? It's probably for confidentiality reasons they won't give them to you. I couldn't get my OHs results they had to speak to him directly.

Mrsmch123 Mon 20-May-19 14:05:17

The receptionist said it's by consultation only but will get him to give them a ring and see if they tell him🤦🏻‍♀️It's so frustrating!x

Kelly199 Mon 20-May-19 17:00:45

@VenusStarr hope your appts will come around quickly for you so you can move forward and hope the counselling will help you too.
I'm CD20 today, 8dpo. What cd are you now?
I'm feeling quite crap lately. Just feeling really negative about everything (I know I shouldn't and there's others in worse situations!!) I'm just feeling deflated with everything and just got in my head that clomid isn't going to work. Should be thankful I have options!!
Lol at the wacky warehouse.
How are you anyway? Hope you're doing ok.
Glad you enjoyed the escape room. I've always been in two minds whether to do them or not lol. Should try one, but think I'd panic too much pop (even though I know I'd be let out either way lol). xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF glad infections are going ok. Has your af arrived yet?
Hope you enjoyed horse riding with your dd xx

@CloudSway I'm also so glad you made this thread!! Hope you'll have a nice hol!! Something exciting to look forward to Xx

@GreyC Sorry af giving you bad headaches!! Hope you're ok now xx

@squirrelnutkins1 Wish you the best of luck for this month!! Hope your hol will be here before you know it so you can have something to enjoy.
I know what you mean with the 'line eyes' threads. I do it too. Why? I don't know either!! 🙈 xx

@Mrsmch123 That's terrible!! Sorry they were like that! It's so different everywhere. Some don't seem fair at all! Yes, worth a try with your oh giving them a call. Hope they will give them to him xx

@2fingers22018 how are you? xx

Kelly199 Mon 20-May-19 17:01:06

Hope everyone else is ok too. Sorry if I've missed anyone! Xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Mon 20-May-19 17:47:25

@squirrelnutkins your not on your own I do it sometimes too!!

@kelly199 sorry your feeling negative it is hard work trying to be positive all the time. Hugs to you xx no af hasn’t arrived yet have just emailed the clinic to find out if it should be on time or not as I have my scan on friday and as much as I’m sure they’ve seen it all before I’m going to be mortified if it’s cd1 or 2!! Yes we had a really lovely time thankyou!

Hope everyone else is ok xx

2fingers22018 Mon 20-May-19 17:55:37

@Kelly199 hi u should give the escape rooms ago its such a laugh..sorry your feelin down we re always here if you need a rant god knows i do enough ranting for everyone lol we re only human bound to have gd days and bad days x

Kelly199 Mon 20-May-19 18:14:14

@2fingers22018 @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF thanks ladies! I'm glad to have this thread to come and speak my mind!
@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF yeah, they prob used to it. I'd be the one to ring and check though too, so don't worry! Xx

@2fingers22018 I will give it a go!! I know, thank you. Nice to have you all XX

2fingers22018 Mon 20-May-19 18:36:00

@Kelly199 i think deep down i was gettin my hopes up that my hycosy would be the answer its hard not to pin your hopes onto the clomid but the gd news is your not out yet x

veeboo Mon 20-May-19 18:36:05

@finallytakingtheplungewithivf if it helps I had an internal ultrasound when I was on. They didn't bat an eye.
@kelly199 I'm sorry you're feeling down. Being in the tww is the most frustrating time. You don't know the clomid hasn't worked until it hasn't. You've got a few more goes. As hard as it is try and not worry about the next bit until you get there. Have you got any nice plans for the weekend?

Kelly199 Mon 20-May-19 18:54:33

@2fingers22018 hard isn't it? I thought the same. Given that I'd had a recent hycosy and on the clomid and everything seems to be working. I know they're not magic pills, but I still felt positive. I know it's only cycle 2 on the clomid, but no symptoms so not very hopeful for this month. I know some people say it's possible to have no symptoms, but then see loads of others have symptoms and bfp by now! Think I'm just having one of those days lol xx

@veeboo thank you. I know, I do still have 4 more months of clomid so hopefully one will be successful (if not this month!!).
Nothing planned for wknd. Have had today and tomorrow off work though, so that's nice.
How are you? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 20-May-19 19:08:07

@Kelly199 big hugs to you xxx I wish I could wave a magic wand and give us all what we want xxx

2fingers22018 Mon 20-May-19 19:16:58

@Kelly199 its soo hard to stay upbeat all the time ive gave up on that i just let myself feel what im feeling and try to think tomorrows a fresh day @squirrelnutkins1 i know me too ❤if we knew itd happen in so many yrs it wouldnt be soo hard its the not knowing that drives me insane x

2fingers22018 Mon 20-May-19 19:18:41

Im foning the hospital 2morro to see where i am on the waiting list fx its gd news i really need something to keep me going here wish me luck ladies💗

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 20-May-19 19:26:13

@2fingers22018 that's it down to a tee, the not knowing is terrible. Then your mind goes all over the place and I'm thinking I got to be pregnant for a couple of weeks, is that my turn done now? Urgh it awful. Totally agree that you need to let yourself feel what you need to.
Ooh exciting, let us know how you go! Xx

veeboo Mon 20-May-19 19:35:29

That's good advice @2fingers22018.

