Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Duped!

(10 Posts)
diyvspse Sun 11-Sep-11 17:14:18

Just paid a lot of money for an item the seller now says he accidentally ruined - he offered to sell me something 'similar'...I asked for my money back but I'm waiting to receive a refund. I reported to Ebay, but what happens now?

diyvspse Sun 11-Sep-11 20:10:09

HELP!

PelvicFloorsOfSteel Sun 11-Sep-11 20:11:47

How did you pay?

Honeydragon Sun 11-Sep-11 20:12:22

You will get a full refund don't worry smile What makes you suspect the seller isn't genuine? Is it a private seller or ebay shop?

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 11-Sep-11 20:14:21

If it doesn't refund then report to ebay, raise a case and ask for a full refund. You'll get your money, don't worry.

Why do you think you were duped? It could be perfectly innocent...

diyvspse Sun 11-Sep-11 20:29:54

I paid using paypal. The seller is private I think. Previous reviews good - so I am surprised. The excuse given was so ridiculous (won't go into it) that it's definitely a scam. Thanks guys, all I care about is getting the cash back.

fergoose Sun 11-Sep-11 20:53:17

log into paypal.co.uk and at the top you can raise a dispute - find the transaction, then once opened escalate immediately

This is all you need to do - they should refund you in about a week.

diyvspse Sun 11-Sep-11 21:12:15

Thanks so much fergoose, I'll do that right now.

fergoose Sun 11-Sep-11 21:41:34

I am intrigued as to how you were duped - did they want more money or did they not have the item to sell to you?

diyvspse Mon 12-Sep-11 11:31:40

Didn't have the item I suspect, but had something similar - which sounded like a fake.

Got the cash back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now