Talk

Advanced search

Does everyone wear make-up while camping or do you embrace a more natural appearance?

(39 Posts)
Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 17:14:55

I am rather curious.

I still feel the need to apply mascara and sometimes eyeshadow while I'm camping, when I'm sure it makes bugger all difference in reality, but it makes me feel a bit better if nothing else.

spicemonster Wed 24-Jun-09 17:53:01

I always put mascara on. I look like an albino rabbit without it. Tinted moisturiser too and sometimes eyeliner as it seems to complement the grubby look I favour when camping

Fimbo Wed 24-Jun-09 17:53:58

I went camping for the first time ever at May half term and applied my normal make-up after my morning shower.

sarah293 Wed 24-Jun-09 17:54:08

Message withdrawn

Fimbo Wed 24-Jun-09 17:54:28

I took a hand held mirror with me, just for that purpose blush

wonderingwondering Wed 24-Jun-09 17:55:00

Tinted moisturiser so I don't scare the horses (and to act as sun screen), and mascara.

Slubberdegullion Wed 24-Jun-09 18:03:46

Well knock me down with an unsecured plastic stripey windbreak.

This is the woman who once hmmd at me when I suggested that a washing up bowl was a vital piece of camping equipment and here she is with her mascara AND eyeshadow.

I don't know what to say.

It's like finding out that Bernard Matthews is a fruitarian.

Lucycat Wed 24-Jun-09 18:12:31

Nope no makeup - au natural here, amybe some moisturiser with self tan that i usually use anyway.

but I do take my straightners in case I have to go into civilisation aka a french restaurant grin

hanaflower Wed 24-Jun-09 18:15:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spicemonster Wed 24-Jun-09 18:41:10

LOL at slobber. Don't you find that campers become more refined over the years though?

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 24-Jun-09 18:43:45

i don't wear makeup most days so am even less likely to when tenting.

Montifer Wed 24-Jun-09 18:48:31

Am delighted to realise that I embrace a natural appearance the vast majority of the time (glad that it's not just that I'm lazy and can't be arsed).
Definitely embrace nature wholeheartedly if camping smile

Squidward Wed 24-Jun-09 18:51:04

no make up all day

a bit for the night
WILD hair - after all you are in a forest in france

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 19:21:26

lol Slubber

But in my defence makeup doesn't take up much room, a little mini mascara, some eye shadow and a tiny miorror can be squeezed into my wash-bag.

A wahing-up bowl, on the other hand, is bulky and cumbersome and rather pointless grin

I thought you might have a shock slubber lol, but minimalist campers can still look nice grin

ingles2 Wed 24-Jun-09 19:25:19

really OMDB??? so what happens when you go in the pool/sea/whatever? do you have panda eyes?
I don't wear any during the day...might put some on if we're going somewhere posh. I use it as an excuse to give my skin/eyes a break.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Wed 24-Jun-09 19:25:26

I wear pretty much the same wherever- lippy, mascara, bronzer

I usually nanishes by 9.30 (doubly bad if you know I have an ITEC qual in the stuff blush) but heck

DH ahs bought me a steam hairbrush I asked for, but then my hair has gone from kylie cropped length to past my shoulders and am still at a loss what to do with it

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 19:32:43

Ingles it is always waterproof mascara lol

Mostly when I'm camping I am also climbing, rather than going in a pool/sea. I have yet to suffer with panda eyes thank goodness.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 24-Jun-09 19:39:15

LOL no, apart from the of smudge of warpaint from the bbq charcoals grin

TsarChasm Wed 24-Jun-09 19:45:48

I start off with good intentions but inevitably my camping look descends into this.

ingles2 Wed 24-Jun-09 20:12:59

LOl... looking gorgeous in that shot Tsar grin

JonathonRipplesnipples Wed 24-Jun-09 20:37:28

shock shock omdb!
lol
No straightners here
I leave it to dry naturally too
Makeup yes- eyeshadow eyeliner and mascara

bramblebooks Wed 24-Jun-09 20:42:29

I do not go anywhere without first applying lippy and mascara. It is just too scary, will cause a national alert and the neighbours to activate zombie plans.

I take lippy, mascara and a little packet of those makeup cleanser sheet thingies.

I would end up looking like herman munster's mother without a hairdryer.

BonsoirAnna Wed 24-Jun-09 20:43:27

I don't camp but if I did I certainly would not wear make-up!

Glitterknickaz Wed 24-Jun-09 21:01:22

Nah.... I go wild!

oregonianabroad Wed 24-Jun-09 21:02:45

oooh, tinted moisterizer -- that's a good idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now