I'm cd15 now. 2nd day of flashy smiley on clearblue opk. We dtd Saturday and then used the home insemination kit Sunday. Going to break today and then try again for next few days in a row. I think Ovulation will probably be weds. We're going to see a comedy show weds eve and its DP's birthday on the weekend so we've got a nice meal planned.

2fingers22018 Mon 20-May-19 20:10:03

@veeboo thanks! gd to have something to look forward to at the weekend ive not been to a comedy club in a while..

veeboo Mon 20-May-19 20:39:17

Let us know how you get on with your call @2fingers22018. Sending positive thoughts.

GreyC Mon 20-May-19 22:26:27

Hi everyone; spent most of yesterday fast asleep warding a migraine off so just caught up on all of you!

I hope everyone is well and had a good Monday!
@Squirrelnutkins1 - I would love to wave a magic wand too and give us all what we want. We will all get there though! Positive thinking (I say but I can be the most negative person ever sometimes!)

Kelly199 Mon 20-May-19 22:55:49

@squirrelnutkins1 thank you ❤️ I know, me too. Hope you're ok xxx

@2fingers22018 I think that's a good thing to do. It is just too hard to try and put a smile on my face all the time and be positive! Thank you. Agree with you too, the not knowing is the worst!
Really hope it will be soon for you when you call. Wish you the very best of luck ❤️ xx

@veeboo hope ovulation will be here for you soon. Good you got things planned around the time. Hopefully it will help to relax as you'll just be enjoying yourselves. Hope you'll have a good time xx

@GreyC hope you're feeling better now! Xx

veeboo Tue 21-May-19 18:50:28

How is everyone doing? How was the call @2fingers22018?

Does anyone else spend their fertile window and tww working out their due date, when theyd get bfn and how many weeks they would be at every big event coming up? please tell me it's not just me!

2fingers22018 Tue 21-May-19 20:03:24

@veeboo me too😳 i didnt fone had to stay on at work and im also doin my usual postponing the enivtable

veeboo Tue 21-May-19 20:40:33

@2fingers22018 hope you're okay. Only call if it will make you feel better. No pressure. Still no positive opk here. CD16 now. I thought my cycles were getting regular but been longer since I had hsg. Fx it comes soon.

2fingers22018 Tue 21-May-19 20:56:45

@veeboo thanks fx u get a +tomorrow..no i need to fone tomorrow ive got a really bad habit of putting things off gets me nowhere. I think if i have a date to work towards it might help im just scared the waiting list is worse than they anticipated uuuggh

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Tue 21-May-19 21:24:09

@veeboo not so much anymore I use to! However as et gets closer I am no working out dates as we are away with family in July and everyone likes a drink including me which I obviously won’t be able to do if it works so thinking how would I hide it would I tell them early and then I’m like hang on a min it’s not something I need to worry about just yet lol! Still can’t help my self though!

@2fingers22018 there no pressures only need to do it if like veeboo says it makes you feel better!

I am fed up today it’s day 10 for me on injections af is still not here and the lower half of my face has broke out in the most painful spots ever!!! So am feeling very self conscious!

Hope everyone else is ok? Xx

2fingers22018 Tue 21-May-19 21:31:36

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF aww i hate spots they make you feel soo paranoid try tea tree always works on mine x

Kelly199 Tue 21-May-19 22:57:39

@veeboo yes, I'm guilty for this!!
Hope you'll have your +opk soon!!

@2fingers22018 hope you're ok. Hope the call tomorrow will be better news for you. Fingers crossed that waiting list isn't as bad as you think (even though it's crap waiting at all!!). Sending hugs and I hope you'll have a positive phone call tomorrow 🤞🏼 xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF will it have an impact on anything with when your af arrives or doesn't it matter? Either way, hopefully it'll come soon and the spots will go soon too. As @2fingers22018 said, try tea tree, that is good stuff!!
Hope you're still doing ok with the injections xx

Hope everyone is ok xx

veeboo Wed 22-May-19 06:22:05

Morning all. Positive opk today. After managing to dtd 2 days in a row we haven't since Sunday so DP needs to get cracking now lol.

