Talk

Advanced search

If there were one food stuff that you wish your child would eat...

(77 Posts)
codswallop Thu 25-Sep-03 14:29:10

I wish ds1 would revert to eating ham and ds2 would eat potato

Chinchilla Thu 25-Sep-03 14:31:04

I wish my ds would eat the food I cook for him! I'm a good cook, honestly (although in my present jippy stomach state, I hesitate to actually think about food).

beetroot Thu 25-Sep-03 14:33:30

Message withdrawn

Northerner Thu 25-Sep-03 14:36:34

I wish my ds would eat broccoli.

Not too much to ask is it?

Chinchilla Thu 25-Sep-03 15:39:16

Mine won't eat anything green

Podmog Thu 25-Sep-03 15:51:18

Message withdrawn

kayleigh Thu 25-Sep-03 15:59:27

My ds1 started off quite picky. At 5 he has turned into a really good eater. But ds2 (age 2) will not eat ANY veg or ANY fruit. I try not to get too worked up about it as ds1 only started eating a variety of fruit in the last year or so. So I am hoping this will change as ds2 gets older.

How comes if ds1 does something REALLY stupid/dangerous ds2 will copy him. But if ds1 shows him how to eat a piece of sweetcorn or a grape ds2 just will not follow..... typical

dinosaur Thu 25-Sep-03 16:25:59

I wish DS1 would eat pasta cos DS2 loves it but if DS2 has pasta we have to make a completely different tea for DS1 (actually he just gets fobbed off with beans and sausages out of a tin!)

pie Thu 25-Sep-03 17:05:50

DD won't eat anything that looks like it has bits in it. For instance you can put vegetables in the pasta sauce, but she won't eat them, but if we whizz them up then thats fine, even if she knows they are still there. She'll stand there and watch them disappear, then proceed quite happily.

Oh yeah and she won't eat pepper (ground pepper on anything).

She came home from nursery 2 weeks ago in tears because they had given her tinned tuna for lunch and she wouldn't eat it. They said she had to or else they would tell her mummy. She was so upset and asking if I was cross with her...I HATE TINNED TUNA, I REALLY HATE IT. Have never told her though...she was so relieved when I told her that it was ok to hate tuna.

Now if there were a thread on what do you wish your wife would eat, DH would be here for hours. And this is without the morning sickness

SoupDragon Thu 25-Sep-03 17:13:36

Vegetables. Sigh.

littlerach Thu 25-Sep-03 21:06:49

pasta, potato or rice.

littlerach Thu 25-Sep-03 21:07:08

pasta, potato or rice.

Enid Thu 25-Sep-03 21:08:26

white sauces and potatoes

misdee Thu 25-Sep-03 21:10:55

veg. she will eat pasta, potatoes (only in chip form or mashed tho,) rice, most meats and sauces. just a few veg would be nice. i usually whizz some carrots up in the blender and add those to the shepherds pie, tho if she sees me doing this there is hell to pay.

doormat Thu 25-Sep-03 21:12:55

carrots from the bottom up

deegward Thu 25-Sep-03 21:18:59

I thought children were meant to love pies, and things in pastry... will someone tell my son. He will not eat any stew type thing, or pie, or anything with a sauce. And I did the Anabel Karmel thing, and am doing it again for ds2. Oh well at least I know he used to eat these things

deegward Thu 25-Sep-03 21:19:51

I thought children were meant to love pies, and things in pastry... will someone tell my son. He will not eat any stew type thing, or pie, or anything with a sauce. And I did the Anabel Karmel thing, and am doing it again for ds2. Oh well at least I know he used to eat these things

CnR Fri 26-Sep-03 09:29:50

Chips! It would make her having kid's meals when out easier. She prefers her potatoes in waffle form, as mash or just boiled.

Angeliz Fri 26-Sep-03 09:41:35

my dd2.6, won't eat anything wet or anything i cook! Actually she's just started eating pasta shapes(out of tins), but wont eat my pasta.i've made my own sausages......burgers.........fishcakes.(thats besides the stews, dinners.) she seems to know it's not from a pack

Blu Fri 26-Sep-03 13:57:30

My DS won't eat any fruit which has a slippery, slimy or wet texture...no grapes, citrus, melon,peach, pineapple, in fact he will only eat apple or banana. Constantly fretting about vit. C...but he likes broccoli.

robinw Fri 26-Sep-03 14:44:19

message withdrawn

CP Fri 26-Sep-03 18:20:09

A bigger variety of fruit (only raisins, bananas & apples at the moment) and sandwiches from Boots or Tesco or wherever - it would make picnics so easy!

Eulalia Fri 26-Sep-03 19:56:40

ds is pretty good about fruit and veg, some days are better than others but I usually manage 3-5 portions a day. Tends to be the same ones though. He has pureed fruit mixed into cereal plus a glass of fruit juice at breakfast so that takes care of 2 for a start. It is protien I have a problem with and I have to hide egg by making egg bread and I wish he'd eat fish other than bloody fish fingers! He loves advocados though which I believe are very healthy.

dd is really good at the moment - ate all the homemade stew I made today - lots of lumps and veg - how long will it last?

CP Sun 28-Sep-03 17:50:02

Eulalia - have you tried Lemon Sole Goujons? You can get them from Sainsburys or Marks & Spencer and I highly reccommend them as an alternative to fish fingers.

susanmt Sun 28-Sep-03 20:09:08

Wish dd would eat cheese and pasta. Everyone else in the house loves them, she wont try.
Ds eats everything, even if not food, so no worries there!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now