@finallytakingtheplunge I'm with Kelly I am not sure how AF arriving impacts your treatment but hope it comes soon for you. I am absolutely the same worrying about whether it will clash with an event etc. I did just that last month about a hen do that's coming up and obviously my AF came anyway!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Wed 22-May-19 08:12:42

Thanks @2fingers22018!

@kelly199 and @veeboo I don’t either might ring the clinic as the nurse I emailed on Monday hasn’t replied! I guess I can’t start the next part on till af has been as need my lining to be thin and everything shut down I believe which means it will be longer then anticipated to get to et! Well that’s what I’m guessing for the moment which means more injections 😩

Hope everyone is ok his am? Xx

Kelly199 Wed 22-May-19 08:29:33

@veeboo glad for your +opk!!! Good luck!! Xxx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF aww no!!! Hopefully that won't be the case/as bad as you're thinking. It's so typical!! The times we want it to arrive, it's always late!!! Hope it'll come soon for you. Let us know what the clinic say xxx

Hope everyone is ok and has a good day xx

CloudSway Wed 22-May-19 11:51:20

@finallytakingtheplungewithivf Oh no! Have you called and got any answers yet?

Same question @2fingers22018, have you made the call? Don't put yourself under too much pressure, but like you said you might feel better if you have a bit of certainty about when it might be, even if it's far away at least you know where you are? It's tough. Good call on the comedy club methinks!

So after trying opks for first time I only got one day of smiley face instead of the 2 I think you should get. Along with this I finally got my AMH back and it was 13.3, and apparently 10-50 is about usual for my age group. I know that means I'm just about in average but the two things combined have made me get a bit stressy as originally was told it's just mf we're dealing with. 🙁
Speaking of which we got the miOXSYS results back for dh and on the plus side the motility and number of sperm looks better but the morphology is the main issue, and they have suggested 3 months strict diet/keeping 'things' cool then if need be they can look closer at DNA fragmentation because otherwise risk of miscarriage is higher. Got our consultation on Friday and all this is making me uber anxious as I'd assumed ours was a crap but simple issue...

veeboo Wed 22-May-19 12:01:38

Hi @CloudSway so sorry you're feeling anxious! I dont know what AMH means I'm sorry so not sure about the numbers. What does it measure?

In terms of opks if you got a flashing smiley then you got the LH surge which has to happen for ovulation so dont read too much into that. I get different variations month on month in terms if how many days it shows. What may help now is measuring the time between the positive and AF. That will give you your luteal window which should stay the same each month and help you predict future cycles better.

2fingers22018 Wed 22-May-19 12:40:44

Hate to be gross and i know your prob not in the mood atm @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF but have sex i know theres prob no logic to it but that brings on af for a lot of ppl when its overdue

2fingers22018 Wed 22-May-19 12:43:55

@CloudsSway i only get 1day of smiley face aswell so the gd news is you do ovulate i agree with@veeboo that will help you soo much with knowing when your periods genuinely so it is some gd news. All the tests are very stressful tho take care x

2fingers22018 Wed 22-May-19 12:44:31

*genuinely late

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Wed 22-May-19 14:33:45

So was waiting to call at lunchtime @kelly199 and CloudSway bit the nurse I had emailed have s replied I feel a bit better but it’s a bit Vague for me lol! She said everyone different and that I may well get af which will shed the lining up to day 21 but not to worry it might come in the next few days but my scan Will confirm where I am! So I’m happy that I can go for my scan I think it’s hard to feel like something happening when you don’t get to see your ovaries every other day grin! To me it wasn’t a definitive answer as to weather I would get af but will wait till Friday and will ask questions as I want to get on with the next step of tablet taking!

@2fingers22018 yeah might have to try that!

@cloudsway I think your only meant to get one? I’m not sure about amh either so can’t offer an advice! I think we have morphology issues but no one has mentioned issues of here being a higher risk of miscarriage might have to look on to that!

CloudSway Wed 22-May-19 15:29:12

@finallytakingtheplungewithivf @veeboo @2fingers22018 oh thanks, because it says on the pack you get 2 days I panicked! Honestly it's like I look for thinks to get worked up about, I dive myself mad, always go straight to worst case scenario, sorry guys and thanks for the chill pill lol.

@veeboo the amh is to do with how much of a certain hormone you have , which indicates what your egg reserve is like (if I'm understanding what they told me correctly). The number goes down as you get older because you have fewer eggs left, so just a bit shocked that at 31 I'm right at the bottom of what is acceptable. I should be grateful as it means I have eggs and the opk means I'm ovulating, but every new bit of info seems like another hurdle.

Think I'm just in one of those shitty moods today. I'll be more positive tomorrow!

squirrelnutkins1 Wed 22-May-19 16:01:24

I wouldn't overly worry about AMH tbh, because I was told that your levels fluctuate and can be higher or lower depending on stress etc..... which to me is totally bonkers because as far as I understand it's a measure of your egg reserve, so how can that possibly go up? I had it tested years ago randomly, think it was in error and it was very low but last time I had it done it was ok!? Happy to be told I'm wrong tho and that I've misunderstood! @CloudSway

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF is your scan on Friday then? Hope af arrives pronto so you can crack on with your next steps 😊

@2fingers22018 did you phone the clinic? Xx

@veeboo Hooray for your positive 🎉

@Kelly199 hope you're feeling a little brighter today.

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Hope everyone is having a lovely sunny Wednesday xxx

2fingers22018 Wed 22-May-19 16:22:33

Thats alrite @CloudsSway u dnt need to be positive all the time we understand. I always think the worst case scenarios i sed to think it was a bad thing but now i say expect the worse anything less is a bonus, 9 out of 10 times i end up pleasantly surprised lol

veeboo Wed 22-May-19 17:41:18

Thanks for explaining @CloudSway. Maybe we can flip this one on its head...all signs suggest you've ovulated!

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Wed 22-May-19 20:26:45

@cloudsway I think it means that when you get the smile your two most fertile days are up to 48 hours after! I went through a lot of these! Hope that helps abit

@squirrelnutkins yes my scan is Friday so least I’ll have a better idea of what’s going on once that is done just feel a bit in limbo

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 08:32:17

@CloudSway think the other ladies have already said, but a flashing smiley indicates high fertility and a static smiley indicates peak fertility which then means you will ovulate within the next 24-36 hours (dependant on when the LH surge started as you may have tested during the beginning or the end). Don't have a clue about AMH, but I'm so sorry to read that it's bad news. Have you spoken to anyone in depth about this to see if there's anything you can do to improve your chances? Have you read the book "It Starts With The Egg"? It will give you advice on how to improve for both you and your partner. Worth a read. Hope you're ok xx
(Just read further up about what amh is! Would definitely read the book if you already haven't. Don't suppose it's for everyone, but it does say how to improve egg quality and it's all backed by scientific research, so if you have low egg reserve, you could improve the quality of the ones you have to give you the best chance!) xx

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF glad you had the email! It is horrible when they're vague as you just want to know all the info! You could always call in addition to the email to get some more answers.
That seems to be good news then! Good luck with your scan Friday too Xx

@squirrelnutkins1 I'm ok thank you. Feeling a little better today! How are you? Xx

@veeboo how are you? Xx

@2fingers22018 how are you? Have you phoned/are you going to? xx

Hope everyone else is ok and has a good day xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 11:50:33

I foned my appts the beginning of july im soo happy! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel😄 @Kelly199 glad you feel better today hun @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF We ve already had our initial consultation and hycosy this is for us to actually start the IVF do you remember what they go through at the 1st appt i just want to be as mentally prepared as i can be x

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 11:53:27

@2fingers22018 great news!!! I bet you're so glad you called now. So so pleased for you.
Thank you, me too!
Wish you the best of luck with the process and I hope July hurries for you xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 11:59:31

@Kelly199 thanks hun ur always soo nice❤ what cd are you on now?

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 23-May-19 12:18:21

@2fingers22018 wahooooooo!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 12:21:55

@2fingers22018 thank you ❤️
CD27 11DPO. Sure the other day I said the date as my cycle day lol. Af supposed to be on Monday xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 23-May-19 13:02:00

Afternoon all

Well Af arrived to day finally so I can stop worrying about that! Not looking forward to the scan tomorrow so much now but just have to keep telling myself they use to it!

So pleased for you @2fingers22018 l!! Well after our initial appointment we have a consultation with a fertility nurse where we went through all the convent forms, I was given my treatment plan and shown how to do the injections oh and as we had all the test done at the gp we had to take all that info for her to look through! It was then a case of just asking any questions you have! I’m not sure if it’s the same for nhs but that’s what happened for us! It was then a case of the meds getting delivered and then picking when we started really! Hope this helps

@kelly199 oh not long! How are you feeling any symptoms?

Hope everyone else is ok? Xx

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 23-May-19 13:02:12

Glad you're ok hun @Kelly199 I'm ok too 😘

So I'm feeling a bit confused... when I had my day 21 bloods done a few months ago I had one on day 20 and another on day 26. The result for day 20 was 50 something and the result for day 26 was 140 something. The nurse thought I possibly released two eggs that month.

I'm on cd 22 at the mo so I'm thinking we do still need to dtd every other day until the end of the week in case I'm a late ovulater.

Does this make sense/sound right!?

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 13:29:36

@squirrelnutkins1 thanks hun💗yh dtd as much as yous can cover all bases @Kelly199 the dreaded tww i hate when its at the wkend feel like it gives me more time to stress over it especially if im off work hope it goes by quick for u x @FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF i think they should have all our info bloods SA etc on the computer i might ask the gp for a print out just to be on the safe side you know what nhs computers are like lol always some sort of mix up or delay. The gynaeo said we could get an appt for questions explaining ivf or do the research ourselves skip that appt and get the IVF put through quicker so i went with that option fx they just go through our treatment plan then and sort out meds. Nothings ever that simple or quick tho lol

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:30:55

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF glad your af has arrived! One less thing to worry about.
I know it's not nice for you, but I bet it happens so much more than we think! Try not to worry.
Im ok thank you. Nothing. Only last couple of days had the odd mild twinge every now and then, but I had that a lot last month and bfn. Have done test and bfn too. Messaged my consultant to see if upping the dose would increase chances or as I'm already ovulating, whether this isn't advisable due to possible overstimulation. She said she'd check today for me when she replied last night, but haven't heard anything yet. Don't like to keep on in case she's just busy Xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 13:32:45

Just thinking on our appt id be in the tww wonder if we ll have to wait until the start of a new cycle to start meds?🤔

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:33:48

Sorry @squirrelnutkins1 must've scrolled past your message!!
Glad you're ok. Those were high!! I would def dtd every other day just to make sure you're covered. Can't go back. Wish you luck!! Xx

@2fingers22018 thank you. I know, it is horrible. Just the not knowing waiting game!!
Hope your day is going good after hearing the good news!! Xx

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:37:20

@2fingers22018 is it worth ringing and asking? I know it's crazy because you've obviously been trying for so long and it would be ironic if you fell pregnant, but I suppose you could decide perhaps not to dtd before your appt so you would definitely not be pregnant? Or dtd and try and wait out the tww then start the medications? Worth ringing and finding out as you can decide from there then and see what they advise.
Don't worry about it though xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 13:43:27

@Kelly199 yh i think al wait until i get the letter through in the post it might have more info on it. I dunno when theyd tell me to start injections/meds i dunno if itd need to b the start of a new cycle anyway, soo much to think about lol if your consultant doesnt phone back before the afternoon id phone her as you said she might be busy but you need to know.

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 13:51:43

@2fingers22018 yeah it should have all the info on! Hopefully everything will all work out for you anyway.
I know! She's given me her personal number so I just text. That's why I feel bad lol. She only gave it initially for test results. I don't message though other than for previous test results, so I don't suppose I should feel that bad lol xx

veeboo Thu 23-May-19 14:04:39

Great news @2fingers22018. @kelly199 I am good thanks. Hope you're doing okay in the tww. Are you planning on testing?

Kelly199 Thu 23-May-19 14:10:34

@veeboo glad you're ok. Yes, I'm ok thank you. I have already tested. Yesterday had bfn, so very doubtful xx

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 23-May-19 14:13:31

@2fingers22018 will depend on which protocol your on! If short you would start on the first day of full flow if long I think it will be cycle day 21 like I’m doing for my fet as you need to down reg hope that helps xx

veeboo Thu 23-May-19 16:30:52

I'm really sorry @kelly199 hope you're doing okay. Fingers crossed it was a bit early for you x

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 17:06:35

@Kelly199 that was nice of her id just message at the end of the day and say sorry dnt want to bug you but im sure she knows that you dont message her a lot and wont mind gd luck keep us updated x

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 17:09:11

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVf thanks im soo glad your on this thread you know more than me lol

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 17:12:22

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF are your cycles 28days long tho mine are 35-42 days long so im assuming that would affect things aswell

squirrelnutkins1 Thu 23-May-19 18:11:29

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF we posted at the same time so missed yours! Glad af is here so things can get moving. All the best for your scan tomorrow xx

2fingers22018 Thu 23-May-19 18:13:09

@FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF yh gd luck hun

FinallytakingtheplungewithIVF Thu 23-May-19 18:33:58

@2fingers22018 yes they are! I would imagine as yours are longer they might put you on birth control for a month don’t take my word for it I think I’ve read it somewhere!!

Thanks for the well wishes @squirrelnutkins @2fingers22018

To top it off I have a stinking cold ☹️

This thread is not accepting new messages.